• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

btw i predict the story of gungnir (odin spear) would be something like this.

Crafted using the root of yggdrassil. This spear able to bypass all time and space, never miss any of it's targets.

6ca35a01-df77-429b-8c27-a4f16984c512

Well odin curse the wild mist into poison mist tho. And as we know Greek Kratos has resistance to poison.
So Odin would get layered poison manipulation?

btw, so we know that leviathan axe = thor hammer,

but the fact kratos axe can't damage helwalker due some law manip, so is it safe to say that hellheim law > thor hammer??

btw, so we know that leviathan axe = thor hammer,

but the fact kratos axe can't damage helwalker due some law manip, so is it safe to say that hellheim law > thor hammer??
It's just resistance to Ice Manip because Helwalkers themselves are ice. Because Kratos can smack them barehanded quite easily.

Whereas Blades of Chaos not being able to attack fire-based elementals in Norse is actually game mechanics, seeing as it literally ploughed through fire Minotaurs in GOW1 and other fiery beings in the Underworld no problem.

I know Kratos' range was recently upgraded, but Would it be reasonable to suggest he actually have planetary range with the Atlas Quake as he can shake the whole world with it according to the novel (sadly don't have the scan) or would that just be Attack potency?

Athena also says something similar about the Nemean cestus

I know Kratos' range was recently upgraded, but Would it be reasonable to suggest he actually have planetary range with the Atlas Quake as he can shake the whole world with it according to the novel (sadly don't have the scan) or would that just be Attack potency?

Athena also says something similar about the Nemean cestus
We've already planned that in the upcoming CRT

Okay so...

"Triangle attacks are officially called Weapon Signature Moves. Depending on whether you have the Leviathan Axe or Blades of Chaos readied, Kratos can infuse the sharpened steel with ice or fire. These elemental moves, called “Frost Awaken” and “Whiplash,” do extra damage by freezing or incinerating aggressors."

No UES required. Kratos just filters his power through his weapons and boom. Weapon empowered. Except for Blades of Chaos. Two way street on that one, they amp him, and he amps them back.

"The shield is revamped, too. Yeh walked me through the pros and cons of the new Dauntless and Stonewall Shields, occasionally reminding me that the team wanted players to tailor their gameplay to immediate needs. The Dauntless Shield is all about twitch reactions. By parrying at the last possible moment, Kratos’ shield glows a menacing red, signaling the player can unleash a devastating smash that tosses and stuns enemies. Dissimilarly, the Stonewall Shield is for tank-lovers that prefer slower-paced bouts. Kratos can’t parry when equipped with the Stonewall, so keeping it raised is crucial to surviving barrages. The more hits the Stonewall Shield takes, the more kinetic energy it absorbs. And once it’s fully charged, players can bang the shield into the ground emitting a screen-wide pulse, knocking anything foolish enough to approach off its feet."

So basically Kratos's shield is finally becoming Captain America's own shield and exactly like Black Panther's suit in the MCU. It can absorb a shitload of kinetic energy and then expel it when it's armed and ready to shoot. Can't absorb too much tho, or else the block breaks, and can't parry with the Stonewall, nor can you hold a block position with the Dauntless shield.

But this is just the start. We only know about these two, there are more out there of different variety types.

Lead combat designers Mihir Sheth and Denny Yeh have over 17 years of God of War experience shared between them, and both played prominent roles in the previous game’s success. The series’ current direction is inspired by an old studio motto: Playing with your food.

“That’s an internal philosophy that we’ve had since back in the day,” Sheth says. “Kratos plays with his food. We tried to create systems you want to engage with that are fun, very playful, lots of different routes.
And when we looked at the combat in the last game, we were like, ‘We can push this further; we can find new toys and ways of playing with enemies and strategies.’ That’s been the guiding principle more than anything else.”

Oh yeah i love this gameplay mechanics, It really feels so badass to play kratos.

i think with this statement, it's safe to say kratos can go wih hax on first attack if he want to.

Somebody on YouTube is really trying to argue with me that Kratos doesen't have infinite speed beacuse we can see his movements.
This argument would literally apply to any video game character or anime character because we can see their movements. Not the first time we dealt with such arguments either. It's just BS. Typical LordXcano mindset if you ask me.

Worst of all he was once an staff before then, how the hell he got promoted into a staff?
He was a calc group member, but that was 4-5 years ago. He created a shitload of drama on the wiki and threatened to destabilize it, and even doxxed Ant on 4Chan leaking confidential info. His behavior on reddit isn't any better, if the recent RVT reports I made on his new socks are anything to go by. He now goes by Joshless there.

He was a calc group member, but that was 4-5 years ago. He created a shitload of drama on the wiki and threatened to destabilize it, and even doxxed Ant on 4Chan leaking confidential info. His behavior on reddit isn't any better, if the recent RVT reports I made on his new socks are anything to go by. He now goes by Joshless there.
I viewed the Joshless account on Reddit and he seems to be basically trying to downgrade every verse he can. He even has this one on God of War:

I viewed the Joshless account on Reddit and he seems to be basically trying to downgrade every verse he can. He even has this one on God of War:

CharacterRant threads are obviously a no-no on this site because of this. These are all baseless arguments that have no basis with how we obtained our tiers anyway so they're all moot. No different from this thread really.

Joshless has a problem with the entirety of VSB wiki as a whole, with how we do our calculations, with how our tiering system is determined and so on and so forth.

Back