• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Would yall belive me if i tell you there are people on reddit who belive kratos still can't move more than 50 tons? Btw, those are the exact same people who argued outerversal base thor and superman.
Dude, there's people who believe in 1-A Undertale on Reddit. This is nothing new honestly and you'd be better off just looking and moving on.

Though, that in particular is weird since if there's one thing Kratos has, its physical strength feats.

Despite Cory explicitly stating that the bridge he moved is 1.7 million US tons?

Also are we seriously forgetting Atlas and Cronos's slap? Cronos, the guy who is carrying a mountain upto a dozen miles in height on his back as a backpack?
Outliers and dosen't scale to him because they where holding back and he was using weapons which did most of the work.

Dude, there's people who believe in 1-A Undertale on Reddit. This is nothing new honestly and you'd be better off just looking and moving on.

Though, that in particular is weird since if there's one thing Kratos has, its physical strength feats.
in b4 Kratos can't even lift a chest

He can literally open them while they're stuck under the pressure of water.

Outliers and dosen't scale to him because they where holding back and he was using weapons which did most of the work.

Poseidon one-shotting Titans left and right just by kamikaze'ing through them

Hades having the soul and strength of Prime Atlas and casually dragging down Oceanus who apparently gave Poseidon trouble in the novel and Zeus mocked Poseidon for it

Kratos having to use his arms and all his might to stop a pissed Atlas from crushing him in GOW2 and then he easily overpowers Hades in a tug of war where the weapon chains do not assist in AP at all, and then Kratos stops Cronos's slap with just his bare arms and Cronos is rightfully pissed and even states that he will turn Kratos into a bloody stain

Suuuuuuuuuuuure. Definitely outliers, definitely spammed piercing damage in parts involving lifting strength. I swear, people will find the dumbest excuses online to deny GOW anything.

At the very least, the worst of it went down after the Baldur fight in 2018 showcased what Kratos could do via fisticuffs was clearly not just building level.

At the very least, the worst of it went down after the Baldur fight in 2018 showcased what Kratos could do via fisticuffs was clearly not just building level.
People still thinking kratos can't dodge arrows and can't destroy a bunch of ice.

Would yall belive me if i tell you there are people on reddit who belive kratos still can't move more than 50 tons? Btw, those are the exact same people who argued outerversal base thor and superman.
Most comic bok fanboys, they love to wank there fav characters

Me listening to Blood Upon the Snow for the fifth time today, god this games soundtrack is so good.

giphy.gif

"Kratos needed to enter giant form just to destroy buildings in Rhodes" is one of my personal favourites when it comes to downplaying GOW.
Man literally yeeted the Colossus in Rhodes to the next shore into a mountainside, and the Colossus in the game is far more massive than the IRL variant and even has iron reinforcement in its overall structure.

Curiosity, do anyone know if there its an ingame reason of why Norse Kratos can't double jump or even jump, aside for gameplay mechanics? Have Cory even say anything about this in twitter?

My headcanon its that Kratos its still capable to jump and attack in the air, but he doesn't do that because his fighting style has chance, he isn't as aggressive or as focus on offense as before, he now fight more methodically balancing attack and defense.

Curiosity, do anyone know if there its an ingame reason of why Norse Kratos can't double jump or even jump, aside for gameplay mechanics? Have Cory even say anything about this in twitter?

My headcanon its that Kratos its still capable to jump and attack in the air, but he doesn't do that because his fighting style has chance, he isn't as aggressive or as focus on offense as before, he now fight more methodically balancing attack and defense.
SSM broke his legs. That's the only canonical explanation. Atreus makes jokes about his "bad knees".

Does hades have any similar feats like shaking the universe or earth or something? Or does he more so just scales to others?

Does hades have any similar feats like shaking the universe or earth or something? Or does he more so just scales to others?
The latter, plus he literally has Atlas's soul plus a couple million more.

And he has insane range, being able to rain hellfire from the Underworld down into the Mortal World and all other wacky shit. He's the hax cannon of GoW more so to speak, experimenting with souls and finding new ways to torture them for eternity.

Oh i really like your take for the ending, although i'm not sure about giving an optional choice for wearing the mask, since wouldn't that defeat the point of Atreus's characters arc?

But i like your take with Athena, since she wasn't show/mention in Ragnarok despire the fact that we know that she its still active, still its possibile that in the future she may return as antagonist in a possibile future sequel with Atreus.
I mean, the reason I'd like to see that choice given to us in the game is because not only it'd let us know more about the mask's nature and its purpose, but it'd further solidify the fact that Odin was 100% chasing something which doesn't even exist.

There are a lot of people who were curious as to what would've happened if Atreus had put on the mask (as they feel maybe Odin's obsession with fate and prophecy had some substance to it), so putting this sequence in the game would've not only left 0 uncertainty for the series' future, but it would've also definitively proven that there's no such thing as fate and prophecy.

Can i ask what is the strongest zeus on this wiki? Like top 10 strongest. Or should i do a separate post for that?

Back