• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

He had the Nemean Cestus in All Stars IIRC so it's placement is a bit of a mess.

2010 comics were before II but after I AFAIK.
Aight thanks

God of War Ascension -> God of WR Chains of Olympus -> God of War 1 -> 2010 Comics -> God of War Ghost of sparta -> prolly God of War Betrayal -> God of War 2 -> God of War 3 -> God of War Fallen God -> The Lost Pages of Norse Myth first Lost Page: A Saga Borne of Ash -> God of War 2018 comics/Sixth Lost Page: Like Father, Like Son (idk which comes first between these 2) -> God of War 2018 games -> God of War: Lore and Legends (id a journey wrote by Atreus, it presents information from Both before GOW 2018 and GOW 2018 itself but before Ragnarok) -> God of War Ragnarok

If we consider All stars canon (didn't played the game so unsure how legit) seems to be around gow 2 and 3

The other Sixth Lost Pages of God of War The Lost Pages of Norse Myth happen way before 2018
here a update then

God of War Ascension -> God of WR Chains of Olympus -> God of War 1 -> God of War Ghost of sparta -> prolly God of War Betrayal -> God of War 2 -> God of War 3 -> God of War Fallen God -> God of War 2018 comics -> God of War 2018 games -> God of War Ragnarok
For a second I thought you were ranking the games and got real confused why ascension was that high and how betrayal was ranked above GOW 2, 3 and the norse games.

Took me longer than I'd like to admit before I realized you was just listing the chronology.

Been planning on replacing most of the imgur links anyway with direct uploads to the wiki save for the video links for quite sometime. I've already got a shitton of them saved on the Discord server for easy access so whatever.
Oh do You have a invite to that discord server for scans please?

waiit what why?
Not sure but you can check in here....

1. How does Gna resist the Blades of Chaos when apparently no one else in Norse Mythos (not sure about Greek Mythos) does?

2. I'm starting to think that the Kratos that punched Thor at the end of their first fight may be equal to the Kratos who fought him a 2nd time (not sure how the post-Planck current scaling puts them), since Thor in the 2nd battle doesn't say anything that implies Kratos is still holding anything back, implying that Full Power but not enraged Kratos ~= Enraged but holding back Kratos from the first Thor fight.

2.5. Speaking of the 2nd Thor fight, 2 things I noticed were how Kratos needed to use his knife (which before he'd only used in cutscenes prior) to keep Thor from getting up and was both heavily breathing and took a while to stand up after beating Thor, all of which is further support that Kratos did in fact go all-out against Thor as much as possible without losing control.

2.55. When Kratos punches Thor into the roof (right before the Mjolnir-Leviathan Axe clash), you can hear Kratos let out a battle cry in his Greek voice.

1. How does Gna resist the Blades of Chaos when apparently no one else in Norse Mythos (not sure about Greek Mythos) does?
She's just the one I bothered to add it to. It's not anything that complicated.
2. I'm starting to think that the Kratos that punched Thor at the end of their first fight may be equal to the Kratos who fought him a 2nd time (not sure how the post-Planck current scaling puts them), since Thor in the 2nd battle doesn't say anything that implies Kratos is still holding anything back, implying that Full Power but not enraged Kratos ~= Enraged but holding back Kratos from the first Thor fight.
Kinda how we have it. The main point is that Ragnarok Kratos is weaker than but comparable to his peak Greek Era self and completely equal while absolutely bloodlusted or going all out.

It's just not an insane gap anymore.
2.5. Speaking of the 2nd Thor fight, 2 things I noticed were how Kratos needed to use his knife (which before he'd only used in cutscenes prior) to keep Thor from getting up and was both heavily breathing and took a while to stand up after beating Thor, all of which is further support that Kratos did in fact go all-out against Thor as much as possible without losing control.
True.
2.55. When Kratos punches Thor into the roof (right before the Mjolnir-Leviathan Axe clash), you can hear Kratos let out a battle cry in his Greek voice.
Huh. Neat.

