• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Greek Pantheon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, we had the Norse Mythos of God of War and Kratos upgraded and portrayed to a more accurate tiering, that being 4-A to 2-C, which gives me the necessary leverage for this thread. All of the feats we used in there scale back to Greek Kratos and the Greek Myths, due to numerous statements suggesting that Kratos became weaker:

• 1: Kratos states that he was more muscular when he fought Zeus.
  • 2: The Comic Con 2018 panel describing Kratos states that he is highly restraining himself and that, despite still being monstrously skilled and powerful, he is not as powerful as he was back when he soloed the Greek Pantheon.
  • 3: Cory Barlog passingly stated on an interview that Kratos's physical capabilities have dulled in his old age, which is why he can't jump in the gameplay. While he said this in a relatively tongue-in-cheek manner, it does fit in with other, more serious statements
  • 4: The Blades of Chaos are stated to be much more powerful than the Leviathan Axe and Mjolnir.
Now, the thread itself rejected these statements due to the sheer difference in the feats apparently suggesting otherwise, but that in itself is false. I made a GIGANTIC thread a while bac containing a ton of feats for the Greek Pantheon of God of War which are all cosmic in scale. Just to quote my conclusion:

• Uranus creating the universe and Cronos killing him (3-A/High 3-A due to GoW's universe size)
  • Hyperion having a spear that can bear the weight of the universe (3-A to High 3-A due to universe size in GoW)
  • Atlas holding up the cosmos (3-A to High 3-A)
  • The World Pillar holding up the cosmos before Atlas (3-A to High 3-A)
  • The World Pillar's destruction threatening all of creation, including the infinite Underworld, and being stated by Persephone to be able to revert the whole world to the primordial void of Chaos, which preceded the universe (High 3-A, possibly even Low 2-C considering the void preceded time itself, suggesting space-time would be destroyed)
  • Cronos creating time (self-explanatory Low 2-C)
  • Nyx creating and warping a dimension that contains stars and celestial bodies passively, with said dimension being a mirror of our own (Anywhere from 4-A to 3-A or higher)
  • Helios's light illuminating all of the Underworld, an infinite plane (Self-explanatory High 3-A)
  • Helios's power damaging the World Pillar, which held up the cosmos for milenni
There are also new discovered feats to take into account.

In God of War 3 it's revealed that Hercules also did his Labour where he was sent to find the apple in the Garden of Hesperides, and as we all know, in order to do that he needed to hold up the heavens in Atlas' place for a while.

I formerly rejected this feat due to the possible contradictions in God of War's lore and Atlas' positioning, but after reconsidering the contradictions can be easily explained away - so I tag it as a "possible" feat, which is further strengthened by Cory Barlog's statement that all myths that aren't directly contradicted can be taken into account. Not a definite feat, but a very strong possibility.

In the God of War 1 novel it's revealed that Uranus brought order to the primordial void of Chaos, and since said void preceded both the universe and time itself, as well as birthed the Primordials, that could be yet another feat on the tier 3-tier 2 level. I tag it as a "possible" feat as well. The only 100% definite feats are the ones listed in the dots above.

Discussio
Many of the people who disagreed with my initial thread seemed to have been more than convinced and sold on Kepekley's arguments in the Norse thread so I assume they'd be willing to listen to see if my arguments are solid as well. If anyone wants to talk to me about these feats, my Discord is WindAcheron#4395.

Also, many of the counters against my arguments were indirectly rejected and debunked by Kepekley in the Norse thread. For example, the argument that God of War's Greek universe was small, which was used as an argument on my thread, was heavily debunked and rejected by him there. Another one of the counters that he rejected were the arguments that Uranus died in the Primordial War.

• Agrees: Kepekley23, Rebuble Uselet, ParadoxIndifferent, CrimsonStar, DustCollector, TheHadouCyberspaceWitch, Zeckers, KratosSolosDBUniverse, Hellbeast1, Glassman, Darkanine
  • Disagrees: Matthew Schroeder, Dante, Ognunabuli
  • Neutral: Antvasima, Dragonmasterxyz, UltimaReality and The real cal howard

So, since the apocalypse is close, some ground rules to set here are: do not bother me about this, for both sides of the debate, because as I said explicitly, I won't get involved in this thread at all other than this post or unless I see something extremely...disagreeable.

