• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

This is an interview with Alex Olteanu, lead designer of the GoW Card game that's coming out in Q3 2019. At 1:00-1:43 he talks about how the story of the card game is 'a new branch of Santa Monica studio's story' and that they worked closely with them to get to this point. At 30:20-32:10 he re-iterates that the studio worked with them all the way from the very beginning and had to approve everything that ended up in the card game.

right here at the timestamp, more confirmation that the card game is valid. They said it adds stories to the god of war universe and that santa monica studios approves and endorses the story.

And in the above interview, Alex mentioned that he wanted to bring 'stronger lore' to the card game from this quote: "A: The two medias are very different, and previously working on the development side of Bloodborne: The Card Game, we knew coming in that a direct translation wasn’t possible. That being said, we wanted to translate the experience of being a god, the combat driven aspect of the game combined with a stronger lore and, being a son/father story, we knew it had to be a cooperative experience." So the card game adds to the canon/lore of the gow series.

Well, i think i would disagree with that. I mean the realm is only sit in the branch of yggdrasil, and the branch it self have infinity in size,
Normally speaking that'd be High 3-A.

thats clearly mean 2A structure, because being infinitely bigger than low 2C structure (the realm)
No. A 2-A structure would imply an infinite number of 4-D spacetime continuums. Which really isn't looking so swell for the "Well of Urd".

May I know more about this? So was Surtr going to destroy the entire Yggdrasil, but Kratos and Atreus managed to convince him to only destroy Asgard?
Watch at the part where Ratatoskr talks about a shitton of Realm Seeds released by the destruction of Asgard that Kratos gets as gifts for saving him and his merry band of squirrels as well as the tree from "immolation".

Hmm

Tbh I’m fine with that, Bor was always a minor character, Vali and Ve seem weird tho
Yes, I find it also weird that Odin's brothers are literally nowhere to be found in this dire time of need given their overall importance.

Normally speaking that'd be High 3-A.

No. A 2-A structure would imply an infinite number of 4-D spacetime continuums. Which really isn't looking so swell for the "Well of Urd".
High 3A just for 3D structure

No, if you have space that can contain it, or infinitely bigger than low 2C, you not need "infinite number". Thats how MGF and tensura have their 2A rating
I don't exactly agree with it in Rimuru's case so this isn't exactly a convincing argument.
Well, i just reply your comment that in this site thats way will not give 2A structure

High 3A just for 3D structure

No, if you have space that can contain it, or infinitely bigger than low 2C, you not need "infinite number". Thats how MGF and tensura have their 2A rating
That's the problem. To be "infinitely bigger" than those timelines, you need statements of infinite existential superiority, but that would lead straight to Low 1-C and thus we are brought full circle to Freya's statement, at which point we are forced back to the Mask and the Green Rift of supposedly infinite knowledge.

Well, i just reply your comment that in this site thats way will not give 2A structure
It'd give Low 1-C instead if you could prove existential superiority, but again, read above about the Mask and the Green Rift.

That's the problem. To be "infinitely bigger" than those timelines, you need statements of infinite existential superiority, but that would lead straight to Low 1-C and thus we are brought full circle to Freya's statement, at which point we are forced back to the Mask and the Green Rift of supposedly infinite knowledge.
Actually, not really. Just being infinitely bigger than a space-time continuum wouldn't push you to Tier 1 and indeed, you don't need to be existentially superior to something to be infinitely larger than it. That said, I'm still very leery of using this argument for tiering.

Hey, if Kratos were to have gotten a power boost on the level of the Power of Hope in the Norse World, what do you guys think it would've been and how would the story have gone about it?

I don't know how to post this here so i will just quote it: VISIONS AFTER REST

"Visions after rest
Lay in wait for explorers
Crafted by the imps
And filled with magic, joy or horror.
Among these fanciful realms,
Lie endless creation
And possibilities where the limit
Is one's own imagination."

