• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It's just potent Fire Manip is all.
isn't we agree that hellheim has some kind of law manip ? why would it only potent fire manip ? @GilverTheProtoAngelo @Aetheric Pariah
Because only the Gods have access to such a power and the Great Evils are already volatile in nature as is, much, much stronger than the Primordials. Zeus was pretty much the only other guy that could keep the evils in check long enough for them to be sealed into Pandora's box.
well we can discuss this later

Not sure about low godly healing. Probaby if there is more evidence of him completely recreateing them from a soul.
I suspect Odin will have it since most enemies physically got disintegrated completely by Kratos. I wonder if odin able to revive warriors that got destroyed by realm tears/voids...
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

btw do you agree with low-godly stuff, it seem this is the safest option.
For now I'd consider a "possibly" without further evidence.

Also it should be noted that souls in GoW consist 4 part, so odin would have those abilities too
Form, Mind, Direction and Luck.

Mind is Mind Manip, and Luck is Luck Manip.

Not sure about Form and Direction. What could they be?

isn't we agree that hellheim has some kind of law manip ? why would it only potent fire manip ? @GilverTheProtoAngelo @Aetheric Pariah
Mostly due to the insane cold, which I doubt is Law Manip TBF.

well we can discuss this later
Sure.

I suspect Odin will have it since most enemies physically got disintegrated completely by Kratos.
By being thrown into the Light of Alfheim?

For now I'd consider a "possibly" without further evidence.

Form, Mind, Direction and Luck.

Mind is Mind Manip, and Luck is Luck Manip.

Not sure about Form and Direction. What could they be?

direction surely very interesting one. Direction basically steer the souls to the Light of Alfheim without direction the souls will get erased from existence thus can't be revived. But i think odin somehow manipulate those direction which make souls steers to valhalla instead

I was asking if such a feat exists. Since I was curious about this relationship between Odin and Alfheim.
i never saw about this stuff, but i think odin statement about mind destruction and deconstruction stuff (tyr impostor) are enough ?

btw if we agree that light of alfheim = bifrost i think alternative explanation would be like this.

Every souls (4 parts) will go to vallaha which got absorbed and turn into some kind metaphysical energy of bifrost (?). (we know that light of alfheim stated to be transcend life and death) from that energy odin able to revive those warriors

btw if we agree that light of alfheim = bifrost i think alternative explanation would be like this.

Every souls (4 parts) will go to vallaha which got absorbed and turn into some kind metaphysical energy of bifrost (?). (we know that light of alfheim stated to be transcend life and death) from that energy odin able to revive those warriors
Then probably just some death manip for odin

but i believe we can push it to mid-godly (i need better word tbh)

since when Odin want to revive those warriors. He need to create those 4 parts (form, mind, luck, and direction). When Odin warriors died, they will disintegrated rather than showing process of the souls goes to valhalla.

Last edited:
god-of-war-ragnarok-how-to-beat-einherjars-1.large.jpg

god-of-war-ragnarok-how-to-beat-einherjar-archers-1.large.jpg

but i believe we can push it to mid-godly (i need better word tbh)

since when Odin want to revive those warriors. He need to create those 4 parts (form, mind, luck, and direction). When Odin warriors died, they will disintegrated rather than showing process of the souls go to valhalla.
I think it's a stretch to assume their souls are destroyed along with their bodies without any explicit proof, best to just say Odin gives their souls new bodies instead of new bodies and also making new souls.

Also given that all the Bifrost stuff done by the Einharjar and other Aseirs is due to Odin experimenting with it would we give him all applications of Bifrost energy by default? Could we say he can do realm shifts or the energy arm thing Heimdall does?

Do the Norse have any infinite speed feats outside of "should be comparable to his Greek self"?
None that I'm aware of. The Valkyries do have the statement of arriving at every conflict in the Nine Realms and collecting their souls but that's ultimately dependent on the size of the realms.

I think it's a stretch to assume their souls are destroyed along with their bodies without any explicit proof, best to just say Odin gives their souls new bodies instead of new bodies and also making new souls.
I agree.

Also given that all the Bifrost stuff done by the Einharjar and other Aseirs is due to Odin experimenting with it would we give him all applications of Bifrost energy by default? Could we say he can do realm shifts or the energy arm thing Heimdall does?
Could be a possibility. But first we'd need to nail down all the abilities of Bifrost.

None that I'm aware of. The Valkyries do have the statement of arriving at every conflict in the Nine Realms and collecting their souls but that's ultimately dependent on the size of the realms.
The branches argument are one thing to consider but I kinda doubt it because

1. They seem to use Bifrost to transport elemental attacks from other realms

2. They use Bifrost energy to travel between realms, so not sure if they're just bypassing the distance with it as Dimensional Travel or what since the Realms cannot be accessed physically even when you are physically there on the tree itself, still needs a gateway. Them physically travelling the distance and then opening the gateway when they arrive could be a possible scenario but IDK, seems to rely on too many assumptions when they could just use Bifrost to open a gateway. Or does it not open gateways in its raw form and needs to be channeled into a medium to do so?

They are shown doing that using flight with Bifrost in the Spark of the World but I'm still not sure about it TBF.

I am somewhat agree. But the thing is, the souls (form, mind, luck, direction) got absorbed by the bifrost energy into one energy due to transcending life and death stuff (bifrost = light of alfheim). So Odin need to differentiate each souls (form, mind, luck, direction) .... since every warriors has different appearance, weapon, and abilities, etc

Maybe.