Second rule: bystanders, ready the popcorn because GoW fests that I can watch without having to do anything are the best shitstorm fests.

Third rule: Think of the children before murdering each other.

That's all. Now I will be off.

Taking a precaution. Leave me out of this. With all these threads, I don't even like God of War anymore

Well...I'm personally fine with scaling the Greek pantheon to the Norse. And that's all I'm gonna say on the subject, so now instead of popcorn I'll just eat worms instead as I enjoy the show.

Worm-Corn
Let the shitstorm begin.

This is never going to happen, nearly all feats here are extremely out of context on top of being tremendous outliers in regards to the scale of the Greek Games.

Care to actually elaborate? I did, as can be seen on my thread.

Calling nearly 10 (if not more, never counted the actual number) feats outliers for a game where there are almost never actual high-end feats to scale from, only gameplay and lore, is shady. God of War has very few applicable low-end showings, considering the most impressive gameplay feats are never suggested to be the characters' limits limits and the Lore and True feats are extremely numerous.

Uranus creating the universe and Cronos killing him (3-A/High 3-A due to GoW's universe size)

Wrong, the universe was created from the war between all of the Primordials. Cronos killing Uranus is an outlier.

Hyperion having a spear that can bear the weight of the universe (3-A to High 3-A due to universe size in GoW)

Wrong, the spear is just stated to have "The weight of the cosmos", which is unquantifiable nonsense. That or "weight of the world" which is far lower.

Atlas holding up the cosmos (3-A to High 3-A)

Atlas lifts a flat planet in a feat calculated at High 6-A

The World Pillar holding up the cosmos before Atlas (3-A to High 3-A)

It lifts a flat planet

The World Pillar's destruction threatening all of creation, including the infinite Underworld, and being stated by Persephone to be able to revert the whole world to the primordial void of Chaos, which preceded the universe (High 3-A, possibly even Low 2-C considering the void preceded time itself, suggesting space-time would be destroyed)

Said creation is a flat planet, mount olympus, and the underworld which is located directly beneath said flat planet. It is not an entire universe

Cronos creating time (self-explanatory Low 2-C)

He never did this. Time already flowed linearly before Cronos was ever born.

Nyx creating and warping a dimension that contains stars and celestial bodies passively, with said dimension being a mirror of our own (Anywhere from 4-A to 3-A or higher)

Literally never happened.

Helios's light illuminating all of the Underworld, an infinite plane (Self-explanatory High 3-A)

Literally never happened either. The light of Helios reached all of the underworld because the underworld isn't infinite. It is light, it moves at the speed of light, not infinite speed.

Helios's power damaging the World Pillar, which held up the cosmos for milenni

No, it held the planet, not the universe. Stop taking words literally and ignoring all context. All your doing is seeing any mention of the word cosmos and going "ZOMG, it is the whole universe!!!

It isn't, learn to contextualize things.

All of these feats are either outliers, misinterpretations, or blatant lies. And as there have been over four different threads about 3-A Greek Kratos mostly by the same people with all the same feats, there is no reason to have this go on.

To quote myself on the old thread which was about all the same feats and was rejected:

ALmost all of this isn't legit in the slightest and is just based on flowery language and gleeful misinterpretations.

Kratos isn't even Planet level, let alone Universal like you say.

To begin:

• Cronos defeating Uranus is an outlier and inconsistency even among the games with it being retconned all the time how that happened
  • Cronos didn't create time that's obvious to anyone who's played the games. He's younger than the Earth.
  • Helios doesn't literally beat Nyx to banish the night. The sun just rises and night becomes day. To misinterpret that so much as to think Helios is beating a primordial is absurd.
  • The World Pillar and Underworld things are the biggest joke of this thread. The World Pillar supports the Underworld which is literally small enough to be covered by a flat Earth. It's not infinite. And the collapse of the World Pillar would destroy a flat planet and the underworld, and Olympus. It's not a universal feat simply because they say "All of Creation". Creation is tiny in this context.
  • Hermes doesn't actively guide the souls of the dead by running all the time, that's ridiculous. And the Helios feats are just relativistic, not FTL.
Every single feat in God of War that's actually real and scales to Kratos is either Tier 6 or lower. This is wank of the highest caliber.

