• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I see some people don't like that on wiki.
Regardless of where the Tree's tier stands, people scale to it fully now. There is no changing that. And Kratos not only fought against, but even killed one such beast (Or two) who could pull this off.

Then there's the fact that Surtr used the Blades of Chaos's power to finally give him the boost he needed to become Ragnarok.

Already explained why those concerns don't add up, but it seems neither of us is willing to concede to this. So we'll just agree to disagree on this.
Yh, let's just agree to disagree. It's going in circles. For me, the F.B. post and the 2 confirmations by Cory on it are more than enough evidence to give GoW's Yggdrasil a "possibly 1-B" rating (Cory even says that the promo material post-release such as Facebook posts and guidebooks give a more in-depth explanation of the cosmology than the game itself), but to each and their own. Cheerio 👋.

Yeah Dienomite told us.

Bruh. Guess I should've used Chat myself to see. I'm dumb.

I guess so.

High 1-B, since mention of "infinite dimensions" in this kind of detail cannot be in any good conscience remotely as low as 2-A. Just doesn't happen.

Which makes me doubt this considerably, since transcending time and space in the existential superiority type of thing should wield only Low 1-C.
Please don't believe any shit Crisis says.

He tried the same shit with Witcher and Gaunter O'Dimm.

The post isn't quoting the website. It's explaining the nature of the Yggdrasil. It's an independent lore promo. The website it links was supposed to explain other things about the Norse World. That's why it says "Learn MORE about the GoW Norse World", and not "Learn about the GoW Norse World" or "Learn more about the Yggdrasil".
Problem is, at least one of those has to be mentioned at least once within the primary canon for it to have any effect.

Please don't believe any shit Crisis says.

He tried the same shit with Witcher and Gaunter O'Dimm.
It's not that I don't believe them, it's just that the "infinite dimensions" require more evidence than Freya alone, if the game itself does not make mention of such dimensions or even reference them, then the email and the FB post are completely hopeless.

I understand that the other lore stuff explain the game world in more detail in a more scientific term, but even those don't have mention of the term "infinite dimensions" or similar, only having WoG ATM to elaborate on stuff that doesn't exist yet, unlike the other scans involving Primordials and somesuch. At best the FB post only lines up with the "infinity" part of Yggdrasil's size in the novel, and the green rift, which could potentially be grounds for Low 1-C if Athena is to be believed, but we need more details for the green rift and the mask first.

Thread

He always excuses that the scans "aren't his" and that they come from a friend, and conveniently also talk about "infinite dimensions".
Dumbass, in the same thread I've posted a Discord screenshot clearly showing that the Gaunter O'Dimm scan was found by someone else. Maybe read the entire thread before accusing others baselessly?

It's not that I don't believe them, it's just that the "infinite dimensions" require more evidence than Freya alone, if the game itself does not make mention of such dimensions or even reference them, then the email and the FB post are completely hopeless.

I understand that the other lore stuff explain the game world in more detail in a more scientific term, but even those don't have mention of the term "infinite dimensions" or similar, only having WoG ATM to elaborate on stuff that doesn't exist yet, unlike the other scans involving Primordials and somesuch. At best the FB post only lines up with the "infinity" part of Yggdrasil's size in the novel, and the green rift, which could potentially be grounds for Low 1-C if Athena is to be believed, but we need more details for the green rift and the mask first.
The problem is, given the pattern, I will venture to say these are all forgeries.

Literally exact same thing with the Witcher thread. Took some outside source from the game itself, then inserted mentions of infinite dimensions and try using it to upgrade shit.

Dumbass, in the same thread I've posted a Discord screenshot clearly showing that the Gaunter O'Dimm scan was found by someone else. Maybe read the entire thread before accusing others baselessly?
And I will still call you out on trying to forge scans to get upgrades. No one can back source your stuff, no mention of it anywhere else except your source, and this is dangerously close on becoming a recurrent pattern with you.

There's very little need to get into much of an argument about this. At the end of day, site standards wouldn't allow such an upgrade anyway so it can be shelved on that end. While none of you have done anything wrong so far, please try to maintain civility.

And I will still call you out on trying to forge scans to get upgrades. No one can back source your stuff, no mention of it anywhere else except your source, and this is dangerously close on becoming a recurrent pattern with you.
Cory Barlog is a "no one" for you? I've been saying the same damn thing about the Temple of Helios scans (which are being used for the past 2 years on this website in the GoW verse) and eventually both me and KLOL56 agreed to disagree.

And you seriously think 2 instances are a good sample size to pass that baseless accusation?

There's very little need to get into much of an argument about this. At the end of day, site standards wouldn't allow such an upgrade anyway so it can be shelved on that end. While none of you have done anything wrong so far, please try to maintain civility.
I would still keep an eye on the guy. The fact that his only contributions to the forums are talking only about infinite dimension stuff through these "totally legit sources" is pretty telling to me.

Nevertheless, I don't have an opinion on GoW tiering, so will bid adieu.

People, please, be civil with each other and let's avoid the name-calling, eh? The debate's been done in, neither side is willing to agree with the other so we stopped at that, and these "infinite dimension" upgrades won't pass through under site standards anyway if neither the game nor any of the other official material like guidebooks, artbooks and the like make mention of "infinite dimensions" or similar. So let's settle it there.

I would still keep an eye on the guy. The fact that his only contributions to the forums are talking only about infinite dimension stuff through these "totally legit sources" is pretty telling to me.

Nevertheless, I don't have an opinion on GoW tiering, so will bid adieu.
Another baseless accusation. I have made posts about D.C.E.U. Dr. Fate, GoW 2-A upgrade, and GoW Surtr as well, which you conveniently ignored. Anyone can go on my profile and see that "infinite dimensions" ain't the only thing I talk about. Heck, I even made a post asking the community here which of the GoW scans are fake so that I can be wary of using them.

Last edited:
Dude. Please. Drop it. Both of you. There's no need to further escalate this.
I'd obviously retaliate if someone baselessly and falsely accuses me for maligning my character on this forum. If the guy apologises and/or simply refrains from responding further, I would be fine.

I just want to see cosmic level in-game fights in GoW, man. Asura's Wrath did it with a lower budget and lesser resources BACK IN 2012. GoW can do it too. It would've been so cool to see Thor and Kratos break reality (they can do that in lore, so I don't know why the devs keep the gameplay and cinematics so grounded that it almost feels as if these Gods aren't divine abstract beings but just immortal superheroes with a twisted sense of morality) and fight like this:-

Back