• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

HEAR HEAR

The act of restricting certain combo moves to Runic Attacks is also dumb as ****. Just make the combos interruptible and given them less damage overall to make things interesting. Separating the Skill List from requiring upgrades to happen should also be a good thing as it gives more breathing room overall to approach the enemy better.

The only attacks that make sense as Runic Attacks, would be the Ascension-based stuff and that Cronos Rage/Zeus Minefield thing. The game shouldn't be solely a walking simulator, it should put gameplay above everything else.

They need to add far more moves for each weapon imho. Iirc most of the upgrades in the weapon trees were just upgrade/longer attacks. It would help if weapons attacks were back to using buttons instead of triggers. I hate having the jump/climb/interact button not do anything during combat besides pick up healing stones/items. I think that was addressed in Ragnarok iirc but they should just have it do something cool in combat. I also really hate having to turn the camera to attack the opponent or see what I need to dodge or block. That arrow indicator did nothing to let me know what is about to kill me that I can't see because my screen isn't facing them.

Honestly, it's even more unfortunate considering that the Leviathan Axe is an actually fun weapon with an enjoyable move-set. Having some runic attacks be regular combo moves would probably make combat a whole lot more enjoyable and engaging. I actually enjoy the current gameplay well enough but I feel it could be significantly better.

They need to add far more moves for each weapon imho. Iirc most of the upgrades in the weapon trees were just upgrade/longer attacks. It would help if weapons attacks were back to using buttons instead of triggers. I hate having the jump/climb/interact button not do anything during combat besides pick up healing stones/items. I think that was addressed in Ragnarok iirc but they should just have it do something cool in combat. I also really hate having to turn the camera to attack the opponent or see what I need to dodge or block. That arrow indicator did nothing to let me know what is about to kill me that I can't see because my screen isn't facing them.
Honestly, they should pull the camera back a bit. Something closer to like Elden Ring for analogy. Being able to at least see something behind me would make a world of difference.

Honestly, they should pull the camera back a bit. Something closer to like Elden Ring for analogy. Being able to at least see something behind me would make a world of difference.
I wonder what metrics or consultant SMS came across that made them believe that pulling the camera back even just a bit would ruin the personal and grounded feel of the game.

Honestly, it's even more unfortunate considering that the Leviathan Axe is an actually fun weapon with an enjoyable move-set. Having some runic attacks be regular combo moves would probably make combat a whole lot more enjoyable and engaging. I actually enjoy the current gameplay well enough but I feel it could be significantly better.
Some of the Runic Attacks seem to be transitioned to normal combos in Ragnarok now, like that ice enhance thing, which is good.

I have faith Eric Williams will be able to handle most of the issues that bug 2018 given his excellent set of skills portrayed in GOW2.

Yeah, the camera should be pulled back quite a bit or they should offer FOV adjustments for the inevitable PC ports. They already added majority of said accessibility options from the PC to begin with. Imagine how that number could quadruple on the PC port.

FOV "mod" for GOW 208

This shows pulling the camera back a little bit solves one of the issues I had with playing on GMGOW, NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE OR REACT TO WHATEVER RANGE ATTACK OR AOE BLAST THAT HIT ME FROM BEHIND.

GOW on PS4 is roughly 45 GB, but the PC version is roughly 62 GB (Including all audio files). That's roughly a 1.38x increase

Bifröst damage – Near the very end of the preview session, a new bloodthirsty enemy type emerges to protect something deep in a dwarven mine. The pale, tattooed Einherjar unleash fierce attacks that deal Bifröst damage to Kratos – represented by a purple section of the HP bar. Bifröst damage is harmless at first but when these foes hit a second time it detonates the affliction and slices a significant chunk off your HP. Watch your back, dodge readily, and be ready to parry to survive weaponized Bifröst.

ohhh wow weaponized bifrost. Another example of UES ???

Realm lockdown – Odin has the realms cut off at the beginning of God of War Ragnarök, so Kratos is unable to use the Bifröst to travel. Thankfully, Brok and Sindri have reconfigured the mystic gateways as an alternate means of travel.
hmmm bifrost negation for odin

Did we ever find out if that Facebook response from that Developer was fake or not, I assume it is, but I'm not sure if we confirmed it.

despair_hollow.png

The closer we get to release the more to expect. But there's nothing spoilery in that clip of anyone is curious. Just confirming stuff they already told us like Thor insults us during the fight.

Norse wank: HURR DURR 2018 NOVEL STATES THAT BALDUR IS THE STRONGEST FOE KRATOS HAS EVER FACED, IT SAYS HIS STRENGTH ALONE ISN'T ENOUGH TO STOP BALDUR

Eric Williams: NO, He was very rusty

Huh. Well there goes anything about him being as strong or stronger than his Greek self back when 2018 happened. Also hyped to see him getting back into the groove of things.

Huh. Well there goes anything about him being as strong or stronger than his Greek self back when 2018 happened. Also hyped to see him getting back into the groove of things.
I mean, this isn't the first time we've been told Kratos was rusty in his fight with Baldur.

I can also smell the salt from the Norse peeps who are fuming, seething and malding knowing that their Draugr > Zeus fantasy has been shattered into a million pieces

Back