She's just the one I bothered to add it to. It's not anything that complicated.
Ah, I see.
Kinda how we have it. The main point is that Ragnarok Kratos is weaker than but comparable to his peak Greek Era self and completely equal while absolutely bloodlusted or going all out.

It's just not an insane gap anymore.
True, but I just wanted to note how it makes sense for a Serious but Calm Kratos to not be vastly below an Angry but Holding Back Kratos.
Huh. Neat.
Imagine if the Rage of Sparta theme played during Heimdall's death.

Or if Kratos killed Heimdall the same way he killed Helios or Poseidon...

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1053402248522248222/1098707916468535296/6PDxmtW.jpg (imgur didn't worked)

I foumd This scan but This looks very sus, anyone have any idea about it
We've agreed that it's possibly fake, though I believe that there was linkedin confirmation, unsure though.

Edit: Yeah, found it

PXorw2h.png

IDK why people are so desperate for Eric's word of mouth here, plus, only way it'd be real is if someone actually bothered to record them going to Eric's linkedin, going to the Messages section and showing that message history.

And even then that's edging at borderline harassment.

Okay so why the **** are "Kratos" and "Kratos (Norse Mythology)" two separate discussion topics? They should simply be re-merged as "Kratos". Can't believe Kratos is the only profile on the wiki who has this for a single profile.

Okay so why the **** are "Kratos" and "Kratos (Norse Mythology)" two separate discussion topics? They should simply be re-merged as "Kratos". Can't believe Kratos is the only profile on the wiki who has this for a single profile.
The latter exists cuz of when Norse kratos had a different profile i think

@KLOL506 I feel the future Ares vision should be part of the justification for Accelerated Development, considering how much stronger the Brother Kings like Poseidon were compared to him in the present.

Wonder if in Egyptian setting kratos will be stated weaker than norse version, but at the same time there will be 2-A feat for kratos in Egyptian setting which means norse kratos and greek kratos will get upscaled again. 🗿

Wonder if in Egyptian setting kratos will be stated weaker than norse version, but at the same time there will be 2-A feat for kratos in Egyptian setting which means norse kratos and greek kratos will get upscaled again. 🗿
Unless an Egypt game takes place so far in the future that Atreus' kids have kids, there's no reason for him to be weaker than he was in Ragnarok. People forget that it took decades to centuries of him having to fight no one but the occasional fodder monsters to become that rusty.

Heck, he might be stronger for all we know (he could keep training himself, develop magic innately etc). Course, realistically speaking if the next saga had a 2-A feat, everyone currently scaling to Kratos would scale unless he gets a massive amp in between. It'd probably push Athena and Power of Hope Kratos to Low 1-C lol.

Unless an Egypt game takes place so far in the future that Atreus' kids have kids, there's no reason for him to be weaker than he was in Ragnarok. People forget that it took decades to centuries of him having to fight no one but the occasional fodder monsters to become that rusty.

Heck, he might be stronger for all we know (he could keep training himself, develop magic innately etc). Course, realistically speaking if the next saga had a 2-A feat, everyone currently scaling to Kratos would scale unless he gets a massive amp in between. It'd probably push Athena and Power of Hope Kratos to Low 1-C lol.
Now imagine God of War goes to some ridiculously busted pantheon next.

Literally the only thing that keeps us from Tier 1 Athena and Tier 1 Yggdrasil is the size comparison statements.

IF ONLY ATHENA BLURTED IT OUT LOUD THAT SHE VIEWS THE GREEK PANTHEON AS A WHOLE AS INFINITESIMAL/INCONSEQUENTIAL TO HER EXISTENCE/INFINITELY SMALL COMPARED TO HER EXISTENCE, SHE'D BE LOW 1-C RN. But alas, such dreams are best left to sleep.

Last edited:
Back