• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Don't even get me started on the Death wank craze that the new Puss in Boots movie kicked off.
Someone tried using another Death (European Folklore) to scale the new Death as if he has the feats.

Like, dude is only above a cat, there's legit zero other feats for him that are impressive or noteworthy to be "outerversal" like these tik-tok losers think.

Btw I haven't played GOW myself

Mainly watched some of the gameplay and power scale it to an extent

Finna watch the entire playthrough of both trilogies and read the novels all sometime soon

Lemme just make sure of the chronological order of the series

1. GOW Ascension

2. GOW Chains of Olympus

3. GOW 1 Game/Novel

4. GOW: Ghost of Sparta

5. GOW 2 ( Game/Novel ) and GOW Betrayal

6. GOW 3 Game/Novel

7. GOW 4

8. GOW Ragnarok

^Is this right?

Also where do the comics fit?

Finna watch the entire playthrough of both trilogies and read the novels all sometime soon

1. GOW Ascension

2. GOW Chains of Olympus

3. GOW 1 Game/Novel

6. GOW 3 Game/Novel

7. GOW 4

8. GOW Ragnarok

^Is this right?

That is right. Betrayal takes place between Ghost of Sparta and God of War II. The comics take place before even Ascension. The Greek one specifically. The Norse comics take place between GoW III and GoW 2018.

1. GOW Ascension

2. GOW Chains of Olympus

3. GOW 1 Game/Novel

6. GOW 3 Game/Novel

7. GOW 4

8. GOW Ragnarok

^Is this right?

Betrayal takes place after Ghost of Sparta but before GOW 2.

That is right. Betrayal takes place between Ghost of Sparta and God of War II. The comics take place before even Ascension.
Thank you

So -

1. GOW Greek Comics ( So they chronologically take place before Ascension? How does Kratos star in them then? )

2. GOW Ascension

3. GOW 1 Game/Novel

4. GOW Ghost of Sparta

5. GOW Betrayal

6. GOW 2 Game/Novel

7. GOW 3 Game/Novel

8. GOW Norse Novels

9. GOW 2018

10. GOW Ragnarök

So that's the in universe timeline?

But technically not the playing order itself correct?

1. GOW Ascension

2. GOW Chains of Olympus

3. GOW 1 Game/Novel

6. GOW 3 Game/Novel

7. GOW 4

8. GOW Ragnarok

^Is this right?

2010 Comics fit before Ascension (Rise of the Warrior takes place even before that), but the parts with the BoC take place after GoW1 just before Ghost of Sparta. Betrayal takes place after Ghost of Sparta just before GoW2. The Fallen God and 2018 comics all happen after GoW3 right before GoW2018. Lore and Legends takes place one year after GoW2018.

Thank you

So -

1. GOW Greek Comics ( So they chronologically take place before Ascension? How does Kratos star in them then? )

2. GOW Ascension

3. GOW 1 Game/Novel

4. GOW Ghost of Sparta

5. GOW Betrayal

6. GOW 2 Game/Novel

7. GOW 3 Game/Novel

8. GOW Norse Novels

9. GOW 2018

10. GOW Ragnarök

So that's the in universe timeline?

But technically not the playing order itself correct?
Yeah that's the timeline (You forgot Chains of Olympus tho) and the playing order is not chronological.

Does Kratos have to be bloodlusted/redlining in order to be performing at his absolute best/strongest in combat? While somewhat calmer but still not holding back at all would he still be able to be as powerful as he is when losing control of his rage?

Btw, when Kratos lost his powers in GOW2 (like when he downscaled from Atlas due to pushing back the latter's fingers), wasn't he technically a demigod due to having no Godly powers until he got the Blade back?

8QEmPGG.png

He's just coping now. Bro just said that "it's not credible." Yet cannot provide an actual debunk. KLOL didn't even say anything about the GOW 1 novel. But a good 30 of these come from GOW2, which is where he's depowered. Another 50 are just drama, and another 40 is just out of context.

Wait I just realized

How does GOW Ascension take place before Chains of Olympus if Ascension was on Kratos journey to take down Ares while Chains of Olympus is a prequel when Kratos was still doing the god's bidding?

I'm so heartbroken, but I'm sure I'll get over this...

Oh wait, I already did.

Boy, he is a ******* twat.
He used to be a CV debater. Again, he left after everyone shat on him. Even notable CV downplayers of Kratos thought he was stupid as shit, because his points made no sense. He knows he can't win KLOL nor debunk it, so he tries to block anyone who brings it up.

How does GOW Ascension take place before Chains of Olympus if Ascension was on Kratos journey to take down Ares while Chains of Olympus is a prequel when Kratos was still doing the god's bidding?
Ascension is before Kratos starts doing the bidding of the other gods, in Ascension he's trying to break free of his oath to Ares and once he is free he starts serving the other gods who hadn't horrifically screwed him over (yet) in the hopes they'd remove his nightmares.

Back