• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

That take doesn't make a lick of sense. First fight had enough context in itself to make it unusable when judging how their full power selves would compare with one another. Second fight has Kratos matching/beating Thor. How does he NOT scale to Thor? Horrendous take.
Fam. Please. No more. He's already dead. We already discussed that shit to hell and back. It's concluded. No point in beating a dead horse.

1064e0cc-8b79-4a29-94db-490ba7a4bf09

Tougher, stronger, will read Baldur like a book and can incapacitate him in more ways than one using Bifrost, Realm Shift and some other hax, since killing is out of the books.
Tougher and stronger? Didn't Kratos split Heimdall's cheek with his first blow on him? Also what makes him stronger? I can see Heimdall being more formidable given his position in the Aesir hierarchy but in terms of their showings against Kratos I find it hard to fathom that Heimdall would be so unquestionably superior to Baldur.

Damn. I am getting tired of people saying Norse Pantheon stomps the Greek pantheon beacuse of the statement in the Novel that Baldur is the strongest opponent Kratos has ever faced and when Cory said that Norse Kratos beats Greek Kratos. So annoying. I see this a lot on YouTube. They also bring up how in one of the codex entries it says Thor is the heaviest force Kratos felt. Altought it says something completely different. It is also usually pointed out how Kratos needed 3 v 1 to beat Odin.

Dunno why i am even trying to debate on YouTube of all places.

Last edited:
Damn. I am getting tired of people saying Norse Pantheon stomps the Greek pantheon beacuse of the statement in the Novel that Baldur is the strongest opponent Kratos has ever faced and when Cory said that Norse Kratos beats Greek Kratos. So annoying. I see this a lot on YouTube. They also bring up how in one of the codex it say Thor is the heaviest force Kratos felt. Altought it says something completely different. It is also usually pointed out how Kratos needed 3 v 1 to beat Odin.

Don't debate on YouTube, trust me. There are no rules there, everyone can say the stupidest shit they can think of.

Tougher and stronger? Didn't Kratos split Heimdall's cheek with his first blow on him? Also what makes him stronger? I can see Heimdall being more formidable given his position in the Aesir hierarchy but in terms of their showings against Kratos I find it hard to fathom that Heimdall would be so unquestionably superior to Baldur.
Baldur faced the rusty Kratos and couldn't hold his own against him when Kratos went Rage Mode, he was getting dazed out with every blow Kratos landed on him. Heimdall faced the more serious Kratos and only held an edge for so long with his foresight until Kratos literally powered through that, and then there's the Bifrost Armor to speak of that enhances his durability even further. Kratos bullied both tho so it's not exactly a very high bar to surpass.

Baldur won't be able to outspeed Heimdall in any sense of the word here because he just doesn't have the AD and RE that Kratos has, he'll get incapped by the incoming Realm Shift and Bifrost.

Damn. I am getting tired of people saying Norse Pantheon stomps the Greek pantheon beacuse of the statement in the Novel that Baldur is the strongest opponent Kratos has ever faced and when Cory said that Norse Kratos beats Greek Kratos. So annoying. I see this a lot on YouTube. They also bring up how in one of the codex it say Thor is the heaviest force Kratos felt. Altought it says something completely different. It is also usually pointed out how Kratos needed 3 v 1 to beat Odin.

Technically it is the heaviest he has felt, but the wording indicates that he has taken equally strong blows before, hence 'as heavy as'. Also debating on Youtube is a lost cause. All sorts of people there. The novel statement is easily debunked in terms of its wording itself and also just looking at how rusty Kratos was and still beating him. But Youtube commenters will ignore and repeat.

Baldur faced the rusty Kratos and couldn't hold his own against him when Kratos went Rage Mode, he was getting dazed out with every blow Kratos landed on him. Heimdall faced the more serious Kratos and only held an edge for so long with his foresight until Kratos literally powered through that, and then there's the Bifrost Armor to speak of that enhances his durability even further. Kratos bullied both tho so it's not exactly a very high bar to surpass.

Baldur won't be able to outspeed Heimdall in any sense of the word here because he just doesn't have the AD and RE that Kratos has, he'll get incapped by the incoming Realm Shift and Bifrost.
Makes sense. I haven't been on this thread in a while but what is the Norse power hierarchy like after Ragnarok's release? Is Surtr the strongest or Odin or Kratos? Are Garm and Nidhogg above them or at least somewhere up there? Is Starkaðr above them?

Damn. I am getting tired of people saying Norse Pantheon stomps the Greek pantheon beacuse of the statement in the Novel that Baldur is the strongest opponent Kratos has ever faced and when Cory said that Norse Kratos beats Greek Kratos. So annoying. I see this a lot on YouTube. They also bring up how in one of the codex entries it says Thor is the heaviest force Kratos felt.
Thor isn't the heaviest force Kratos ever felt, Kratos said that it was "as heavy as any I had ever felt", not "the strongest I ever felt". If anything, this shows us two things: 1. Thor might actually be comparable to the Top 3 Olympians in terms of physical strength, and shouldn't be overwhelmingly weaker than them, and 2. Kratos retaining his peak physical strength from his GOW3 days barring Hope is finally a real thing. Worst of which, Kratos beat Thor in the second rematch and fared way better and even took a direct enraged and full-power blow from Thor to the face, and this time he just shrugged it off. The Novel fight is also missing context, given that Kratos has gotten considerably rusty and hasn't fought against a God in a long time, especially against one who is blessed with invulnerability to all threats, physical or magical.

Cory's good on the lore stuff, but bad on the powerscaling stuff. Leave the powerscaling to Bruno. He's the animation director so he knows the boss fights better than anyone else in the office.

Altought it says something completely different. It is also usually pointed out how Kratos needed 3 v 1 to beat Odin.
Reminder that Odin isn't physically as strong as Kratos so he compensates for it using magic. No different than Freya being able to restrain Kratos with her Vanir Vine Magic.

Here's a tip: DON'T. IT WILL DESTROY YOUR MENTAL HEALTH. Or whatever's left of it anyway.

Makes sense. I haven't been on this thread in a while but what is the Norse power hierarchy like after Ragnarok's release? Is Surtr the strongest or Odin or Kratos? Are Garm and Nidhogg above them or at least somewhere up there? Is Starkaðr above them?
Starkadr I'd say is still definitely above them. Then comes Odin, then comes Thor and Ragnarok Kratos, then comes Surtr and Jormi (Thor was easily 2v1'ing both of them at once), and then Freya and any of the other bottom rung Gods below them. Nidhogg and Garm seem to be fodder now. Shame.

Greek Pantheon still edges out hard on them. Ares has a shitton of cheatcode hax and crazy AD to boot, Hades has Atlas's soul and a shitton of other souls he's collected over thousands of years and has a boatload of death hax and torture hax, then comes Poseidon who is second in strength only to Zeus, and then comes Zeus himself. Zeus is just built different. Zeus could literally one-shot the entire Greek Pantheon with a single lightning bolt or a single breath if he so chose to, and he could scare every single god shitless with just his voice. Never mind the fact that Zeus literally states that all of Olympus had grown mightier and stronger since the end of the Great War as Mount Olympus grew. And GOW3 Kratos could only squeeze a stalemate out of him even with the Titan Power Ups and Hades' Soul plus the millions of other souls he had absorbed.

Last edited:
Back