Last edited:
But first we'd need to nail down all the abilities of Bifrost.
Well so far we've got:
  • Energy Manipulation & Projection (Einharjar can channel it through their weapons and shoot energy bolts with it, Odin and a few others like Heimdall can do the same)
  • Teleportation and Dimensional Travel (Some Einharjar can use it to teleport and it seems like it's how they just zip into whatever realm Kratos is currently in to fight him, also the Valkyries obviously use it to travel between realms)
  • Flight (Odin can coat his body in Bifrost to fly in his boss fight)
  • Barrier Creation / Damage Reduction (Heimdall creates "armour" with Bifrost that prevents him from taking damage until it's dispelled, one of Odin's 3 barrier types from his boss fight is a Bifrost one that also prevents all damage until it's gone)
  • Creation or/and Regeneration (Heimdall with his Bifrost arm, not entirely sure if it counts as regeneration since he didn't regenerate his arm he just made a energy replacement for it that dissipates when Kratos chokes him out)
  • Spatial Manipulation / Time Manipulation (Realm shifts slow down time and distort space)
  • Same abilities as the Light of Alfheim? (Depends on how far we wanna go with that)

Considering maybe doing a similar thing we do with Hades and Tartarus energy and have a seperate tab for Bifrost energy for peeps like Odin.

Well so far we've got:
  • Energy Manipulation & Projection (Einharjar can channel it through their weapons and shoot energy bolts with it, Odin and a few others like Heimdall can do the same)
  • Teleportation and Dimensional Travel (Some Einharjar can use it to teleport and it seems like it's how they just zip into whatever realm Kratos is currently in to fight him, also the Valkyries obviously use it to travel between realms)
Looks good.

• Flight (Odin can coat his body in Bifrost to fly in his boss fight)
There are also points where he flies around without it, but sure.

• Barrier Creation / Damage Reduction (Heimdall creates "armour" with Bifrost that prevents him from taking damage until it's dispelled, one of Odin's 3 barrier types from his boss fight is a Bifrost one that also prevents all damage until it's gone)
I think it's just Defense Boost or Armor Formation, since it can still be chipped out like any conventional armor.

• Creation or/and Regeneration (Heimdall with his Bifrost arm, not entirely sure if it counts as regeneration since he didn't regenerate his arm he just made a energy replacement for it that dissipates when Kratos chokes him out)
Looks good, I think Limb Creation seems better.

• Spatial Manipulation / Time Manipulation (Realm shifts slow down time and distort space)
We list these as Space-Time Manipulation in general according to what KingTempest has said. So Space-Time Manip it shall be.

• Same abilities as the Light of Alfheim? (Depends on how far we wanna go with that)
Hmmmmm, it destroy souls and shit too?

Considering maybe doing a similar thing we do with Hades and Tartarus energy and have a seperate tab for Bifrost energy for peeps like Odin.
Don't think we need to for this case, Odin shows most of those powers on-screen in one way or the other.

Hmmmmm, it destroy souls and shit too?
Dunno, Freya mentions the Bifrost is powered by the Light of Alfheim in 2018 which could mean it has the same properties as the light, but she could just be referring to the Bifrost crystal Kratos and Atreus were using for realm travel instead of Bifrost energy in general which might be the case since afaik Bifrost energy isn't shown or said to destroy souls or anything of the sort.

The only thing kratos lost is his magic
Well, yeah that's pretty apparent. He's basically a physical god without a divine domain in a sense. Which makes his matching of the top powers of the Norse World especially impressive.

Wonder if by rehabilitating and uniting the realms, he'd eventually be accepted by the magic of the Norse lands and gain magic native to there.

Dunno, Freya mentions the Bifrost is powered by the Light of Alfheim in 2018 which could mean it has the same properties as the light, but she could just be referring to the Bifrost crystal Kratos and Atreus were using for realm travel instead of Bifrost energy in general which might be the case since afaik Bifrost energy isn't shown or said to destroy souls or anything of the sort.
Ah. Now I remember.

Well, for now they'd grant us only Madness Manip, Soul Manip and Deconstruction (Maybe Probability BS) unless we can figure out the Direction thing. Though I'm not sure of Odin's own inherent abilities make Soul Manip redundant.

You implied his POWER (as is everything he had up until norse or his magic power) buddy what are you saying here?
No need to bother with that anymore, I already responded to that misunderstanding of context that Weekly had. Ignore it.

Well, yeah that's pretty apparent. He's basically a physical god without a divine domain in a sense. Which makes his matching of the top powers of the Norse World especially impressive.
More so an Immortal Demigod with the physical strength worthy enough to rival the strongest Olympian honestly.

Wonder if by rehabilitating and uniting the realms, he'd eventually be accepted by the magic of the Norse lands and gain magic native to there.
Maybe he could. Wouldn't be anything comparable to Greek, but at least it'd give him a sense of closure.

Maybe he could. Wouldn't be anything comparable to Greek, but at least it'd give him a sense of closure.
Maybe the suffering he underwent throughout his life would be enough for the World Tree to lay the secrets of rune magic to him, similar to how Odin hung himself from a branch of the Yggdrasil to learn its secrets. Though, this is just a pet theory lol.

Would yall belive me if i tell you there are people on reddit who belive kratos still can't move more than 50 tons? Btw, those are the exact same people who argued outerversal base thor and superman.

Would yall belive me if i tell you there are people on reddit who belive kratos still can't move more than 50 tons? Btw, those are the exact same people who argued outerversal base thor and superman.
Despite Cory explicitly stating that the bridge he moved is 1.7 million US tons? Or the larger temple inside that he so callously flipped after he ripped open the chains holding them in place?

Also are we seriously forgetting Atlas and Cronos's slap? Cronos, the guy who is carrying a mountain upto a dozen miles in height on his back as a backpack?

Back