• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I just want to see cosmic level in-game fights in GoW, man. Asura's Wrath did it with a lower budget and lesser resources BACK IN 2012. GoW can do it too. It would've been so cool to see Thor and Kratos break reality (they can do that in lore, so I don't know why the devs keep the gameplay and cinematics so grounded that it almost feels as if these Gods aren't divine abstract beings but just immortal superheroes with a twisted sense of morality) and fight like this:-

Primordials bruh. Primordials.

latest

An intro that has been cemented into lore for as long as anyone can remember. Most of the best feats in GOW aren't pure gameplay either, but scripted QTEs.
Yh, if it was actually like Asura's Wrath, we wouldn't have had to explain the lore, game mechanics, P.I.S., cinematic timing, and cosmology to everyone.

Yh, if it was actually like Asura's Wrath, we wouldn't have had to explain the lore, game mechanics, P.I.S., cinematic timing, and cosmology to everyone.
Trust me buddy, even with Asura's Wrath people had a hard time getting 3-A to fruition, but it worked for a while until the formula to calculate Chakravartin changed overall.

No matter how blatant some feats can get even on-screen, people will still find bullshit cop-out ways to call it bunk.

I just want to see cosmic level in-game fights in GoW, man. Asura's Wrath did it with a lower budget and lesser resources BACK IN 2012. GoW can do it too. It would've been so cool to see Thor and Kratos break reality (they can do that in lore, so I don't know why the devs keep the gameplay and cinematics so grounded that it almost feels as if these Gods aren't divine abstract beings but just immortal superheroes with a twisted sense of morality) and fight like this:-
That's sort of the point. Even in actual Norse mythology, the Aesir, Vanir and Jotnar were closer to extremely powerful superhumans with mystical powers than actual immortal beings that represent aspects of existence. I suspect that's why the Greek Pantheon had such a larger than life presence and massive consequences for the world with their deaths in comparison.

There's no problem in wanting more of a spectacle in the battles though, but I think they do fairly alright on that end. Though, it just makes me more excited for visits to more majestic pantheons and what we'll see there.

well you can blame no-cut camera

Please don't believe any shit Crisis says.

He tried the same shit with Witcher and Gaunter O'Dimm.
Wait the YouTuber?
they will released it after few month game released
wait link?
That's sort of the point. Even in actual Norse mythology, the Aesir, Vanir and Jotnar were closer to extremely powerful superhumans with mystical powers than actual immortal beings that represent aspects of existence. I suspect that's why the Greek Pantheon had such a larger than life presence and massive consequences for the world with their deaths in comparison.

There's no problem in wanting more of a spectacle in the battles though, but I think they do fairly alright on that end. Though, it just makes me more excited for visits to more majestic pantheons and what we'll see there.
this
The Greeks are all powerful immortals whose passions and rivalries defined sagas, the Norse are gods who are doomed to die and must live with that

there’s a huge difference there and it’s something I hope we see again when we go to Egypt (since Egypt gets wild)
Especially considering how there's so many Greek gods we never saw
shoutout to Artemis and Apollo, major Olympians referenced repeatedly who never appear. I almost want an anthology story showing some of the other characters for this

like imagine seeing Faye’s journey
I kinda hope we come across some remnant gods from Greece that managed to flee to other lands. Unlikely but pretty cool to see.
I actually think there’s some overlap between mythologies, like I want to say the Egyptians have a lot of ties to Greek myth and there’s room for that in the games (Werewolves are an Irish thing after all)

Wait the YouTuber?
Nah fam, someone else. CrisisCrysis.

this
The Greeks are all powerful immortals whose passions and rivalries defined sagas, the Norse are gods who are doomed to die and must live with that

there’s a huge difference there and it’s something I hope we see again when we go to Egypt (since Egypt gets wild)
Aye. We need a bit of that majestic expression back.

shoutout to Artemis and Apollo, major Olympians referenced repeatedly who never appear. I almost want an anthology story showing some of the other characters for this

like imagine seeing Faye’s journey
Artemis appears once and then ***** off.

I actually think there’s some overlap between mythologies, like I want to say the Egyptians have a lot of ties to Greek myth and there’s room for that in the games (Werewolves are an Irish thing after all)
Aye, could be a thing.

So god of war will be upgraded or downloaded? Looks like most people agree to downgrade the verse. What tier would/will everyone be at?

So god of war will be upgraded or downloaded? Looks like most people agree to downgrade the verse. What tier would/will everyone be at?
2-C, so upgrade from where they stand at right now. Yggdrasil would possibly get a downgrade to 2-C unless we get more deets on the Green Rift thing and the Mask.

