• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Article the Reddit post is referencing: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/god-of-war-ragnarok-2/

Seen this post and thought it was interesting. At the beginning of the game, I guess it's revealed that Atreus has been going on his own to visit all the Jotnar shrines because he finds out he has the ability to "walk" through them to a place that is described by VGC as a world between worlds. There is a screenshot of Atreus touching the skoll and hati shrine posted by VGC and where he is touching it kinda glows and looks like it's opening up for him so I would assume that screenshot is showing Atreus entering a shrine.

Yes, as far as I'm aware.
I thought he just had the title, and then he gets all the powers at the end from Athena, which is why she says he is ready to be a God, it explains why he doesn't use any of his God powers throughout the game, and why Deimos could hurt him at all.

I thought he just had the title, and then he gets all the powers at the end from Athena, which is why she says he is ready to be a God, it explains why he doesn't use any of his God powers throughout the game, and why Deimos could hurt him at all.
He has the strength and title of a God, but hasn't undergone the transformation fully because of his mortal attachments.

Article the Reddit post is referencing: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/god-of-war-ragnarok-2/

Seen this post and thought it was interesting. At the beginning of the game, I guess it's revealed that Atreus has been going on his own to visit all the Jotnar shrines because he finds out he has the ability to "walk" through them to a place that is described by VGC as a world between worlds. There is a screenshot of Atreus touching the skoll and hati shrine posted by VGC and where he is touching it kinda glows and looks like it's opening up for him so I would assume that screenshot is showing Atreus entering a shrine.

this is huge info. Wonder why reddit folks did not even know/little care about this stuff

Ikr. It reveals way more than any of the leaks, well, almost.

But honestly, at the time of this comment, there haven't been any major leaks that are spoilery. The Thor clip just confirmed what they already said in the preview that he talks shit to Kratos during their fight, I feel people are overreacting. Although the game comes out in a few days, so you definitely should try to avoid leaks containing spoilers, as is typical with big games releasing soon

Holy.. the post got removed on reddit,.... Yeah be careful this info is super huge spoilers, you can even create multiple theories with it and rethink GoW Norse Cosmology

• God of War Ragnarok Art Books
  • God of War Ragnarok Novel
  • God of War Ragnarok Lore and Legends
  • God of War Ragnarok strategy Guide
  • God of War Ragnarok Card games (?)
  • God of War Ragnarok Comics (?)
  • God of War Ragnarok dev interviews on youtube and website
  • God of War Ragnarok Dev Podcast
  • God of War Ragnarok other lore on official website
  • God of War Ragnarok Dev commentary.
bump

collage-maker-24-jul-2022-10-33-pm-1658716739975.jpg

oh yeah it's happening guys, happy hunting secondary canon.
bump

He is omnipresent throughout his realm when he bfrs Kratos. So it belongs to him, you could even make arguement it's inside him. Since he pulls Kratos into himself with vortex and then disappears himself in flash of light.
Its honestly speaking his creation, but wiki won't accept without direct statement.
I mean why would a random realm exist which belongs to Ares.....unless he created it himself.
I mean, whether he created it or not really isn't important in the long run, but he most certainly seems to be able to manipulate its aspects. And the dimension is very much real, it's not illusory in any manner whatsoever as confirmed by both GOW2 and its novel.

The point is, for Ares to even be able to BFR Kratos to such a dimension even if it is not his creation, Ares would still need to have a basic idea of what a galaxy is and what it looks like.

Spartan's rage doesn't have a part in the shield skill tree anymore. It's in gear and can be upgraded but all the moves for it from 2018 are unlocked at the start of the game/when you unlock the ability to use it.

Spartan's rage doesn't have a part in the shield skill tree anymore. It's in gear and can be upgraded but all the moves from 2018 are unlocked at the start of the game/when you unlock the ability to use it.
any info regarding talisman and enhancements ? additional slots would be awesome

any info regarding talisman and enhancements ? additional slots would be awesome
I'm not sure. I'm getting this from a video that sorta goes into some gameplay changes after 6 hours of playing. I know he mentions something about weapon skills leveling up after being used a certain amount of times on enemies and at max rank you can put mods into that weapon skill.

He also mentions a lot of weapon skills from the previous games are automatically part of the weapons base moveset in this game.

He also mentions a lot of weapon skills from the previous games are automatically part of the weapons base moveset in this game.
Does that also mean that all the previous Runic Attacks are now just normal combo moves? That would be very based.

Somehow that doesn't really surprise me.
I feel like I kinda explained it poorly lmao. By all pieces, I mean every single piece of gear from the start of the game to the end can reach the max level 9 rank unlike in 2018 where lower-level gear's upgrades were capped at a certain level.

I feel like I kinda explained it poorly lmao. By all pieces, I mean every single piece of gear from the start of the game to the end can reach the max level 9 rank unlike in 2018 where lower-level gear's upgrades were capped at a certain level.
Yeah, thought as much. That is honestly the best kind of upgrade system anyone could ever ask for.

Who is the most powerful character in the Norse realms? Including those who are already dead.
Probably Starkad. Thor feared him and Odin had to resort to making him look like a monster so Vanir, Aesir, and Midgard forces could team up on him in order to defeat him, and even then he only died from bleeding out thanks to Thor taking advantage of him choosing to surrender.

Back