And I love how 99% of this is based on either 1. taking words literally 2. twitter posts, or 3. questionably canon sources like facebook posts or ancient now-defunct websites.

> 'Wrong, the universe was created from the war between all of the Primordials.

The universe was created by Uranus. This is stated multiple times throughout the Comics and implied in documentaries, shown in the only scene in the game Uranus appears in, and Uranus' son, who HATES his father with all his might because he imprisoned him just because he was ugly, admits that his father created the universe and is the father of the cosmos.

> Wrong, the spear is just stated to have "The weight of the cosmos", which is unquantifiable nonsense. That or "weight of the world" which is far lower.

The spear is stated to be able to support the weight of the cosmos, with its moves being named after the guy who personifies the universe, with the guidebooks stating that the exaggerated descriptions in the multiplayer are all true and legitimate, with WoG confirming it, etc.

> Atlas lifts a flat planet in a feat calculated at High 6-A

Atlas took the burden of the World Pillar, which was stated to hold up the cosmos in the guides and to threaten all of creation. Persephone herself states that the Pillar's destruction will result in the destruction of all of existence and of absolutely everything that came before the Pillar, and that its destruction will make the world revert back into Chaos, which is clarified by multiple canon sources to be the Primordial Void that preceded the universe and spawned the Primordials.

> Said creation is a flat planet, mount olympus, and the underworld which is located directly beneath said flat planet. It is not an entire universe

Yes it is. Characters in-game refer to the Earth because that's what they want to control, the same way we know Zeus rules the Universe via multiple sources but he never says so because he is only interested on ruling the Earth and the Mortals.

> He never did this. Time already flowed linearly before Cronos was ever born.

WoG states as much, the Comic Con interviews and guidebooks states that time itself was created around the time the Cycle began, which is when Cronos killed Uranus, and etc.

Give me scans of time already existing before Cronos' birth, please? Because we are only given "took an eternity" statements. Absolutely nothing before Cronos' birth is ever given a Quantifiable time scale.

> Literally never happened.

Except when we see Nyx's dimension in the game.

> Literally never happened either. The light of Helios reached all of the underworld because the underworld isn't infinite. It is light, it moves at the speed of light, not infinite speed.

The Underworld is stated to be infinite in size by multiple sources. And Helios' light isn't sourced from the Sun itself, Chains of Olympus outright states that Helios' light is sourced from the Primordial Fire that existed before the Titans and the Olympians, so it isn't bound by true lightsped.

> No, it held the planet, not the universe. Stop taking words literally and ignoring all context. All your doing is seeing any mention of the word cosmos and going "ZOMG, it is the whole universe!!!

Chill out and stop with the personal insults.

I have to point out the fact that you resorted to personal attacks, name-calling, as well as deleting the last post where I literally said "wait for me to make my counters" in order for others not to see it, and then closed my thread is extremely revealing, but I don't blame you - personal frustation and all that. Let us be stuck in the camp of Arguments, and not personal attacks.

Also, please stop talking about Speed. Speed will be covered once we finish arguing Attack Potency. Mentioning speed right off the bat just makes me have more to defend all at once.

One point at a time.

The universe was created by Uranus. This is stated multiple times throughout the Comics and implied in documentaries, shown in the only scene in the game Uranus appears in, and Uranus' son, who HATES his father with all his might because he imprisoned him just because he was ugly, admits that his father created the universe and is the father of the cosmos.

No, all we have is a scan saying that Uranus is the father of the universe in the comics. Literally every universe creation myth we have in the Greek Games is different. It's either Nyx, Chaos, Uranus, or all the Primordials. And as we see in Ascension, it is all the Primordials combined. Not just Uranus.

Cronos killing Uranus is an outlier, that much is obvious.

The spear is stated to be able to support the weight of the cosmos, with its moves being named after the guy who personifies the universe, with the guidebooks stating that the exaggerated descriptions in the multiplayer are all true and legitimate, with WoG confirming it, etc.

Said WoG is twitter posts that nobody accepts. Said statement is blatantly poetic and it is wielded by a titan who's not remotely that powerful. Some amount of honesty is required here, you take things far too literally for your own good. You need to accept that poetic language and hyperbole is common in fiction.