Anything below that is out of the question.

another info that greek and norse are separate universe. also finally kratos mention flame of olympus

What’s the reference in particular?
Nah fam, someone else. CrisisCrysis.

Aye. We need a bit of that majestic expression back.
I’d be bf own with seeing a new Vibe, something larger then the Norse but not necessarily the same as the Greek. Have the games reinvent themselves based off mythology

hack and slash = Greek
RPG = Norse
Maybe have something closer to Asura’s Bayonetta for Egypt and something closer to horror/Dark Souls for the Celtic Pantheon
Artemis appears once and then ***** off.
Tbh that barely counts smh
Lowkey sad her and Apollo aren’t side bosses in Ragnarok
Aye, could be a thing
Could help explain how the pantheons are connected to (how the **** does it work?)
the verse will be downloaded 🔫
2-C, so upgrade from where they stand at right now. Yggdrasil would possibly get a downgrade to 2-C unless we get more deets on the Green Rift thing and the Mask.

Anything below that is out of the question.
yeah I agree, I think we have pretty consistent 2-C reasoning based off everything like
Cronos making time (though **** this feat)
Morpheus merging realms
Thor affecting Yggdrasil
Surtur burning Asgard and shaking the realms
Odin making realms
Odin sealing realms (unless it’s just the Bifrost)
The Realm Tears
The Nidhogg stuff (like his kids and himself using a realm tear)
Heimdall’s horn transcending time
Etx

you know what, sometimes i miss old era when cory barlog keep replying every tweet he could........ miss that day.......

What’s the reference in particular?
Pandora, Hephaestus, the box, The Great Evils.

I’d be bf own with seeing a new Vibe, something larger then the Norse but not necessarily the same as the Greek. Have the games reinvent themselves based off mythology

hack and slash = Greek
RPG = Norse
Maybe have something closer to Asura’s Bayonetta for Egypt and something closer to horror/Dark Souls for the Celtic Pantheon
Egypt could be a return to massive spectacle battles like Greece, Japan could be all about pure speed, and Celtic Pantheon could be about horror, aye.

Mayans could be about the jungles and aquatic life.

Tbh that barely counts smh
Lowkey sad her and Apollo aren’t side bosses in Ragnarok
I mean, there's no point seeing them as bosses in Norse. But ye, no physical appearance of one of the most important gods is genuinely saddening.

Could help explain how the pantheons are connected to (how the **** does it work?)
Only way I see it is if the Egyptian/Greek Pantheons were at war once and something caused them to enter a truce until the Greeks died so...

the verse will be downloaded 🔫
🏴‍☠️

yeah I agree, I think we have pretty consistent 2-C reasoning based off everything like
Cronos making time (though **** this feat)
Morpheus merging realms
You forgot Atlas holding up the Greek Pantheon and Hercules temporarily doing it for him (And calling the entire thing completely lame compared to the praise Kratos got)

Thor affecting Yggdrasil
Surtur burning Asgard and shaking the realms
Not just the realm, the branch too. And if Kratos didn't save the day, Ratatoskr states that the entire tree would be burned to a crisp.

Odin making realms
Yeah, this is legit, Odin also states that Ymir wasn't just some nobody he could just shank and end, Ymir was a force of nature according to his own words, to be reckoned with.

Odin sealing realms (unless it’s just the Bifrost)
Sealing the realms could just be Sealing I'd reckon

The Realm Tears
The Nidhogg stuff (like his kids and himself using a realm tear)
Heimdall’s horn transcending time
Etx
You forgot Garmr chewing through the fabric of the realms.

Not sure what the green rift does.

Speaking of download... let's talk about the PC port.

And potential PC ports for the Greek games.

Any graphical tidbit you'd want to see.

i don't think sony will allow PC port for greek games.
Big doubt. Sony is bleeding in over the Microsoft-ActiBlizz purchase and is going all out with HZD on PC. Bloodborne on PC is just one exec order away from breaking the internet, and GOW would just further boost sales. They're already selling the consoles at a loss and making big bucks on their exclusives, but COD was their biggest cash cow. With that gone, Sony has no other option but to expand into other markets.

