• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

honestly probably due to back in 2010-2012 people wank kratos to multi-galaxy to universe level in Comic Vine forum. Able to beat several marvel or DC character like pre crisis super man and world breaker hulk

Me and Matt actually came from OBD (Outskirt Battledrome forum) which reside in Narutoforum.com and OBD forum also does not accept most kratos feat,
to be honest tho what people wank back in 2010-2012 was not really wanking, Only the reason why kratos is universal is bad.

The fact universal feat in GOW already exist since 2005 from old official GOD OF WAR 1 WEBSITE

Just take a look Kratos profile on OBD wiki http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/439-character-profile-kratos

They just giving Norse Kratos only Ice manipulation and spartan rage. Any God of War powerscalers probably getting his blood boil after seeing this profile.
Isn't OBD like, dead in the water right now? It's an ancient relic.

They literally got Ezio at like, 9-C even. Their profiles are like, super-******* old.

The OBD website is dead as hell but the community isn't, they're just not overly bothered or focused on their old profiles atm
Yeah I meant the website. The community has morphed into something else entirely, shifted from narutoforums to straight up fanverse now.

I don't think they'll bother making a comeback at this point.

Yeah I meant the website. The community has morphed into something else entirely, shifted from narutoforums to straight up fanverse now.

I don't think they'll bother making a comeback at this point.
OBD Community back then was ******* sucks imo, they literally insult people just because small mistake on ENG grammar.

tbh i'm more annoyed with people that cherry picking and misrepresenting GoW Cosmology, it's something like this :

"GoW can't be universal in size because back then people in myth don't even think that universe is that large !!"

"GoW can't be infinite in size because that would break law of physics !!"

"GoW can't be infinite in size because that would break law of physics !!"
Then there's the issue of "HOW DOES A OBJECT OF FINITE MASS HOLD UP AN OBJECT OF INFINITE MASS"

Simple, it's fiction. Just like how we don't automatically assume big-ass galaxy-sized statues just collapse into a black hole, we don't assume that it's out of the ordinary for infinite-sized objects to be casually lifted up by beings of finite mass.

"GoW can't be universal in size because back then people in myth don't even think that universe is that large !!"
I've got even worse downplay.

"Because God of War deviates massively from Norse Mythology we cannot assume that the realms are universal in size, we could've if it was a one-to-one replica of the myth but it isn't."

That was legit a claim a Spanish blog claimed to downplay Kratos. Right after using your exact line for the Greek side of things. THE HYPOCRISY IS ******* IMMENSE.

They have Kratos losing to Raiden from Mortal Kombat and Sasuke.

No ******* way.

I mean I'm sure there are some versions of Kratos Sasuke can take.
But Gow 1-4? No. **** no.

Raiden gets one shot.

Yeah I remember he beat Madara and Kaguya.
It's sucks cause I still want to make GOW X Naruto matchups. I mean I guess I still can, but I want to match him up with God tiers.

Like Baryon Mode Naruto.

And Demigod Kratos gets clapped based on Current ratings

we should be careful when upgrading characters with half-baked statement or half-truth, because it would cause chain reaction of contradiction to whole scaling or cosmology. Ex : Marvel and DC

Does anyone know why Reddit and other forums downplay GoW so much, even when you show them sources, a lot of the time they don't care.
For the most part, i would say that for a lot of people it's beacuse of how ridiculous it seems. To them, if Kratos hasn't destroyed multiple universes at once on screen, he just isn't that level. To them he is as strong as in gameplay and cutscenes.

Every time i see Kratos vs Asura, people immediately start saying how Asura would destroy Kratos, how Kratos isn't on the level Asura is on. It gets annoying. It's beacuse Asura has all these in game grand, over the top and flashy feats. On the other hand most of the feats in God of War come from lore like novels, manuals, developer statements ect...

I'd also say that most people downplay Kratos simply beacuse they don't know about most lore statements in the first place.

There is also the downplaying of cosmology. The most famous one being that the 9 realms are just planets and that the Greek realm is just a flat planet, and Underworld being a physical part of it.

It really get's annyoing seeing the downplay everywhere.

For the most part, i would say that for a lot of people it's beacuse of how ridiculous it seems. To them, if Kratos hasn't destroyed multiple universes at once on screen, he just isn't that level. To them he is as strong as in gameplay and cutscenes.

Every time i see Kratos vs Asura, people immediately start saying how Asura would destroy Kratos, how Kratos isn't on the level Asura is on. It gets annoying. It's beacuse Asura has all these in game grand, over the top and flashy feats. On the other hand most of the feats in God of War come from lore like novels, manuals, developer statements ect...

I'd also say that most people downplay Kratos simply beacuse they don't know about most lore statements in the first place.

There is also the downplaying of cosmology. The most famous one being that the 9 realms are just planets and that the Greek realm is just a flat planet, and Underworld being a physical part of it.

It really get's annyoing seeing the downplay everywhere.
Yeah, that sounds about right to me, they either don't know or don't care enough to believe the lore statements, it does get very annoying though, especially when you still see people say guns can kill him, which is just mind boggling to me.

it does get very annoying though, especially when you still see people say guns can kill him, which is just mind boggling to me.
Now that you say this i remember someone on some platform (possibly YouTube but i can't quite recall) saying that a bullet to the back of Kratos' skull would be enough to kill him. I think the topic was if Kratos could survive in our current time.

Last edited:
Now that you say this i remember someone on some platform (possibly YouTube but i can't quite recall) saying that a bullet to the back of Kratos' skull would be enough to kill him. I think the topic was if Kratos could survive in our current time.
i bet that guy believe Real Life arrow able to hurt Kratos.

By the way. Saw a lot of fans theory about GOW and a lot of them very similar like MCU. If i make my own GoW Theory, then it must be inspired from Neverending Story.

Geez, the downplay is unreal.

so regarding dual/non-dual system in Norse we have :

light of alfheim which transcend life and non-life (death)

Fate of the world which existence (realms) and non-existence (voids)

and all of them are part of yggdrassil ?

so regarding dual/non-dual system in Norse we have :

light of alfheim which transcend life and non-life (death)

Fate of the world which existence (realms) and non-existence (voids)

and all of them are part of yggdrassil ?
Aye, that should be a given. All of Creation stems from Yggdrasil and will keep returning back and reforming over and over again in this neverending cycle that the tree simply doesn't give a **** about it.

Back