• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

So uh...who is going to make a thor vs king DDD thread? I think it can happen (unless there's a revision currently going on). BTW I would have likely done this myself (the thread But IDK how to make one.. (Plus idk if it would be a stomp on King DDD's favor or thor's)

So uh...who is going to make a thor vs king DDD thread? I think it can happen (unless there's a revision currently going on). BTW I would have likely done this myself (the thread But IDK how to make one.. (Plus idk if it would be a stomp on King DDD's favor or thor's)
Thor has a terrible power-set and has little to no notable resistances to boot aside from the whole soul shenanigans BS that doesn't even match up to the LoA.

Thor has a terrible power-set and has little to no notable resistances to boot aside from the whole soul shenanigans BS that doesn't even match up to the LoA.
Eh, it's 4-D anyway so it's still a decent power set.

Why does only Gna resist the fires of the Blades of Chaos on her page, and not well, literally everyone else Kratos fights in the series.

The leviathan axe as well, in the Norse world
A little something called me being the only one who bothered to add it. That and like, it being quite minor, relatively speaking.

And it'd only apply to gods and beings on that level anyway, seeing as the novels confirm that he oneshots all fodder canonically.

Tbh unsure About gna actually having straight resistance to resistance negation due to how taking resistances seems to be based on what elemental bs the said character mains at the time (Odin usually Would get bifrost resistance but when flame/ice mode he gets flame/ice resistance stolen) and Gna doesn't even main a specific element really
Don't dissagree enough to revise tho

Tbh unsure About gna actually having straight resistance to resistance negation due to how taking resistances seems to be based on what elemental bs the said character mains at the time (Odin usually Would get bifrost resistance but when flame/ice mode he gets flame/ice resistance stolen) and Gna doesn't even main a specific element really
It's not limited to elemental shit tho. It absorbs any and all energy sources as well, Bifrost, LoA, whatever.

Gna has multiple elements to her name but her main priority element is Bifrost.

It's not limited to elemental shit tho. It absorbs any and all energy sources as well, Bifrost, LoA, whatever.

Gna has multiple elements to her name but her main priority element is Bifrost.
I was including that cuz is part of anyways
Cuz in odin case is similar, base ets bifrost resistance taken while elemental gets elemental bs taken

And How Thor without lighting around him doesn't lose anything either last i checked but might misremember

Don't dissagree enough to revise tho
It takes any element in the setting and turns it against users. It completely fails against Gna and sorta just bounces off. It's really not that complicated. Nothing to do with a specific element.

I was including that cuz is part of anyways
Cuz in odin case is similar, base ets bifrost resistance taken while elemental gets elemental bs taken

And How Thor without lighting around him doesn't lose anything either last i checked but might misremember
Thor was affected. Gna is the only character in base NG that negates it.

truHx7J.png

It's... it's beautiful..

I am talking about r1 beggining not r2,
I prolly just need to go back and replay r1 in any case
You don't have the spear in R1 in Base NG tho?

Like, NG+ has a lot more beings (usually just gods and top level monsters like Nidhogg) unaffected but that's a whole other can-of-worms.

Anyone know why Yggdrasil's age says "predates the concepts of space and time?" I thought we were in agreeance that it was just space-time.
Yeah. Yggdrasil transcends the spacetime of the Nine Realms but it's not as though it's above the setting's very concepts of space and time.

God of War Ascension -> God of WR Chains of Olympus -> God of War 1 -> God of War Ghost of sparta -> prolly God of War Betrayal -> God of War 2 -> God of War 3 -> God of War Fallen God -> God of War 2018 comics -> God of War 2018 games -> God of War Ragnarok

If we consider All stars canon (didn't played the game so unsure how legit) seems to be around gow 2 and 3

Anyways Anyone remember where the 2010 comics would be placed in ik the timeline?

He had the Nemean Cestus in All Stars IIRC so it's placement is a bit of a mess.

2010 comics were before II but after I AFAIK.

Back