• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Not really on board with full on remakes of the greek games (Except Ascension, that one could use some work) but simple remasters on current gen consoles would be great.
GOW1 has a lot of jank. GOW2 is serviceable but the camera angles still leave a lot to be desired.

The PSP games on the other hand, are perfect as they are.

And there's obviously the issue of future PC port graphical options.

My question is if Giants possibly went to other lands as Angrboda says, how the **** did they do it? They made it very clear in the last game that was only possible through Unity Stones.

The "frozen lightning" is visible in other realms as well.

unknown.png

My question is if Giants possibly went to other lands as Angrboda says, how the **** did they do it? They made it very clear in the last game that was only possible through Unity Stones.
Seems to me they got Unity Stones of their own as well

Not really on board with full on remakes of the greek games (Except Ascension, that one could use some work) but simple remasters on current gen consoles would be great.
Same. Kinda annoyed at all the remake craze. I swear everybody wants a remake of a game these days. I feel like Re2 Remake kind of pushed this entire remake thing into the spotlight.
For example, Dead Space remake. They could've done a sequel or even a reboot with the same style as the originals. I'd rather developers make completely new games than remaking old ones.

Not saying remakes are bad, not at all. Resident Evil is one of the best examples of what a remake can be. I think all 3 remakes (soon 4) are great. But did i need those? Not really.

Also didn't Cory himself state in an interview how remaking old games is unnecesary? Or something along those lines.

Not really excited for the Dead Space remake either, and I agree with you. Just modern Graphical upgrades and a few tweaks will do for a GOW remaster

Still waiting for Ragnarok to be fully available to everyone for any changes to be made.
Oh I see, the reason why I asked is because I am seeing many God of War thread recently popping up in Comic Vine. So I am like what's with God of War characters suddenly getting respected?

Oh I see, the reason why I asked is because I am seeing many God of War thread recently popping up in Comic Vine. So I am like what's with God of War characters suddenly getting respected?
We do not speak of nor care for what other sites outside of VSB think about our profiles. Their standards and our standards for tiering characters do not match, so as simple as it is, we have no regards for what they think the character should be tiered as or what they think of us.

But if you really want to know why it's suddenly getting respected (Here at the very least), let's just say GoW has undergone some massive revisions as of late and plenty more are to come, most regarding hax and whatnot. The tiering revisions are still a while away even without factoring the Tier 1 shenanigans, but it is what it is.

Isnt at least 2A or low 1C, i mean thor can effect entire 9 realms, that every realm is held by yggdrasil's branches, and the branches alone is infinity size beyond the realm thats mean at least 2A structure
We aren't at that point yet. We're still waiting for Ragnarok to clarify further on the realm tree's structure.

I think a GOW where we go back to Greece could theoretically happen. Since human belief is a partial factor in the existence of mythologies, there could be a GOW that takes place in a Roman mythology version of Greece during Ancient Rome/Classical Mythology era after the Romans took over Greece and altered it's mythology to their own belief. The Greek world ceases to exist and is now replaced by the world of Roman mythology. A mythology that is extremely similar to Greek mythology but is different with its own Gods, mythological creatures, and creation stories that obviously resemble Greek mythology but isn't. I think that would be a really interesting setting to visit for both Atreus and Kratos.

Alternatively, a GOW that takes place in between the period where Christianity replaced belief in Norse mythology could be interesting as well. Imagine Kratos and Freya are ruling years down the line but suddenly the world as they know it goes through harsh changes brought on by humans changing their belief systems so they have to figure out how they want to tackle that issue. Or maybe that change to Christianity is represented by how Kratos and Freya rule Norse mythology after thousands and thousands of years. These options are probably more difficult to sell and get right but they would also be cool to see.

Last edited:
I've heard folks on Reddit say that Tyr actually IS alive, but we find him in Niflheim in a side quest at the end of the game
Just saw that. A guy posted a screenshot of the codex entry that explains it and apparently will have footage of the quest. Sounds stupid but you know.

I think a GOW where we go back to Greece could theoretically happen. Since human belief is a partial factor in the existence of mythologies, there could be a GOW that takes place in a Roman mythology version of Greece during Ancient Rome/Classical Mythology era after the Romans took over Greece and altered it's mythology to their own belief. The Greek world ceases to exist and is now replaced by the world of Roman mythology. A mythology that is extremely similar to Greek mythology but is different with its own Gods, mythological creatures and creation stories that obviously resemble Greek Gods but aren't. I think that would be a really interesting setting to visit for both Atreus and Kratos.

Alternatively, a GOW that takes place in between the period where Christianity replaced belief in Norse mythology could be interesting as well. Imagine Kratos and Freya are ruling years down the line but suddenly the world as they know it goes through harsh changes brought on by humans changing their belief systems so they have to figure out how they want to tackle that issue. Or maybe that change to Christianity is represented by how Kratos and Freya rule Norse mythology after thousands and thousands of years. These options are probably more difficult to sell and get right but they would also be cool to see.
surely very interesting. since belief system changing dynamically in real life, i wonder how they represented or manifested those thing in GoW game? Perhaps Cosmology shifting ? concept shifting ?

also i believe SMS will introduce Judaism first rather than Christianity.

Back