• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It's litered over entire novel 2, there's no specific instance. Kratos regularly surprised them over every event even though he ought to have been negged by their machinations of fate.
Oh then precog explanation might need some fixing, cuz instead of giving novel scans or scans at all it just links to note 7 or gow 2 game

Maybe i misremember but any god should resist little boy and shit radiation level right?
Greek Primordials, Titans and Olympians only. And so far, Heimdall, Ymir and Surtr.

Cuz iirc there is a narrative only divine shit can kill gods but i don't remember what time period gow games happen exactly
There isn't such a thing that narratively exists.

Oh then precog explanation might need some fixing, cuz instead of giving novel scans or scans at all it just links to note 7 or gow 2 game
It's a thing that happens throughout the course of the novel and game multiple times, there's no one single solid chapter or moment in the game that locks it down.

Maybe i misremember but any god should resist little boy and shit radiation level right?
Kratos viewed Hiroshima as something that couldn't harm him either. Helios? He's essentially the full power of the Sun from the core itself, just like his dad Hyperion.

Cuz iirc there is a narrative only divine shit can kill gods but i don't remember what time period gow games happen exactly
Kratos sees the entire future of warfare across space and time and after seeing Little Boy's explosion, he's surprised but the narration makes it clear that it can't harm and that "nothing can harm him", likely in the context of that sequence.

Let alone an atom bomb, it's likely that no man made weapon across the rest of eternity can harm him.

I'd want that but it's unlikely. The developers aren't battleboarders and don't care about making scaling or feats crystal clear.

So it's generally agreed that rift Odin saw into after killing Ymir that we saw in GOW Ragnarök was likely the higher dimensional plane of existence that Athena is currently residing in right?

seriously? I saw theories about this in several places

Also kinda backed up by the rift in GOW Ragnarok being green in color like Athena was after ascending
This doesn't really make sense. It's like saying since Heimdall's eyes are purple, he has some sort of connection to the Spear of Destiny.

This doesn't really make sense. It's like saying since Heimdall's eyes are purple, he has some sort of connection to the Spear of Destiny.
I mean in this case I guess it makes more sense cause Odin gives the explanation that he would finally unveil the "truth" of the universe or whatever if he could open it up and this only opened up after killing a primordial born from the void or whatever

seriously? I saw theories about this in several places

Also kinda backed up by the rift in GOW Ragnarok being green in color like Athena was after ascending
Yeah, but it's just that, theory. It might be the Higher Plane, seeing as it holds the secrets of Creation and Athena was corrupted by the knowledge and power she saw, was created from sacrifice (Ymir and Athena's deaths) and more.

But that's just fan interpretation. We really don't know what's behind the Rift.

Thoughts on possible pain resistance?
E7xzJHm.png

Back