• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

More essentially, it's actually a "greater universe" like Cory has stated prior. One that has yet to be fully explored.

latest
Cory also directly compared it to that telescope image and directly said each geographical region contains entire universes multiple times.

I've got a question. Did Odin know Kratos was the Ghost of Sparta all along? Did he know about Kratos before he sent Baldur to go after Faye? Did he piece together the information after he'd fought Baldur and just sent Baldur after Kratos to test them, or did he figure it out after Baldur was killed? What do you guys think?

I've got a question. Did Odin know Kratos was the Ghost of Sparta all along? Did he know about Kratos before he sent Baldur to go after Faye? Did he piece together the information after he'd fought Baldur and just sent Baldur after Kratos to test them, or did he figure it out after Baldur was killed? What do you guys think?
He most prolly figured it out with Groa's prophecy and the mini-Fimbulwinter that Kratos caused upon his arrival to the Norse Pantheon.

I was just thinking, and IMO Baldur shouldn't be too far behind Thor in AP, considering that he easily knocked out Jormungandur, who tanked a lot of Thor's hits.

This would make the 2018 Kratos not that much weaker (but still way less skilled and with way less hax) then the somewhat-serious Ragnarok Kratos who fought Thor.

Still gets wiped by 100% enraged Ragnarok Kratos.

Edit: Also, I think it would be worth noting on Atreus's profile that his bear form seemed to be a threat to Freya considering how Kratos stopped him from attacking and hurting her.

I heard from the developers that If kratos used his full strength against buldur, it would took him a few days to come back or something

basically when kratos was fighting him the first time, he was actually holding back a lot

but at the same time

And then there's a dozen more people cannibalizing his tweets with this

Not only does this tweet miss the point completely, the original tweet wasn't even about Zeus affecting timelines. IT EXPLICITLY STATED THAT ZEUS KILLED THE SPARTAN ARMY IN EVERY POSSIBLE TIMELINE, not that Zeus affected them all by killing the Spartans. It's almost as if they can't ******* read, and that makes me sad.

NGL I really am seeing the appeal of getting rid of WoG for GOW for menial stuff like this that already exists in the main games and only keeping it if any new stuff is added to the game to solve mysteries but even those are dwindling down real ******* quick.

Planck really was right. We've come to a point where we wouldn't be any worse off with most WoG gotten rid of and only keeping the essentials and the main interviews and secondary canon and primary canon stuff.

NGL I really am seeing the appeal of getting rid of WoG for GOW for menial stuff like this that already exists in the main games and only keeping it if any new stuff is added to the game to solve mysteries but even those are dwindling down real ******* quick.

Planck really was right. We've come to a point where we wouldn't be any worse off with most WoG gotten rid of and only keeping the essentials and the main interviews and secondary canon and primary canon stuff.
imagine entire GoW power scaling become messed up due to single tweet 💀💀💀💀💀

Would Thor scaling to the Hippocampi be kept?

I mean, I don't think we'd need it since Kratos's statement scales him AP-wise to Poseidon/Hades/Ares, but it's still useful.

I mean , its only logical for WoG to be used on the basis of the credebility of the source and as much as I respect Bruno for his commitment towards the series , him saying Thanatos isn't a primordeal makes his WoG a bit....eh

tbh , in my opinion WoG should only be appliciable when confirming things already in the source material

I mean , its only logical for WoG to be used on the basis of the credebility of the source and as much as I respect Bruno for his commitment towards the series , him saying Thanatos isn't a primordeal makes his WoG a bit....eh

tbh , in my opinion WoG should only be appliciable when confirming things already in the source material
He did say "I think" for Thanatos and stuff, so the only time I'd take him at face value is if his answers are concrete and accurately lines up with source material, like in the case of Primordials creating the Greek World and Atlas lifting it up which he concretely stated was true.

After all, our WoG rules only allow statements that don't contradict the source material but rather clarify on it and further elaborate on it.

That is already the rule and status quo, WoG is explicitly applicable only when it doesn't contradict the source material, as a result it falls under tertiary canon here, not including official interviews and actual bonus videos within the game.

I don't remember WoG saying this but the novel definitely confirms this to be true, moment the curse wore off Kratos threatened to smash Baldur's bones to splinters.
Well it was this I said previously to you but never got a response

“I heard from WOG that if kratos had used his full strength on baldur it would take him days to get back.”

That is already the rule and status quo, WoG is explicitly applicable only when it doesn't contradict the source material, as a result it falls under tertiary canon here, not including official interviews and actual bonus videos within the game.
what I was suggesting was us turning that "it must not contradict the source material" rule into a "it must only be in support of something present in source material".

Now make a CRT about it, it would be epic.

what I was suggesting was us turning that "it must not contradict the source material" rule into a "it must only be in support of something present in source material".
I mean, that's there too in the editing rules:

"Author statements will only be accepted when they clarify what has been shown or implied in the series itself, and will be rejected when they contradict what has been shown to the audience. Statements that technically do not contradict anything shown in the series will still be rejected if there is no evidence that they are accurate."

He did say "I think" for Thanatos and stuff, so the only time I'd take him at face value is if his answers are concrete and accurately lines up with source material, like in the case of Primordials creating the Greek World and Atlas lifting it up which he concretely stated was true.

After all, our WoG rules only allow statements that don't contradict the source material but rather clarify on it and further elaborate on it.
Reasonable , WoG should only ever be used to support what is in the source material already but never to make baseless assertions and/or contradiction the source material.

Honestly tho, don't see the need at this point. Was just sharing my gripes about extreme ends of the spectrums of wank and downplay.
Sorry, but what do you think about these thoughts of mine:

I was just thinking, and IMO Baldur shouldn't be too far behind Thor in AP, considering that he easily knocked out Jormungandur, who tanked a lot of Thor's hits.

This would make the 2018 Kratos not that much weaker (but still way less skilled and with way less hax) then the somewhat-serious Ragnarok Kratos who fought Thor.

Still gets wiped by 100% enraged Ragnarok Kratos.

Edit: Also, I think it would be worth noting on Atreus's profile that his bear form seemed to be a threat to Freya considering how Kratos stopped him from attacking and hurting her.

Sorry, but what do you think about these thoughts of mine:

Baldur took pot shots at Jormie, so he'd downscale massively. Because Jormie came back swinging after hearing Atreus speak a few words.

Eh, nah, Eric confirms that 2018 Kratos is super-rusty Kratos, Ragnarok Kratos is not.

I still haven't figured out how to word that one, I'll add it in when I find the appropriate words.

Baldur took pot shots at Jormie, so he'd downscale massively. Because Jormie came back swinging after hearing Atreus speak a few words.
True, but Jormie (I am not gonna keep writing that long-ass name of his) still ate a ****-ton of Thor hits without being knocked out.
Eh, nah, Eric confirms that 2018 Kratos is super-rusty Kratos, Ragnarok Kratos is not.
True, but that also could apply to his skills in combat.
I still haven't figured out how to word that one, I'll add it in when I find the appropriate words.
How about "Kratos was afraid that he would kill an enraged Freya and struggled to restrain him"

Back