• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Kratos CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially, going to keep this short.

As per this image (which comes from the Collection Brady Guide) Kratos should gain minor law manipulation, as well as limited physics manipulation, as he is able to modify the laws of physics (and potentially others, as it states that it's not an exception,) as well as make his own laws.

That's about it, essentially. This would apply to his Demi-God Key, God of War Key, and Power of Hope Key. Don't think it'd apply to Norse Kratos as he loses this ability.

Agreed: @GilverTheProtoAngelo @Georredannea15 @LuffyRuffy46307

Neutral: @Planck69 @Marvel_Champion_07 @LephyrTheRevanchist @LordGriffin1000 @ByAsura

Disagree: @Sniper670 @KLOL506 @Shmooply @KingTempest @Artorimachi_Meteoraft @Theglassman12

Edit: Changed to minor law manipulation and physics manipulation

Last edited:
You can easily tell that it isn't to be taken literally. That was used to basically say he can double jump in gameplay.

And even then he hasn't been shown that capability in cutscenes or where they matter so it's just game mechanics

Agree

I don't think game mechanics apply here. This isn't some interaction of Kratos with game world which is subject to balance. It's just his moveset. It's just another ability. I don't see how it's exclusively a game mechanic, when movesets are supposed to reflect their real capabilities. If anything gameplay nerfs the characters than actually buff them.

We can put it is as minor law manip or something. Since at best it's used for traversal and defying gravity.

We don't need corroboration from.anything else.
Also there's various ways double jump is achieved in fiction, most involve summoning platform underneath or boosting upwards with thrust or wings.
Often other times, it's completely unexplained.

Here in this case it says it uses some hax for jumping in air. It's just a means to an end. I don't see why we would need anything else with that amount of straight forwardness.

I reject the opposition.

It seems limited at best. The statement just says he doesn't care about laws and makes his own. However, specifying the laws of physics there seems to warrant some consideration. At best it would still be limited to basic disregard for the laws of physics.
Should I put you as "Agreeing for limited physics manipulation"?

It seems limited at best. The statement just says he doesn't care about laws and makes his own. However, specifying the laws of physics there seems to warrant some consideration. At best it would still be limited to basic disregard for the laws of physics.
Uhh, no?

It allows double jump. The End.

Yeah, I don't buy this being Law or Physics manipulation whatsoever. Of course the flight power-up is letting the guy defy physics and allow him to fly. Disagree.

You can easily tell that it isn't to be taken literally. That was used to basically say he can double jump in gameplay.

And even then he hasn't been shown that capability in cutscenes or where they matter so it's just game mechanics
There are also characters that can scale with in-game mechanics. This is not a valid form of defense.

Yeah, I don't buy this being Law or Physics manipulation whatsoever. Of course the flight power-up is letting the guy defy physics and allow him to fly. Disagree.
Except flying in real life isn't some defiance of laws of physics.

Birds don't defy physics, neither did Wright Brothers when they invented airplanes. It very relies on physics.

Kratos neither has propellers nor rocket thrusters.

Except flying in real life isn't some defiance of laws of physics.

Birds don't defy physics, neither did Wright Brothers when they invented airplanes. It very relies on physics.

Kratos neither has propellers nor rocket thrusters.
Okay. So it allows him to double jump.

He's getting nothing more beyond it.

Because he always talks nonsense and said to some admins by calling them "ignorant". I don't take such a person seriously. First there must be respect.
Oh that makes sense then. I never saw them do that stuff so I will not say anything though

When it comes to in-game abilities and actions, there's a very fine and blurry line between those abilities being game mechanics and being abilities. Double jumping in particular however is such a common game ability and so frequently doesn't make sense in-verse that it definitely leans more towards the gameplay mechanics side of that line.

Sniper, Georr, take a chill pill and take some off-time from the thread. You've said your piece, there's no need to contribute further and create a shitstorm.
His insults and sarcasm bothered me. Of course, the accumulation of this is also in the previous revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back