• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

DMC and Bayonetta all suffered the downplay hammer years ago before being upgraded to what they are now, escaping their Tier 7/6/4 ruts and getting to Tier 2, but it took blood, sweat and tears to pull off.
How was it even possible for Bayonetta to be in Tier 7 or 6. Even if we look at the first game only, there are a lot of bigger feats.

How was it even possible for Bayonetta to be in Tier 7 or 6. Even if we look at the first game only, there are a lot of bigger feats.
it took a series of slow burns and upgrade CRTs to get it to Tier 4 first, then to Tier 3, then Tier 2 and finally, Tier 1.

Ah so basically I should just imagine Shovel Knight Kratos with his Norse design basically?
Nah, I'd say it's a short while after GoW Fallen God ended maybe, but Kratos is shriveled and bearded by the end of the comic. Nothing like his Norse self, not shorter yet, but you know.

Nah, I'd say it's a short while after GoW Fallen God ended maybe, but Kratos is shriveled and bearded by the end of the comic. Nothing like his Norse self, not shorter yet, but you know.
So

- GOW 3

- GOW: Fallen God

- GOW Shovel Knight

- GOW All Stars

- GOW Lost Pages of Norse Myth

- GOW Dark Horse Comics

- GOW 4

- GOW Lore and Legends

- GOW Ragnarök

That order?

So

- GOW 3

- GOW: Fallen God

- GOW Shovel Knight

- GOW All Stars

- GOW Lost Pages of Norse Myth

- GOW Dark Horse Comics

- GOW 4

- GOW Lore and Legends

- GOW Ragnarök

That order?
All Stars is kinda ambiguous with where it's placed but it takes place when Zeus is alive, but with his GoW3 gear on. So maybe sometime during the events of GoW3 I think.

"Hyperion's spear can bear the weight of the Cosmos"​
Not only is the tensile strength/durability of a weapon irrelevant to the user, but the spear was forged in the sun's core, meaning the sun was able to mold and affect the spear which further shows how small the GoW "cosmos" is.​
Does this guy realise what the sun is supposed to be in the GoW universe? Because it's not actually a 1.4 million km wide ball of flaming gasses.

Anyway, I do think this person has at least some correct points (like Jormie/Ragnarok vs Thor), but they're also sticking on the GoW Earth being infinite, which is a claim nobody here ever made—we claim the GoW cosmos is infinite. And I'd also like to thank them for finally proving the point that Chronos used a weapon (not that it's a valid point, since the Primordials are equal anyway and even a mid-tier like Helios that fought Perses can repel them).

Last edited:
Anyway, I do think this person has at least some correct points (like Jormie/Ragnarok vs Thor),
Nah, I literally proved it wrong with the clip I found where Thor is just about cleaning up with Jormie and Ragnarok in the final battle.

but they're also sticking on the GoW Earth being infinite, which is a claim nobody here ever made—we claim the GoW cosmos is infinite.
They consider it the same thing so no point in trying to tell them otherwise.

And I'd also like to thank them for finally proving the point that Chronos used a weapon (not that it's a valid point, since the Primordials are equal anyway).
Of course it wouldn't be, the scythe's only notable use is to chop off Uranus's balls, that was the only thing it was made to do, everything else was a match of melee and magic as per what Bruno stated about how the Battle happened to be of cosmic scale and similarly violent as the Primordial War before it. That and the scythe is never used again after this.

I know about those scenes, what I'm referring to is that you never actually see Thor get hit or get a hit on Ragnarok.

I know about those scenes, what I'm referring to is that you never actually see Thor get hit or get a hit on Ragnarok.
Thor is just about done cleaning up with them, that's why, but the reddit post claimed that Ragnarok was never seen anywhere near Thor in the first place, that's what I wanted to prove wrong.

Absolutely not, there are over 130 showings to the contrary on top of the small handful of feats some use to present Kratos at that level all having context that renders them null.

This is so ******* hilarious when you apply literally any context to any of these so-called 'anti-feats'. Like almost all of the objects being enchanted, Gods falling faster than mortals, the 'falling boulders' being tossed at him by Perses, Kratos holding back throughout the first half of GoW 2018 and Atreus getting utterly surprised when he stops, etc, not to mention the sheer amount of feats of Kratos breaking rock and metal.

What an absolute hypocrite.
Thor is just about done cleaning up with them, that's why, but the reddit post claimed that Ragnarok was never seen anywhere near Thor in the first place, that's what I wanted to prove wrong.
Ok, then.

Absolutely not, there are over 130 showings to the contrary on top of the small handful of feats some use to present Kratos at that level all having context that renders them null.

This is so ******* hilarious when you apply literally any context to any of these so-called 'anti-feats'. Like almost all of the objects being enchanted, Gods falling faster than mortals, the 'falling boulders' being tossed at him by Perses, Kratos holding back throughout the first half of GoW 2018 and Atreus getting utterly surprised when he stops, etc, not to mention the sheer amount of feats of Kratos breaking rock and metal.

What an absolute hypocrite.
Nah you're just a wanker

Cope that Kratos scales below guys who can barely bust stone pillars

I've seen people who argue that the chest stuff is valid, then they get sent Cory Barlog explicitly saying it's game mechanics, and they say that WoG is bullshit before unironically sending some WoG statements as proof of their argument.

I've seen people who argue that the chest stuff is valid, then they get sent Cory Barlog explicitly saying it's game mechanics, and they say that WoG is bullshit before unironically sending some WoG statements as proof of their argument.
Disingenuous hypocrisy at its finest. It's only valid when it supports their argumentation and not when it supports the game's intents itself.

Guys, is there actual evidence that Kratos adapted to Heimdall's precog during the fight? I keep saying "He was literally able to use weapons in the second half" but he's just saying "gameplay mechanics!"

pOXFo1o.png

Who the **** is Meph? That imgur page leads to "thenamelessone" who's from CV. I'm not "thenamelessone," though. I'm the guy with the Ellis profile picture.
LMFAOOOOOOO HE FRAMED YOU AS SOMEONE ELSE

Guys, is there actual evidence that Kratos adapted to Heimdall's precog during the fight? I keep saying "He was literally able to use weapons in the second half" but he's just saying "gameplay mechanics!"
He can yell gameplay mechanics for all he cares, but the part where Kratos's mind becomes impenetrable to Heimdall when he loses an arm should tell you a thing or two about Kratos's insane mental and precognitive resistance.

Hell, let's just talk about the fact that Heimdall was never able to anticipate what Kratos would do with those spears, ever, despite reading all of his moves, intentions and literally seeing his future, something he doesn't even need to maintain eye contact for.

Back