• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

What indicates that he died instead of getting knocked out? Nothing. The health meter in gaming is just game immersion. Defrils are used on unconscious people all the time.

If nothing definitively says he died in that moment, you shouldn't argue for it.

What indicates that he died instead of getting knocked out? Nothing. The health meter in gaming is just game immersion. Defrils are used on unconscious people all the time.

If nothing definitively says he died in that moment, you shouldn't argue for it.
I'm not about to bang my head on a brick wall, good luck on the future CRT, be sure to be present to argue your absurdity.

Crossing dimensional borders is immeasurable speed along time travel, right?

Not saying Harpies are immeasurable of course lol
No.

It's not a speed feat in any sense of the word in the first place because the travel itself is actually BFR.

There is a border between the two realms that transports you there automatically. Physical travel between realms in the Greek Pantheon is impossible, you need portals to get through. Like the portal to the Domain of Death.

I'm not about to bang my head on a brick wall, good luck on the future CRT, be sure to be present to argue your absurdity.
I mean, Kratos cleaning Thor's clock later on means that it wouldn't matter anyway and heavily contradicts the interpretation that Thor can insta-kill Kratos reliably so I dunno why this is "arguing absurdity".

I didn't want to mention this yesterday because it's too hard to explain to people who haven't seen the ending fight but the mask that's connected to the green rift in Asgard looks like it has many different languages on it. Besides what I think were Latin words Atreus' translated on the first piece of the mask, other words seem to resemble Hebrew and Chinese but I can't tell.
It has the same green glow and hue as Athena's higher state too. Maybe that's connected?

His talk of the "truth of creation" and secrets of life and death are sort of reminiscent of Athena talking about how her death brought her to a higher form of existence and how "she saw truths she didn't see before" so that could actually be the case.

I mean, Kratos cleaning Thor's clock later on means that it wouldn't matter anyway and heavily contradicts the interpretation that Thor can insta-kill Kratos reliably so I dunno why this is "arguing absurdity".
It doesn't. Never said insta, mever said reliably. Kratos is holding back immensely in theie first fight. But it did happen.

I didn't want to mention this yesterday because it's too hard to explain to people who haven't seen the ending fight but the mask that's connected to the green rift in Asgard looks like it has many different languages on it. Besides what I think were Latin words Atreus' translated on the first piece of the mask, other words seem to resemble Hebrew and Chinese but I can't tell.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah imagine SMS introduced this in GoW Verse.

It doesn't. Never said insta, mever said reliably. Kratos is holding back immensely in theie first fight. But it did happen.
Then, whether or not its game mechanics (personally, I think so but I can see where you're coming from) does it even matter? Kratos defeats Thor in the end and even there, he's going out of his way to not kill Thor. It just feels odd to make a big deal out of it when how they scale to each other wouldn't change much at all.

Then, whether or not its game mechanics (personally, I think so but I can see where you're coming from) does it even matter?
It was addressed in the narrative, both via Atreus resurrecting him, and via Thor resurrecting him. It might be game mechanics, but that's not mutually exclusive from it being canon.
Kratos defeats Thor in the end and even there, he's going out of his way to not kill Thor. It just feels odd to make a big deal out of it when how they scale to each other wouldn't change much at all.
It wasn't supposed to be a big deal, when I made the comment like "wow, that did happen!", I hadn't seen the second fight yet. Yet, the other person was keen into trying to refute me outta nowhere. I just responded.

You say it's addressed in the narrative, do you mean they mention it in story?

It wasn't supposed to be a big deal, when I made the comment like "wow, that did happen!
No, it was definitely no big deal, of course.
There was no animosity in the disagreement

A remastered Greek trilogy with Ragnarok's graphics would be sick actually. And please add the weapon specific finishers. And maybe even aerial ones like the glory kills in DOOM

Why did TLOU get this treatment and not GOW lol

A remastered Greek trilogy with Ragnarok's graphics would be sick actually. And please add the weapon specific finishers. And maybe even aerial ones like the glory kills in DOOM

Why did TLOU get this treatment and not GOW lol
Don't even know why they wouldn't. It gives them a lot of time to plan out the direction of the series and gives the fans something almost all of them want.

