• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

So uh, even worse news.

No Codex entry for the Well of Urd exists. At all. It's just a random-ass lake where the Norns reside.

The Norns codex entry doesn't leave much to be desired either. Just that Kratos somehow knew their names from the start without knowing how he obtained the names.
well i think this is good news tho ? nothing contradict to card game LOL

Does that really contradict the card games tho? I mean, just cuz they don't mention it doesn't mean it's not canon.
It does because not even once are any of these possibilites or realities even shown on screen or even given a mention. The Well has no mystic powers either, it's not even a well, it's just a normal lake. You'd think they'd do this and maintain utmost faithfulness to the secondary canon but nah. Just doesn't happen here.

Does anyone find it hilariously funny how Kratos gets every single power up in the Greek Pantheon, including Titan shit, Hades' soul itself, Hermes' Yeezys, the Blade of Olympus, all his Godly powers, gets wings to fly about, and all Zeus has to do is literally this?

20221107_182323.gif

Does anyone find it hilariously funny how Kratos gets every single power up in the Greek Pantheon, including Titan shit, Hades' soul itself, Hermes' Yeezys, the Blade of Olympus, all his Godly powers, gets wings to fly about, and all Zeus has to do is literally this?

20221107_182323.gif
Oh it is.

I wonder how much Odin would mald if he saw the sheer chadness of Zeus the One-shotter? I bet he really wishes he could just blast his problems away like that.

emmm card game stated they can manipulate many realities tho
They can't. Freya debunked this notion. When Kratos told her of the story of the Sisters of Fate, Freya called it the most dangerous and irresponsible thing she had ever heard, and that the Norns have no such power as the Greek Sisters of Fate did.

20221107_182323.gif
Do you ever think if they make a game for another panthéon that he’ll ever be topped? Like which god could potentially be stronger?

Yes, the card game that is unsupported by anything in the game, which is the main issue.
If anything, the game further wanks the Greek Sisters of Fate even more and make the whole notion of alternate timelines an even more viable path for the Greek Pantheon instead (In fact, it's the only actual Pantheon so far with alternate timelines, like Ares killing Kratos or Kratos repeating the loop of GOW2 to make GOW3 exist yet violating the loop in the end result by saving Sparta and the Spartans). Tragic, that even in the latest game meant to give Norse more screentime it's the Greeks that get more wank than anything else.

I feel like the first Baldur fight was higher scale than than either Thor fight. That shit was like Man of Steel, (as terrible as that movie was, the action was great)

Was still fun to fight him ofc

They can't. Freya debunked this notion. When Kratos told her of the story of the Sisters of Fate, Freya called it the most dangerous and irresponsible thing she had ever heard, and that the Norns have no such power as the Greek Sisters of Fate did.

Yes, the card game that is unsupported by anything in the game, which is the main issue.
let's wait other supplementary material or next game. also hardly disagree this is last norse game. Judging from the ending.

let's wait other supplementary material or next game. also hardly disagree this is last norse game. Judging from the ending.
This is absolutely the last Norse game as has been hammered by the other devs for so many years now. At best I only expect new DLC before they make their shift to another Pantheon.

This is absolutely the last Norse game as has been hammered by the other devs for so many years now. At best I only expect new DLC before they make their shift to another Pantheon.
We never know. Cory barlog is the one that decided to make it duology. Anything will happen in future.

Do you ever think if they make a game for another panthéon that he’ll ever be topped? Like which god could potentially be stronger?
The Norse deities are portrayed as just magically attuned superhuman beings in actual mythology so them being lesser in grandness makes sense when compared to the Greek World.

Other pantheons might be able to go beyond if the developers portray them based on that aspect of their natures, since some of them have more "divine" portrayals for their top deities. As for which god-king or queen that would be, I'm not sure. Maybe Amaterasu? Or Enlil? I dunno.

The Norse deities are portrayed as just magically attuned superhuman beings in actual mythology so them being lesser in grandness makes sense when compared to the Greek World.