Atlas took the burden of the World Pillar, which was stated to hold up the cosmos in the guides and to threaten all of creation. Persephone herself states that the Pillar's destruction will result in the destruction of all of existence and of absolutely everything that came before the Pillar, and that its destruction will make the world revert back into Chaos, which is clarified by multiple canon sources to be the Primordial Void that preceded the universe and spawned the Primordials.

The World Pillar holds the God of War world, ie the planet, which is literally flat. The threat to creation refers to the destruction of the world. And reverting the world back into Chaos is a High 6-A thing as seen in God of War 3.

And the "All of existence" and "cosmos" statements come from Facebook posts which are not valid. Once again literalism and taking hyperbole / dramatic poetic language as fact when the actual game clearly disagrees with you.

Yes it is. Characters in-game refer to the Earth because that's what they want to control, the same way we know Zeus rules the Universe via multiple sources but he never says so because he is only interested on ruling the Earth and the Mortals.

Zeus doesn't rule the universe. His reach never goes beyond the flat Earth he rules over. Nothing in the games ever goes beyond such a limited scale and trying to claim that Zeus can control the universe is absurd.

WoG states as much, the Comic Con interviews and guidebooks states that time itself was created around the time the Cycle began, which is when Cronos killed Uranus, and etc.

All "wog" stating this is wrong. We see in the flashbacks that events happened in a linear fashion before Cronos was born. Cronos isn't even the God of Time, he's the God of Harvest. The Primordial God of Time is Chronos, who is a different guy.

We don't see any Nyx dimension in-game. Nyx never even appears in game.

The Underworld is stated to be "endless" in a instruction manual that had a dude saying he wanted to give that sensation by detailing the horizon and making it clear that it stretched beyond it. As the underworld is literally the underside of the planet, with the planet crashing into it destroying the whole underworld (Main plot of Chains of Olympus), it isn't infinite.

WindGodAcheron said:
Also, please stop talking about Speed. Speed will be covered once we finish arguing Attack Potency. Mentioning speed right off the bat just makes me have more to defend all at once.
One point at a time.
No it won't. Speed won't be upgraded and neither is AP. You talk with such conviction despite having already made this thread in the past, and it was rejected there. It seems that your only wish in the wiki is to upgrade God of War.

All of the feats you list, without exception, are factually incorrect. They are brought by misinterpretation of statements, Twitter Conversations with secondary devs, and even Facebook Posts, all presented together in a dishonest, out of context conglomeration that frequently dismisses the actual games to form an illusion of consistency.

Such as all the statements that Altas / World Pillar lift the universe when they only lift a flat Earth and nothing else.

As a final note, Acheron, this 3-A Greek God of War conversation is something that has been done for about two years now, and has recurrently been rejected. In all my time seeing these threads I haven't once seen new arguments arrive, and have been exposed to pretty much all the same rebuttals over and over.

Hell, this isn't even the time this thread is done on this wiki alone. It's more like the fifth, and it isn't even your first thread about this. And need I remind you that the other thread was a wonderful mess that went nowhere? Do you want a repeat of that?

I hope not, because there is really not much to discuss here besides either side parroting the same arguments and responses over and over and over. As such, I think that we need not waste more time here.

Need I remind you that you got debunked by Kep on the Norse thread which you also said would go nowhere? Since when do you dictate the outcome of a thread? Wait for each argument to be laid in the table and stop closing threads. Thank you. There are new benchmarks here, since the Norse Myths are now 2-C. There is lots to discuss, lots of minds to be changed. Stop with the insults and accusations of my personal motives (I have upgraded lots of verses such as Dragon Ball GT to 3-A as well, my purpose is stretched for multiple verses)

Now, for my replies.

There is no more arguments, Acheron. You're not Kep and this isn't the Norse thread. I've seen all your replies, I literally have.

Stop accusing me of derailing the thread, please. I haven't been using personal attacks as you claim nor have I derailed it. All I'm doing is clarifying to you that this thread is honestly pointless, as it has been done about four times before. By you yourself in fact, and you brought literally no new arguments to the table and are giving the exact same answers as before.

To quote myself in the other thread again:

All the counters are wrong and based on semantics, really. I'm sorry but this isn't getting accepted. I explained everything ahead, although knowing the people who push for Universal God of War you're going to try to win through exhaustion.

