• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I dunno know to feel aboutThat Tyr Twist, I feel like it kinda convolutes things
I don't think it convolutes anything besides being a stupid addition in the first place. I think Odin could've easily used the real Tyr as a bargaining chip but I understand why it's possible he wouldn't considering he was too blinded by getting the mask to make smart decisions

I think a GOW where we go back to Greece could theoretically happen. Since human belief is a partial factor in the existence of mythologies, there could be a GOW that takes place in a Roman mythology version of Greece during Ancient Rome/Classical Mythology era after the Romans took over Greece and altered it's mythology to their own belief. The Greek world ceases to exist and is now replaced by the world of Roman mythology. A mythology that is extremely similar to Greek mythology but is different with its own Gods, mythological creatures, and creation stories that obviously resemble Greek mythology but isn't. I think that would be a really interesting setting to visit for both Atreus and Kratos.
Bro you just have the same thought as me when the "return to Greece" got brought up, this also can be used for cross-travelling to Egypt too due of Roman colonializing
I also wonder how they gonna handling Romulus, like after the man became the founding father or Roman Civilization, he ascended to became a God

Yeah I thought a similar thing too.

It's a genius idea, actually.

Maybe Kratos could be the founder of Rome, and he takes up the role of Mars.

If the real Tyr still being alive is true then he was either in Asgard or Odin swapped with him in Swartflheim
I talked with the guy who posted the SS. He confirmed it. The real Tyr is 100% alive. In horrible condition, but alive, he'll recover in time..

Wouldn't mind if Santa Monica made more supplementary material (comics and novels etc.) mainly focused around other pantheons. It wouldn't even necessarily be about Kratos but it'd be neat to have more fleshing out of the wider cosmology and setting.
100 % agree.

Wouldn't mind if Santa Monica made more supplementary material (comics and novels etc.) mainly focused around other pantheons. It wouldn't even necessarily be about Kratos but it'd be neat to have more fleshing out of the wider cosmology and setting.
Exactly. Could be a good way to introduce them and set up sequels

A remastered Greek trilogy with Ragnarok's graphics would be sick actually. And please add the weapon specific finishers. And maybe even aerial ones like the glory kills in DOOM

Why did TLOU get this treatment and not GOW lol
I need this then I need one with Egyptian mythology

I wanna see Kratos slapboxing Horus

To my understanding, he found Cory’s gmail not the email messege from the screenshot. Cory’s email may match but that doesn’t mean the messeges in the screenshot are real. It’s no different from the faked twitter DM screenshots that God of War has had in the past.
Yeah you'll probably have to ask him.
I need this then I need one with Egyptian mythology
Yeah there's a 90% chance they'll do Egypt next. The comics and that mural in the last game hints at it.
I wanna see Kratos slapboxing Horus
Me too. Along with the evil giant serpent Apophis. I hope they bring back the higher scale boss fights for Egypt.

To my understanding, he found Cory’s gmail not the email messege from the screenshot. Cory’s email may match but that doesn’t mean the messeges in the screenshot are real. It’s no different from the faked twitter DM screenshots that God of War has had in the past.
this is why i suggest someone just need to ask clarification in official discord SMS during Q&A livestream.

Gods of Egypt had great visuals, despite being a shitty movie, that SMS can take inspiration from. Kratos getting into a brutal fight with the batshit insane constantly bloodlusted lionheaded War goddess Sekhmet would be sick.

Do you think Santa Monica should remove the RPG elements for the next Mythology they try to explore? Maybe even change the style of gameplay. It'd be cool if each Mythological saga had it's own unique style.

**** yes. Remove the RPG bullshit entirely. The style isn't bad, just pull the camera out, and no more companions, just multiple playable characters although I wouldn't mind if that stays, and take more influence from the original games, even more than they have in Ragnarok.

And bring back magic attacks

**** yes. Remove the RPG bullshit entirely. The style isn't bad, just pull the camera out, and no more companions, just multiple playable characters although I wouldn't mind if that stays, and take more influence from the original games, even more than they have in Ragnarok.

And bring back magic attacks

Agree. I don't hate the RPG elements but don't excatly like them either. They are just, okay.

And yeah i wouldn't mind the same camera style from the Norse Saga but they definitely need to pull the camera back.

The multiple characters idea is something i am definitely down for. DMC series always did this pretty well.

And i think every video game series should logically draw many influences from previous games in the series.

Agree. I don't hate the RPG elements but don't excatly like them either. They are just, okay
They were very annoying to me personally in 2018.
The multiple characters idea is something i am definitely down for. DMC series always did this pretty well.
Yeah me too. I think they're coming close to this in Ragnarok, which is the first time in a GOW game that you play as someone other than Kratos (well technically you could play as Zeus in Ghost of Sparta, but that was not during the main story)
And i think every video game series should logically draw many influences from previous games in the series.
Exactly. Well, the things the fans miss, and improved the combat.

Yeah I'm not using that scan until I can get confirmation from Cory himself that it's real.

Back