Don't even know why they wouldn't. It gives them a lot of time to plan out the direction of the series and gives the fans something almost all of them want.
GOW1 and 2 might need a remake. GOW3 is fine as is as long as they sort out the anti-aliasing issues, but Ascension needs a heavy refresh and return of the multiplayer as well as fixing all the god-awful combat decisions like locking combos behind a Rage Meter and so on and so forth.

GOW1 and 2 might need a remake. GOW3 is fine as is as long as they sort out the anti-aliasing issues, but Ascension needs a heavy refresh and return of the multiplayer as well as fixing all the god-awful combat decisions like locking combos behind a Rage Meter and so on and so forth.
Thinking of playing II with the graphics of Ragnarok and improvement in combat to match the capabilities of a PS4/5 brings me to Valhalla.

Exactly. A good way to introduce new fans who've only played the new games as well.

And imagine the bosses with Ragnarok's graphics. Ares, the sisters of Fate, and Zeus would be insane, given the insane scale of the previous games.
Yeah 3's fine. Still holds up. Ascension could use one, That game made some dumb decisions. The rage meter was indeed dumb, but another thing I hate, is that there were no no weapons and Kratos basically just did the same things from previous games.

The multiplayer was fun, tho

Exactly. A good way to introduce new fans who've only played the new games as well.

And imagine the bosses with Ragnarok's graphics. Ares, the sisters of Fate, and Zeus would be insane, given the insane scale of the previous games.
Sisters of Fate would be ascended in sheer epicness. As would Ares.

Thinking of playing II with the graphics of Ragnarok and improvement in combat to match the capabilities of a PS4/5 brings me to Valhalla.
They'd still need to preserve all the previous gameplay and controls of the Greek era tho, and keep the voices the exact same.

I feel like this is something they should do for the 20th anniversary of the series that's in I think 2 years
They'd still need to preserve all the previous gameplay and controls of the Greek era tho, and keep the voices the exact same.
Exactly. No RPG bullshit, especially. The performances could probably be redone, but with the old actors, ofc. Although I wouldn't mind Christopher Judge doing Kratos this time around

personally i am not a fan with remaster/remake thing. I actually want kratos go back to greece after this

What is even in greece anymore that would make it worth him going back to? He's gonna hop back home so he can...

Stand there looking at the lifeless flooded hellscape he created?
Humanity did regain the Power of Hope when he stabbed himself after destroying Olympus, so there might be a good chance that they're rebuilding without deities in the mix.

That said, there's little to no reason for him to return to Greece.

I think they should do Norse spin offs or DLC to give themselves time to fill in until the next game. The Norse pantheon having only 2 games is rather dry compared to the 7 greek games.

He could return to Greece out of curiosity? There's still plenty of Gods we never got to see, maybe to retrieve and repair his old equipment? The blade of Olympus?

Humanity did regain the Power of Hope when he stabbed himself after destroying Olympus, so there might be a good chance that they're rebuilding without deities in the mix.

That said, there's little to no reason for him to return to Greece.
SMS can go very very creative from here.

Kratos goes to greece and meet philosopher plato and talk about "theory of forms" and perhaps it can be connected to higher existence and stuff

Last edited:
I imagine people might be immortal in Greece.
Kratos became death itself after defeating Thanatos, and then he lost his Godhood in GOW II, and then he killed Hades and released the souls of the underworld.

So The concept of death no longer exists, along with Fear.

Fax. Just Graphics on par with, or even better than Ragnarok.

A few new gameplay tweaks as well.

I personally prefer the combat of 3 to the new games anyway

I can already see it. Seth is going to be the main villain of the Egyptian saga. That whole story can make for some really great storytelling

well yes, but i'm concern with specific lore that will get retcon in remake which affect scaling and such.
That's kind of a non-concern TBF. The idea is to keep everything one-to-one without deviating from the story. And GOW1 and 2 really don't leave much for stuff to be retconned anyway.

Plus, if you do a one-to-one remake with all the voice acting and levels intact, then there's no room for retcons to happen, plus, Bruno Velazquez himself stated that retcons are a lazy way out.

It's really Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, GOW3 and Ascension that hold majority of the scaling.

Back