Pandora, Hephaestus, the box, The Great Evils.
Ah
Egypt could be a return to massive spectacle battles like Greece, Japan could be all about pure speed, and Celtic Pantheon could be about horror, aye.
True, I do hope they give it a different flavour to Greece. But yeah Celts having a more Dark Souls/Senua theme would be really cool

I also Lowkey hope Japan is god of War with some Sekiro or Dynasty Warriors
Mayans could be about the jungles and aquatic life.
Tbh that’s more a theme then gameplay style
I mean, there's no point seeing them as bosses in Norse. But ye, no physical appearance of one of the most important gods is genuinely saddening.
Eh would be fun and tie up a loose end
Really just endgame content
Only way I see it is if the Egyptian/Greek Pantheons were at war once and something caused them to enter a truce until the Greeks died so...
It’s possible, Thoth knows who he is In the novel and we have Persian deities in the novels being name dropped
You forgot Atlas holding up the Greek Pantheon and Hercules temporarily doing it for him (And calling the entire thing completely lame compared to the praise Kratos got)
Yeah but that’s not Tier 2
Not just the realm, the branch too. And if Kratos didn't save the day, Ratatoskr states that the entire tree would be burned to a crisp.
Tbh doesn’t the game specifically mention only Asgard would fall?
Yeah, this is legit, Odin also states that Ymir wasn't just some nobody he could just shank and end, Ymir was a force of nature according to his own words, to be reckoned with.
Aye, Odin seemed to have had trouble with him
Which reminds me, do we get insight on Vili and Ve? Like they just vanish in Norse Mytholot
Sealing the realms could just be Sealing I'd reckon
True, decent range tho
You forgot Garmr chewing through the fabric of the realms.
Eh Nidhogg has it too
Not sure what the green rift does.
Green shit

Speaking of download... let's talk about the PC port.

And potential PC ports for the Greek games.

Any graphical tidbit you'd want to see.
Bro I Lowkey just want mods
Imagine porting in Norse Kratos to fight Zeus or maybe even having weapons from those games ported to Ragnarok

Yeah but that’s not Tier 2
How so? Atlas is holding up multiple universe-sized realms on top of him with their own space time, as well as the entire Pantheon itself, that's blatant Tier 2 and Immeasurable LS no matter how you slice it, you're pushing up against 4-D weights and withstanding all that weight compressing your body without getting crushed. Once you get to High 3-A and above the whole AP =/= LS argument falls apart.

Plus he damaged the World Pillar by adding Helios's power on top, and even after letting Helios go, he was completely unharmed by the Death Explosion of Persephone that blew up the World Pillar which held up the Pantheon before Atlas did.

Tbh doesn’t the game specifically mention only Asgard would fall?
If all went according to Kratos's plan, yes. If it didn't, goodbye Yggdrasil.

Doesn't matter anymore tho, Surtr whacked out the entire branch that held Asgard alongside the realm.

Aye, Odin seemed to have had trouble with him
Which reminds me, do we get insight on Vili and Ve? Like they just vanish in Norse Mytholot
Odin's father is nowhere to be found either, or Audumbla.

True, decent range tho
More range feats are always good.

Eh Nidhogg has it too
Didn't you already mention Nidhogg tho?

EDIT: Yeah you did. Nidhogg's a she BTW.

Green shit
Guess we'll see.

Last edited:
How so? Atlas is holding up multiple universe-sized realms on top of him with their own space time, as well as the entire Pantheon itself, that's blatant Tier 2 and Immeasurable LS no matter how you slice it, you're pushing up against 4-D weights and withstanding all that weight compressing your body without getting crushed. Once you get to High 3-A and above the whole AP =/= LS argument falls apart.
So I assume we take it the other worlds like the Domain we’re supported?
If all went according to Kratos's plan, yes. If it didn't, goodbye Yggdrasil.
Hmm
Doesn't matter anymore tho, Surtr whacked out the entire branch that held Asgard alongside the realm.

Odin's father is nowhere to be found either, or Audumbla.
Tbh I’m fine with that, Bor was always a minor character, Vali and Ve seem weird tho
More range feats are always good.
True
Didn't you already mention Nidhogg tho?

EDIT: Yeah you did. Nidhogg's a she BTW.
Yes, my point is it’s basically the same feat

Soul is have 4 part
-Form, i think its mean concept (yeah in fact concept is form by its etymology)
-Mind
-direction, i think its mean destiny
-and luck
At 5:30

i just realized finding every piece of dialog in this game would take entire month lol. I guess the way how it's works is every area has it's own dialog for every AI companions.

Well, i think i would disagree with that. I mean the realm is only sit in the branch of yggdrasil, and the branch it self have infinity in size, thats clearly mean 2A structure, because being infinitely bigger than low 2C structure (the realm)
You don't get 2-A that way on this site, at all. At most, it'd just be "At least 2-C" via being far above the Nine Realms.

Back