• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I viewed the Joshless account on Reddit and he seems to be basically trying to downgrade every verse he can. He even has this one on God of War:

Do you think anyone can find that reply of Cory saying that about Uranus and Cronos, because that would help with me telling people about how strong the characters are.

Also, does anyone think that Kratos will end up using that piece of the Power of Hope that Cory said he has still in him in Ragnarok, or do you think he won't.

Do you think anyone can find that reply of Cory saying that about Uranus and Cronos, because that would help with me telling people about how strong the characters are.
There is no quote of Cory barlog saying that, Joshless was making a joke rebuttal to a point that he made.

Besides the multiple WoG from the developers confirming that Uranus was responsible for the universe and Cronos fought and beat him, lore and statements from the comics, artbooks, games, and official website also conclude that to be the case.

I think a good chunk of the versus community accepts Kratos and God of War to be strong but they choose to cope by splitting Kratos/God of War into game version and novel/lore version or feel the need to restrict material outside of the games.

Last edited:
There is no quote of Cory barlog saying that, Joshless was making a joke rebuttal to a point that he made.

Besides the multiple WoG from the developers confirming that Uranus was responsible for the universe and Cronos fought and beat him, lore and statements from the comics, artbooks, games, and official website also conclude that to be the case.

I think a good chunk of the verses community accepts Kratos and God of War to be strong but they choose to cope by saying splitting Kratos/God of War into game version and novel/lore version or feel the need to restrict material outside of the games.
Ah, thanks for telling me then.

I hope they get rid of the need to use Atreus to send down a chain for Kratos to climb up a 5-meter wall. He was already shown to be capable of jumping dozens of meters in cutscenes within the GoW4 so my headcanon as for why he doesn't do it in gameplay is because he doesn't want to reveal he's a God to Atreus. Now he doesn't need to hide that from Atreus he should be able to just jump those 5-meter walls. And I'm pretty sure Atreus mentioned that the tunnels in 4 were made by dwarfs, Atreus is much bigger than then in Ragnarok so I'm not sure if he could fit in the tunnels.

I hope they get rid of the need to use Atreus to send down a chain for Kratos to climb up a 5-meter wall. He was already shown to be capable of jumping dozens of meters in cutscenes within the GoW4 so my headcanon as for why he doesn't do it in gameplay is because he doesn't want to reveal he's a God to Atreus. Now he doesn't need to hide that from Atreus he should be able to just jump those 5-meter walls. And I'm pretty sure Atreus mentioned that the tunnels in 4 were made by dwarfs, Atreus is much bigger than then in Ragnarok so I'm not sure if he could fit in the tunnels.
The older games did this too, but yeah I hope they change that too.

Me too. Also, climbing is a real Bitch in 2018, and was much better in the previous games, and I wish it's much like the originals

Does anyone know why Reddit and other forums downplay GoW so much, even when you show them sources, a lot of the time they don't care.

Does anyone know why Reddit and other forums downplay GoW so much, even when you show them sources, a lot of the time they don't care.
Couldn't say what goes on in their minds but then again, those guys would downplay Superman to nuke level or GOD ******* FORBID to 9-B if they could. They just have issues with our wiki as a whole ranging from our methods of calculation all the way to the aspects of the tiering system itself from Tier 2 and beyond.

People do things differently.
Also people hate admitting when they're wrong.

I got told one time on YouTube that Post crisis superman would lose to Nappa lmfao.

And when it comes to God of war, I could see why someone might reject The cast being Tier 2. I can understand why you'd think Kratos and Co are Country level, as the background lore is so obscure.

The Jump from High 6-A to 2-C was insane.

I got told one time on YouTube that Post crisis superman would lose to Nappa lmfao.

And when it comes to God of war, I could see why someone might reject The cast being Tier 2. I can understand why you'd think Kratos and Co are Country level, as the background lore is so obscure.

And not without chaos.

The second attempt to get Kratos to Tier 2 got shut down by Matt 6 times in a row and he almost got the Discussion Rule made, until Kep kept re-opening them and he and WGA finally pulled it off.

These two threads were absolute chaos back then, I was in the second one by Spawn888, and holy shit were his arguments beyond ******* terrible. People still kept screaming "Hurr durr GOW relies too much on Word of God" without even realizing why we use them to begin with: To only further clarify stuff that already exists in the games, artbooks, guidebooks, novels and comic books. This misconception that GOW only relies on Twitter comments for its ratings is ******* absurdity.

Couldn't say what goes on in their minds but then again, those guys would downplay Superman to nuke level or GOD ******* FORBID to 9-B if they could. They just have issues with our wiki as a whole ranging from our methods of calculation all the way to the aspects of the tiering system itself from Tier 2 and beyond.
Superman to 9-B what is wrong with these people? It's like they live in bizzaro land. I wonder what their issue with the calcs, and tiering system is, it seems to work pretty well.