Other pantheons might be able to go beyond if the developers portray them based on that aspect of their natures, since some of them have more "divine" portrayals for their top deities. As for which god-king or queen that would be, I'm not sure. Maybe Amaterasu? Or Enlil? I dunno.
Eygptian mythology is pretty much living abstracts: the mythology.

I'll definitely bet the Egyptian gods are bringing back the scale of things. They predate the Greek gods by like 3,000 years and share some similarities. Not to mention most of are pretty much furries, so ain't no need for "grounded".

I'll definitely bet the Egyptian gods are bringing back the scale of things. They predate the Greek gods by like 3,000 years and share some similarities. Not to mention most of are pretty much furries, so ain't no need for "grounded".
Yeah. Also interesting in that they have "many, many gods" according to Mimir. Wonder how a game with a far larger divine presence would feel?

I meant in real mythology
Featless in that sense.

Egyptian, as mentioned above, is all about abstraction. The egyptians assigned a deity to pretty much any kind of idea. Even the hieroglyphics are but merely reflection of their "true names"

Basically, the symbol of them being furries is not literal, it represents the idea they embody

For example, Hathor possess the solar disk between her horns to showcase her relationship to the Eye of Ra, as one of the goddesses that can become Sekhmet the Lioness. She's represented by a cow, as her power is that of motherhood; her milk sustains and nourishes the world (represented by her body being dotted by stars, as she will give birth once more to Ra, whose light promotes life itself)

If you take their stuff literally (which honestly would be a disservice), they can go from anywhere between tier 4 and low 2-C

Ra himself sustains and represents the idea of a flow of time with his journey in the skies

Yeah. Also interesting in that they have "many, many gods" according to Mimir. Wonder how a game with a far larger divine presence would feel?
Yeah that's true. There's over 2,000 deities recorded in Egyptian Mythology. I definitely don't think they should just do 2 games in Egypt and dip. I want that same build up as Greece with the humanization as Ragnarok, and this time I'd like Kratos to have a personal connection to the Egyptian gods, unlike in the Norse games where he's just pretty much in the wrong place wrong time.

Maybe a feud with the God of Evil Set (sometimes Seth) and his biggest Opp Horus as an ally since he's a pretty chill dude from what I've read.

Featless in that sense.

Egyptian, as mentioned above, is all about abstraction. The egyptians assigned a deity to pretty much any kind of idea. Even the hieroglyphics are but merely reflection of their "true names"

Basically, the symbol of them being furries is not literal, it represents the idea they embody

For example, Hathor possess the solar disk between her horns to showcase her relationship to the Eye of Ra, as one of the goddesses that can become Sekhmet the Lioness. She's represented by a cow, as her power is that of motherhood; her milk sustains and nourishes the world (represented by her body being dotted by stars, as she will give birth once more to Ra, whose light promotes life itself)

If you take their stuff literally (which honestly would be a disservice), they can go from anywhere between tier 4 and low 2-C

Ra himself sustains and represents the idea of a flow of time with his journey in the skies
Btw, if interested to know more about the things the gods represent and their role in Ma'at (the Law, essentially, which dictates everything that happens in the world), I recommend a read of Middle Egyptian Second Edition by James P. Allen

do you think if SMS choose Egyptian myth, they will go open world route ? Because IIRC in Egypt, any daily life activities (cooklng, fishing, eating, stealing, killing, etc) are considered divine thing

Yeah that's true. There's over 2,000 deities recorded in Egyptian Mythology. I definitely don't think they should just do 2 games in Egypt and dip. I want that same build up as Greece with the humanization as Ragnarok, and this time I'd like Kratos to have a personal connection to the Egyptian gods, unlike in the Norse games where he's just pretty much in the wrong place wrong time.

Maybe a feud with the God of Evil Set (sometimes Seth) and his biggest Opp Horus as an ally since he's a pretty chill dude from what I've read.
Maybe Jormi could make a return and fight against Apep? Would be certainly badass to see.

Back