• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Are we gonna have 2-A norse god like thor and jormundgar for shaking yggdrasil and make it time error?
Depends on whether Ultima's downgrade CRT on Yggdrasil can go anywhere with the release of Ragnarok.

The Greek Gods would still upscale solely because of this still being a depowered version of Kratos compared to his Greek self, with the weakened Kratos dealing with Thor and Odin's shenanigans.

Even without this, doesn't also greek fits for 2-B likely 2-A?

I remember the woven destiny of the sister of fate that governs all forms of past and future events. Then Kratos is brought to his past which has been confirmed above that each past is a different timeline. It means that every event in Kratos manifests as another timeline. Gaia confirmed that the thread controlled the destiny of every mortal even the immortal gods and titans. Because gods and titans are immortal, the events in them are also unlimited, because their lives are forever. Also iirc I've seen someone bring out a scan of a novel that says there are countless fates timelines, but Bruno in Twitter confirms an infinite number of it.

As atlas who sustains all creation and kratos who destroy the entire mythology doesn't get this rating?

I remember the woven destiny of the sister of fate that governs all forms of past and future events. Then Kratos is brought to his past which has been confirmed above that each past is a different timeline. It means that every event in Kratos manifests as another timeline. Gaia confirmed that the thread controlled the destiny of every mortal even the immortal gods and titans. Because gods and titans are immortal, the events in them are also unlimited, because their lives are forever. Also iirc I've seen someone bring out a scan of a novel that says there are countless fates timelines, but Bruno in Twitter confirms an infinite number of it.

As atlas who sustains all creation and kratos who destroy the entire mythology doesn't get this rating?
it;s more like thread rather than timelines, so imo it's kinda vague.

AFAIK that scan involving infinite timelines comes from the GOW2018 card game, Bruno only confirms the existence of alternate timeframes in Greek Pantheon (Via that failed QTE where Ares kills Kratos after the Blade of the Gods is shattered), not that Greece also has an infinite number of alternate timelines.

Thing is tho, we don't know how many copies exist in the Greek Pantheon, and those number of threads plus their explicit control over all forms of geography might prolly be simply limited to manipulating the life and death and the fates of these unfortunate beings and objects. It doesn't refer to literal timelines in a sense. It is a multi-tasking and speed feat tho as the Sisters in unison consistently measure and cut the threads accordingly and they have to move from thread to thread rapidly.

Atlas literally holds up the Greek Pantheon, physically speaking. This isn't a sustenance feat, but a blatant AP, Lifting Strength and Durability feat.

He's definitely stronger than Ares, and is probably on par with Hades and Poseidon.
Kratos with a sliver of Hope was unable to defeat Ares without the Blade of the Gods, whereas depowered top-tier Demigod Norse Kratos was folding Baldur every step of the way when he finally shook off his rust, really regeneration was Baldur's only saving grace, otherwise he was having intense trouble regaining balance every time Kratos landed a serious blow into him.

He was kicking Ares' ass, Ares had to steal Kratos' powers for him to have an edge and Kratos killed him with some random bridge shaped like a sword. But yeah true dat on Baldur. Even if he is stronger, Ares could just BFR him to make him fight clones of himself, and since he stole Kratos' powers he could probably just Petrify him.

He has such a shitty arsenal lol.

Poseidon atomizes him, Hades rips out his soul, and Zeus could probably do both of those, on top of just turning him into a human

DON'T REPLY TO ME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED. JUST READ THE WARNING.

BE AWARE MAJOR IMAGE LEAKS BEING POSTED AROUND. DON'T CLICK ON SPOILER TAGS ON THE REDDIT. BETTER YET STAY OFF OF REDDIT. I THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS POSTING NEW NON-SPOILER IMAGES AND GOT BAITED.

ATREUS IS INDEED PLAYABLE AND KRATO AND ATREUS BOTH ARE SEPERATED AT TIMES DURING THE GAME

Last edited:
He was kicking Ares' ass, Ares had to steal Kratos' powers for him to have an edge and Kratos killed him with some random bridge shaped like a sword.
Without that bridge sword, Kratos would be dead.

But yeah true dat on Baldur. Even if he is stronger, Ares could just BFR him to make him fight clones of himself, and since he stole Kratos' powers he could probably just Petrify him.
On top of this Ares has his broken Accelerated Development that stems from Kratos himself.

He has such a shitty arsenal lol.
I mean, Ascension kinda remedies that a bit so...

Poseidon atomizes him, Hades rips out his soul, and Zeus could probably do both of those, on top of just turning him into a human
Pretty much.

Without that bridge sword, Kratos would be dead.
U can kinda say the same for Ares if he didn't Juug Kratos' powers.
On top of this Ares has his broken Accelerated Development that stems from Kratos himself.
Yeah, so eventually he'll probably catch up to Baldur
I mean, Ascension kinda remedies that a bit so...
I honestly think Chains of Olympus Kratos could clap Baldur. Don't @ me

U can kinda say the same for Ares if he didn't Juug Kratos' powers.
Ares is more so pissed that a Mortal is getting to him in the first leg of the fight even with the power of Pandora's Box.

Yeah, so eventually he'll probably catch up to Baldur
Baldur wouldn't even get that chance, he'd get Power Null'd by Ares hard before anything significant happens.

I honestly think Chains of Olympus Kratos could clap Baldur. Don't @ me
We don't speak of Furies > Olympians shenanigans here buddy

We still got to see what Thor can do.

Speaking of Thor, I was checking out that spite ten tails thread with him earlier lol.

He'd breathe and solo Naruto, but I think Baldur is the one Character that'll get haxxed in Naruto. Kamui from Kakashi and Obito can get him. As well as probably infinite Tsukuyomi

We don't speak of Furies > Olympians shenanigans here buddy
I remember thinking this when I saw the cutscene opening for God of War Ascension. It took me a while to realize that it wouldn't make much sense that they'd need to develop such an elaborate plan with Ares if they were already superior to Zeus and the others.

I remember thinking this when I saw the cutscene opening for God of War Ascension. It took me a while to realize that it wouldn't make much sense that they'd need to develop such an elaborate plan with Ares if they were already superior to Zeus and the others.
I mean, then again, Athena herself states that Zeus will not fall as easily as Ares, not sure if that's because of Fear infecting Zeus, so uh...

Otherwise the novel implies that with just a few more rampages Ares would become too powerful for even Poseidon and Artemis combined to handle.

Zeus should really have quit while he was ahead with one war god. Every one he popped out betrayed him, schemed against him or killed him.

Eh, it's not losing much not having that. I'd rather the series have moderately powerful and versatile hax that are interesting than becoming a high graphics Light Novel of poor writing coughhalf the LNs herecough.
Thank you. GoW is still around because it isn't battleboarder centric. There are verses out there that us only known about because of battleboarding

God of War: Ragnarök spoilers are beginning to leak, and it's some major spoilers, so if you're on social media trend carefully out there.

Hopefully we see more hax in Ragnarok. The Olympians seem to be doing all the legwork in that department.
The issue with the Norse Gods is that they don't..... feel like Gods. They feel like extremely powerful superhumans, and they look as such. Compare the gods from the norse pantheon to the ones of the greek one, and just by looking at them you'll see a massive difference in trend. Norse Gods just look like humans through and through, Greek Gods looked far more mythical and magical.

Back