The fact that you're trying to deflect disagreements as "Spite / knee jerk / hate!" is also really sad. The fact of the matter is that none of this was ever considered because it's blatantly obvious that they're not the real power of the series in every case.

Anyone who's interested in honestly analyzing the series can realize that some person saying that the underworld is "endless" on a making off isn't meant to establish that the underworld is literally physically infinite in size in the lore. That was just a random comment that isn't even Word of God.

Anyone who's who's interested in honestly analyzing the series can realize that some statement about "creation" / "all of existence" being endangered in the plot of Chains of Olympus isn't universal, because that game's cosmology deals with a flat planet, an underworld which is literally physically underneath it, and a really small sun.

Anyone who's who's interested in honestly analyzing the series can realize that a statement about Helios "banishing Nyx" is just a matter of talking about the sunrise ending night in a poetic manner, and not a statement about a minor Olympian defeating a Primordial every night.

Anyone who's who's interested in honestly analyzing the series can realize that Cronos creating time is blatantly not the case, as he was born after the Earth was formed, which was formed long after the universe began with the Primordials.

Anyone who's who's interested in honestly analyzing the series can realize that Cronos defeating Uranus is an outlier of the highest order.

As such, I see no reason to keeping this thread opened.

In the previous thread, all people who opinated an agreemented agreed with me, including:

Ultima Reality, Dragonmasterxyz, Dargoo Faust, RebubleUselet, Js250476, Quantu, Sera EX, ByAsura and AppleLord. Every one else was either completely neutral and chose not to participate, or was either of us.

I talked with Assaltwaffle who reopened this the first time, he seemed to agree that this thread was closed injustly and that there is being extremely jumpy behavior on the staff's side here - so with that in mind I will reopen this thread and ask for its natural end to be reached.

Please avoid:

• Personal Insults and Attacks
  • Accusations
  • Derail
And the discussion should run smoothly.

I'm going off for a few minutes now to watch a series, so I won't be able to be reached up until then.

Matthew has had to deal with several threads on the same theme. It isn't fair to force him to spend many hours arguing the same things over and over and over. It is placing him and other staff members in an unworkable position if we are not able to close discussions that have already been thoroughly previously dealt with, as it eventually exhausts us to the point that we cannot handle them any more and any unwarranted upgrades will go through via the sheer numbers of fans urging for them.

As such, I will close this once more, and would appreciate if you do not open it again. Thank you.

And I would appreciate it if you don't try to dismiss my decision and that of Assalt's based off of just that, Ant. I don't care about the topic myself and hardly want to be pestered about it but dismissing others' views isn't what makes for a non-toxic environment.

It has been dealt with several times previously. It is completely unworkable for the stability of the wiki to force other staff members to constantly overexert themselves against a horde of fans.

It has been dealt with over 5 times already, and it is always the same thing. These threads always end up extremely toxic and end up being closed. This has been going on for over a year now.

And this topíc is literally becoming a discussion rule as we speak.

It has not been dealt with several times before since I'm bringing new things to light.

This topic has been rehearsed and brought to light again ever since the Norse Mythos of the series got upgraded a week ago. Unless you're going to say that all the staff members and Administrators on that thread who are on Kep's side are a horde of God of War fans when some don't even know the series and are just going off scans.

Thanks for reopening this again. I won't bother again. Now, for my promised reply which I left saved in case this was reopened:

> No, all we have is a scan saying that Uranus is the father of the universe in the comics. Literally every universe creation myth we have in the Greek Games is different. It's either Nyx, Chaos, Uranus, or all the Primordials. And as we see in Ascension, it is all the Primordials combined. Not just Uranus.

False. Gyges, Uranus' son, outright states two different times that his father birthed the universe and that he is the Father of the Universe. In the Ascension Intro we see that the Primordials are fighting in a void, and then Uranus gets punched by a fellow primordial and the cosmos pop into existence with an explosion.

> Said WoG is twitter posts that nobody accepts. Said statement is blatantly poetic and it is wielded by a titan who's not remotely that powerful. Some amount of honesty is required here, you take things far too literally for your own good. You need to accept that poetic language and hyperbole is common in fiction.

I remember everyone accepting My Little Pony's Social Media statement that is a two-worded "True on both accounts" to a "is the Sun real-sized despite being geocentric in nature?".