Hey, if Kratos were to have gotten a power boost on the level of the Power of Hope in the Norse World, what do you guys think it would've been and how would the story have gone about it?
Kratos would be one-shotting everyone left and right with just mere gestures, all the gods would literally find him as nothing more than a brick wall to break their hands on, so it would become incredibly boring quite fast. PoH Kratos is in essentiality, Composite Kratos, quite literally.

Actually, not really. Just being infinitely bigger than a space-time continuum wouldn't push you to Tier 1 and indeed, you don't need to be existentially superior to something to be infinitely larger than it.
You usually need a combo of both to qualify for Tier 1.

That said, I'm still very leery of using this argument for tiering.
I still have some hope in the Green Rift thingy.

"Visions after rest
Crafted by the imps
Lie endless creation
Wonder what these imps are.

"Visions after rest
Crafted by the imps
Lie endless creation
If this is one of the kvasir poems, they have no meaning besides being riddle/poems about other games

Just because it's a refrence to another fame dosen't mean it isn't part of the lore. It still mentions nine realms.
That poem isn't about the nine realms or mentioning them. It's a reference to the PS exclusive called Dreams. It's gonna be meaningless trying to get an upgrade using the poems.

"Visions after rest
Crafted by the imps
Lie endless creation
you can upload the image on VS wiki account, after that share the link pic in here

Could "endless creation" among "realms" (that are clearly nine realms) mean infinite such realms?
I don't think so, if they wanted to say infinite realms they could've just said "Infinite number of realms" or something on that mark. GOW tends to be very explicit with its physical descriptions so I doubt they'd forget that tidbit.

So Heimdall can see everything, read minds, slow down time, conjure up new limbs, and talk shit, and he lost to a dude with a duplicating spear
This dude with a duplicating spear as a Demigod RE'd out of time stop + time slow + Age Manip with sheer speed and rage (Resistances he didn't have before at all), snapped actual soul necks while completely depowered in Elysium while not even having his demigod status or even his red iconic tattoo and absorbed his powers back, literally absorbed the concept of death into himself and became Death, the Destroyer of Worlds itself, developed a brand new will to completely L + RATIO fate itself without even realizing it himself, and then proceeded to rip apart Olympus like it was no one's business. Even threatened to slice "Higher-dimensional" Athena in half with the newfound power locked inside of him that he used to beat Zeus to death bare-handed.

So yeah, this dude literally just makes up bullshit with sheer rage.

To be honest, this dude with a spear could've given Heimdall the special Hermes "de-feeting" treatment. Heimdall was ******* lucky all he got was death from blood loss and didn't even get his neck snapped.

btw in this mission kratos obtain new sword. Kratos stated that "he will use it for good". But that sword is not usable in gameplay.

Don't know if Mimir is joking or not but apparently Midgard used to be bigger until Garmr ate pieces of it as a puppy. He ate a few mountain ranges and the "fifth season that comes after winter but before spring and the word for being so hungry you stop being hungry".

This dude with a duplicating spear as a Demigod RE'd out of time stop + time slow + Age Manip with sheer speed and rage (Resistances he didn't have before at all), snapped actual soul necks while completely depowered in Elysium while not even having his demigod status or even his red iconic tattoo and absorbed his powers back, literally absorbed the concept of death into himself and became Death, the Destroyer of Worlds itself, developed a brand new will to completely L + RATIO fate itself without even realizing it himself, and then proceeded to rip apart Olympus like it was no one's business. Even threatened to slice "Higher-dimensional" Athena in half with the newfound power locked inside of him that he used to beat Zeus to death bare-handed.

So yeah, this dude literally just makes up bullshit with sheer rage.
W
To be honest, this dude with a spear could've given Heimdall the special Hermes "de-feeting" treatment. Heimdall was ******* lucky all he got was death from blood loss and didn't even get his neck snapped.
I'm not gonna lie

I'd love to see a bigger asshat fight between Heimdall and Hermes

The speedster vs the precog user, who'd get it

Back