The older games did this too, but yeah I hope they change that too.
True but even then Kratos’ casual jumps were supernaturally high so that was more believable. I’m not expecting Kratos to jump to the clouds or something, just over those small ledges that he boosted Atreus up to so Atreus can drop a chain down for him in GoW4.

Yeah, that makes sense.

And not without chaos.

The second attempt to get Kratos to Tier 2 got shut down by Matt 6 times in a row and he almost got the Discussion Rule made, until Kep kept re-opening them and he and WGA finally pulled it off.

These two threads were absolute chaos back then, I was in the second one by Spawn888, and holy shit were his arguments beyond ******* terrible. People still kept screaming "Hurr durr GOW relies too much on Word of God" without even realizing why we use them to begin with: To only further clarify stuff that already exists in the games, artbooks, guidebooks, novels and comic books. This misconception that GOW only relies on Twitter comments for its ratings is ******* absurdity.
I remember some of that, I was surprised that Kep and WGA managed to pull it off too, and yeah I see some people claim that GOW relies solely on WoG for it's best feats when they existed before and were just clarified.

True but even then Kratos’ casual jumps were supernaturally high so that was more believable. I’m not expecting Kratos to jump to the clouds or something, just over those small ledges that he boosted Atreus up to so Atreus can drop a chain down for him in GoW4.
Yeah, but they were still some times were he should have been able to logically jump without aid, like the wall he has to run up to get from the underworld to Aphrodite, always thought that him needing the boots there was silly.

Yeah, but they were still some times were he should have been able to logically jump without aid, like the wall he has to run up to get from the underworld to Aphrodite, always thought that him needing the boots there was silly.
I don’t mind things like that because Kratos didn’t need to jump ground to cloud high in gameplay and we already are capable of jumping high before getting the boots, boots which are also another tool in combat. where as having to interact with Atreus to get Kratos to climb a chain a few meters high just slows things down.

I don’t mind things like that because Kratos didn’t need to jump ground to cloud high in gameplay and we already are capable of jumping high before getting the boots, boots which are also another tool in combat. where as having to interact with Atreus to get Kratos to climb a chain a few meters high just slows things down.
Yeah, it does seem more egregious in the new GoW.

And not without chaos.

Yeah I remember that, that was crazy. Whatever happened to Matt? Did he get banned? He was very feisty lol

But honestly I hate the WOG hate as well. Shit's stupid. These aren't just Random people talking out their ass. These are people who created this ******* game.

Now you have Kratos sealing ripples in reality that threaten the universe itself with bare hands, The Valkyries Flying to the realms physically (which might just be an immeasurable speed feat)

The world serpent and Thor almost destroying the 9 realms and splintering the world tree.
And plenty of other feats in game and in game statements. Now it's in your face and undeniable.

I expect to see more in the coming games
the worst are the guys who try to say Cory Barlog said all the pantheons are on Earth during his presentations but disregard him stating that they are universes on twitter.
I doubt blame em. I used to think this too. It was very confusing at first.
I don’t mind things like that because Kratos didn’t need to jump ground to cloud high in gameplay and we already are capable of jumping high before getting the boots, boots which are also another tool in combat. where as having to interact with Atreus to get Kratos to climb a chain a few meters high just slows things down
Fax. I wish they would bring back the boots. Would be a sick form of transportation

And not without chaos.

did you know back in 2016 i was asking if Cronos killed Uranus is usable feat and it simply got locked. You should check this thread.

Yeah I remember that, that was crazy. Whatever happened to Matt? Did he get banned? He was very feisty lol

But honestly I hate the WOG hate as well. Shit's stupid. These aren't just Random people talking out their ass. These are people who created this ******* game.

Now you have Kratos sealing ripples in reality that threaten the universe itself with bare hands, The Valkyries Flying to the realms physically (which might just be an immeasurable speed feat)

The world serpent and Thor almost destroying the 9 realms and splintering the world tree.
And plenty of other feats in game and in game statements. Now it's in your face and undeniable.

I expect to see more in the coming games

I doubt blame em. I used to think this too. It was very confusing at first.

Fax. I wish they would bring back the boots. Would be a sick form of transportation
honestly probably due to back in 2010-2012 people wank kratos to multi-galaxy to universe level in Comic Vine forum. Able to beat several marvel or DC character like pre crisis super man and world breaker hulk

Me and Matt actually came from OBD (Outskirt Battledrome forum) which reside in Narutoforum.com and OBD forum also does not accept most kratos feat,

Back