The God of War artbook outright states about the weapons' scale that they are all true, and Word of God only exists to support what Official Sources already confirm. Don't attack my honesty, please. Just saying that it is poetic because it is isn't an argument, especially when a canon source outright goes against it.

> The World Pillar holds the God of War world, ie the planet, which is literally flat. The threat to creation refers to the destruction of the world. And reverting the world back into Chaos is a High 6-A thing as seen in God of War 3.

God of War 3 never portrays the world being reduced to Chaos and no characters in the game say it does. There is only a random, unspecified tagline saying "In the end there is only chaos.", which is not the same usage of the word, considering the World Pillar would destroy the worlds literally while all Kratos did was lay waste to the Earth.

The God of War 1 novel outright states that Chaos is the primordial void that Uranus brought order to, so that's the true usage of the world.

> And the "All of existence" and "cosmos" statements come from Facebook posts which are not valid. Once again literalism and taking hyperbole / dramatic poetic language as fact when the actual game clearly disagrees with you.

What statements? Persephone states that it is time for everything that ever came before to end. That isn't a Facebook statement. She states that once the pillar is destroyed, the world will revert back into Chaos.

And the "all of creation" Facebook statement isn't a Word of God response nor is it just on Facebook, it was also present on the official Website for the game. That timeline was literally meant to recapitulate everything that happened on the God of War franchise in order to inform viewers who didn't remember the games. It is official, thought-of-in-depth and valid.

> Zeus doesn't rule the universe. His reach never goes beyond the flat Earth he rules over. Nothing in the games ever goes beyond such a limited scale and trying to claim that Zeus can control the universe is absurd.

Zeus is stated to have taken control of the universe from Cronos's hands by two different sources, actually.

And this is a strawman, I said that he RULED the cosmos, the same way Mundus rules the Demon World or Disney Zeus rules the universe despite being nowhere near tier 3, not that he can control it as in warping it.

> All "wog" stating this is wrong. We see in the flashbacks that events happened in a linear fashion before Cronos was born. Cronos isn't even the God of Time, he's the God of Harvest. The Primordial God of Time is Chronos, who is a different guy.

Cronos in God of War is also the God of Time. That's why the Steeds of Time, which were created by Cronos have their name reference as much. And Chronos doesn't exist in GoW, which only has 6 confirmed Primordials, those being Uranus, Chaos, Ceto, Ourea, Nyx and Thanatos

> The Underworld is stated to be "endless" in a instruction manual that had a dude saying he wanted to give that sensation by detailing the horizon and making it clear that it stretched beyond it. As the underworld is literally the underside of the planet, with the planet crashing into it destroying the whole underworld (Main plot of Chains of Olympus), it isn't infinite.

Hades, the main portion of the Underworld, is not infinite. What is infinite is Tartarus, the pits that surround it in the background. And there are multiple statements throughout the guides. There is a God of War 1 statement where it is outright stated to be

The Underworld also contains stars, as can be seen if you have a careful eye on God of War 1.

The main plot of Chains of Olympus has nothing to do with the Earth crashing down. It does, but not in the light you're painting it as. Persephone literally states that she will perish as well, yet if it was as simple as just avoiding two planes crashing into each other that wouldn't be a problem.

You haven't. Your thread is literally a repeat of your past November thread which is a repeat of a Kepekley thread from 2017 which uses some blogs and imgur links as evidence.

And here we find ourselves on the funnest circle ever seen on Earth. Why are you insisting on prolonguing this talk?

Again, I quote myself:

No, all we have is a scan saying that Uranus is the father of the universe in the comics. Literally every universe creation myth we have in the Greek Games is different. It's either Nyx, Chaos, Uranus, or all the Primordials. And as we see in Ascension, it is all the Primordials combined. Not just Uranus.

Cronos killing Uranus is an outlier, that much is obvious.

Said WoG is twitter posts that nobody accepts. Said statement is blatantly poetic and it is wielded by a titan who's not remotely that powerful. Some amount of honesty is required here, you take things far too literally for your own good. You need to accept that poetic language and hyperbole is common in fiction.

The World Pillar holds the God of War world, ie the planet, which is literally flat. The threat to creation refers to the destruction of the world. And reverting the world back into Chaos is a High 6-A thing as seen in God of War 3.

And the "All of existence" and "cosmos" statements come from Facebook posts which are not valid. Once again literalism and taking hyperbole / dramatic poetic language as fact when the actual game clearly disagrees with you.

Zeus doesn't rule the universe. His reach never goes beyond the flat Earth he rules over. Nothing in the games ever goes beyond such a limited scale and trying to claim that Zeus can control the universe is absurd.

All "wog" stating this is wrong. We see in the flashbacks that events happened in a linear fashion before Cronos was born. Cronos isn't even the God of Time, he's the God of Harvest. The Primordial God of Time is Chronos, who is a different guy.

We don't see any Nyx dimension in-game. Nyx never even appears in game.

The Underworld is stated to be "endless" in a instruction manual that had a dude saying he wanted to give that sensation by detailing the horizon and making it clear that it stretched beyond it. As the underworld is literally the underside of the planet, with the planet crashing into it destroying the whole underworld (Main plot of Chains of Olympus), it isn't infinite.

Reopened this thread again after a huge discussion on Discord with me, Assalt, Acheron and Matt on Discord, because I'm legitimately interested in this topic now. Gonna play Devil's Advocate for both sides.

We seem to have an issue here, if I do say so myself.

We appear to be dismissing every single statement made by the characters, guides and authors as non-literal, non-intended, hyperbole, and literalistic or false. Why don't we do that with every other non tier 3 implication too? For all we know the World Pillar only holds up a small portion of the world, not even at least the planet.

Also, let's please stop with this blatantly false and rejected stuff about the God of War Sun being small. I have debunked this multiple times and there was an immense thread where everyone agreed that the universe in God of War is a literal universe.

Helios' Chariot is not the actual Sun. Let's see what the narration says about it:

So, Gaia tells us that the Sun plummeted through the sky. Except she makes this statement in the point of view of explaining the thoughts of Kratos, a mortal who knows next to nothing about the cosmology or events in the verse aside from what happens to him.

Let's see what Gaia tells the audience as an Omniscient and Neutral Narrator who has been around ever since the creation of Earth and the end of the Primordial War explaining the verse's lore:

So, we know that the Chariot acts as a medium from which Helios channels his power to light up the Earth beneath, making it similar to a Sun. The chariot itself is not the Sun with a capital S except to uninformed ordinary humans. When Kratos uses the Chariot to drive himself to the Underworld, absolutely nothing happens to the world nor is it lit up, so we know the Chariot doesn't act by itself.

Finally, God of War 3 gives us the answer on this topic. The Chariot is not the actual Sun, but merely a personification of the Sun as viewed by the mortals.

The chariot gets destroyed and crushed under Perses' hands, and absolutely nothing happens to the world. It's only when Helios, who embodies the Sun, dies that you can see the Sun, with the capital S, a true ball of plasma in the sky, being blotted out by storm clouds.

So no, God of War doesn't have a false Sun. Never had. Just a false interpretation of the statements we're given. God of War Ascension explicitly shows us a real universe with real stars and nebulae being created, the Multiplayer explicitly mentions a weapon being forged in the core/heart of the actual Sun, and Ares, as far back as the very first game, even created an illusion that contained a galaxy, showing that galaxies exist and are known to the Greek Gods.

The only non-real piece of cosmology is the Earth's status as flat.

Why are you re-opning this topic aftergame, gran it got closed so many times? Seriously, why is that?ted.

And you do understand my point about the sun is that in the context of God of War Chains of Olympus, Helios' temple is the sun. It stops being it in the very next

But that wasn't even the main point of contention in this thread, the main point is the notion of a pillar which is only stated to hold up the world, as in a flat planet, being interpreted as a universal centerpole because of vague guide / facebook statement that utilize words like "Cosmos" and "everything" in ambiguous, non-literal manners.

Why do you ask a question and close a thread before people can answer it? Please stop closing the thread.

I hadn't even read the topic before today, I just bought into what the three people who were flooding me were saying. I rechecked and saw tons of misconceptions that aren't accepted here being used as arguments, so I reopened it.

There's really no need to re-open the thread, it's been closed multiple times now and it's basically forgotten. You're literally contradicting yourself now, Kep. And you admitting that you just bought into what people flooded you on Discord with is very bad, and just confirms a lot of my suspicions. Must we continue a discussion that is positively going nowhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back