• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Norse Pantheon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, since my old thread was linked, it appears as if a majority of the people who disagreed with that thread are now agreeing with Kep's arguments here (going by the OP). I want to know if some of these people would be willing to talk with me on Discord, where I can clarify my points and quesitons much more closely?

If my original arguments are still rejected that's fine, since at least the Norse Games are actually being treated correctly.

"Except shaking multiple timelines is 2-C. We had a thread on this. "

Can you send me a link to this thread?

"Did you read the actual blog? Yggdrasil transcends all of the realms and their space-times ands its very existence supports the existence of the realms. Splintering Yggdrasil is at the very least a 2-C feat. And this is a splintered tree "

Yes, I know what a splintered Tree looks like. And you can certainly splinter a tree if you hit the thing enough times with the ax. As I said, I agree, and that's why I said it's a 2-C feat. A 2-C feat IF you destroy the whole thing. Splintering the tree by shacking it violently enough, isn't even remotely comparable to destroying it - Which is what I would consider it a 2-C feat. Again, should be just unquantifiable - Unless things changed with how we consider shacking feats, but I'll need to see the other thread first.

"Mimir himself supports and states that Ymir's blood is cosmic in scale before the feat is recounted. And the argument against it is literally "it is ridiculous to assume that what Mimir said is true, we should assume it is done through other than means". That's not reasonable. "

Fine, I guess I'm okay with this being a justification if his blood was somehow dangerous enough to wipe the whole thing out.

"How is it unclear again? It is literally stated that Surtur hones his sword every day in order to slay the Aesir when Ragnarok comes, and even then Thor and Odin manage to defeat him and while he is dying he uses his sword to perform the feat. This is extremely clear-cut. "

The Sword is powerful enough to be 2-C. We don't know if his Durability should scale to the sword, and we also don't know if Thor is powerful enough to survive a direct blow from the sword. My point is there isn't enough information to say if everyone should scale to the sword.

> Can you send me a link to this thread?

I'll retrieve it when I have the time to - but shaking multiple timelines is very much treated as a 2-C feat, since it is akin to affecting the entirety of multiple space-time continuums.

> Yes, I know what a splintered Tree looks like. And you can certainly splinter a tree if you hit the thing enough times with the ax. As I said, I agree, and that's why I said it's a 2-C feat. A 2-C feat IF you destroy the whole thing. Splintering the tree by shacking it violently enough, isn't even remotely comparable to destroying it - Which is what I would consider it a 2-C feat. Again, should be just unquantifiable.

This is false. Yggdrasil in God of War is stated to have every strand transcend both time and space in all of the realms and holds all of them in its branches, and when it is damaged it causes a massive time distortion throughout all of the realms.

Read - every single strand (which means "fiber") of the tree is stated to transcend the spacetime of all the realms together. I linked the exact statement in the blog.

Splintering it at all being a 2-C feat is already a lowball - the only thing that is unquantifiable about the feat is how much higher than destroying the 9 realms it is, so we just lowball it and assume it's equivalent to destroying all the realms (which, considering the scale of the statement, is a hilarious low-end)

> The Sword is powerful enough to be 2-C. We don't know if his Durability should scale to the sword, and we also don't know if Thor is powerful enough to survive a direct blow from the sword. My point is there isn't enough information to say if everyone should scale to the sword.

There is information. Mimir literally states that Surtr improves his sword every day in order to fight the Aesir with it, and both Thor and Odin have a large-scale fight with Surtr and eventually defeat him in a fight. That's a pretty clear-cut scaling.

Shaking multiple Space-Time continuums would at least be a range feat, and would usually be an Attack Potency feat. If they're shaking the Timelines themselves, it's easily AP. If they're just shaking all physical objects across all timelines; which seems unlikely, it's still range but not AP.

Still leaning towards 2-C if not possibly, but At least 4-A sounds like a bare minimum.

Giygas3 said:
"How is it unclear again? It is literally stated that Surtur hones his sword every day in order to slay the Aesir when Ragnarok comes, and even then Thor and Odin manage to defeat him and while he is dying he uses his sword to perform the feat. This is extremely clear-cut. "

The Sword is powerful enough to be 2-C. We don't know if his Durability should scale to the sword, and we also don't know if Thor is powerful enough to survive a direct blow from the sword. My point is there isn't enough information to say if everyone should scale to the sword.
I'd like to throw my own argument in here, if Surtur had gotten his sword so powerful that it was mind numbingly beyond the Aesir he wouldn't have a reason to wait any longer to go on the attack, assuming you discount equal and opposite forces sorta requiring him to be somewhat comparable to his sword.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...113468856008734/God_of_War_20180729141343.png

Aside from the two statements regarding Surtr's feat, there is this third triptych which portrays Surtur holding his sword, which outright states that he fought and killed one of the Aesir before being beaten by Thor and Odin at Ragnarok.

The translation being:

"Ragnarok, Thor, Odin. Blaze of Surtr."

"Before Surtr slays one of the Aesir, he smiles as he burns down Asgard and the world."

"This is false. Yggdrasil in God of War is stated to have every strand transcend both time and space in all of the realms and holds all of them in its branches, and when it is damaged it causes a massive time distortion throughout all of the realms."

Okay.

"There is information. Mimir literally states that Surtr improves his sword every day in order to fight the Aesir with it, and both Thor and Odin have a large-scale fight with Surtr and eventually defeat him in a fight. That's a pretty clear-cut scaling. "

I'm just looking through your reasonings that you gave on this thread. None of the videos that you linked stated anything about Surtr improving his sword just to fight Aesir with it.

Change my mind. I guess "At least 4-A, possibly or likely 2-C" works.

> None of the videos that you linked stated anything about Surtr improving his sword just to fight Aesir with it.

Mimir states:

• "Surtr forged his flame sword for one purpose alone - to burn down Asgard when Ragnarok comes at last. His destiny is to fall at the hands of Thor and Odin"
Thor and Odin are Aesir, if that is confusing.

And then:

• "Until Ragnarok comes, alone he waits in Muspelheim, ever sleeping, ever honing his fiery sword."
I also posted a new scan which I only recently got informed of, that is a bit more clear on that as well, stating that Surtr manages to kill one of the Aesir before being felled by Thor and Odin.

""Surtr forged his flame sword for one purpose alone - to burn down Asgard when Ragnarok comes at last."

And then "Until Ragnarok comes, alone he waits in Muspelheim, ever sleeping, ever honing his fiery sword."

He's honing his fiery sword. This says nothing about he's honing it just to fight Aesir with it. But thank you for proving this other information.

Not that I know of. Unless someone brings up anything that hasn't been addressed, I think this thread can be considered concluded.

Well, the only thing that seems to be left to do is creating a separate thread regarding deciding whether scaling the Greek Gods would be appropriate. but I am going to contact some people before even trying to do that myself and it's definitely not appropriate for this thread at least.

Matthew Schroeder said:
We will talk about it on Discord. There's no need to get riled up over this, we'll handle the situation.
I'll be frank in a way that isn't ment to be a joke this time, pleas don't talk down to people, it will only lead to more hostility with users here and in other places and believe me that's the last thing I want, this place deserves far more respect then it gets on the internet.

Darkmon cns, regarding the Matthew Schroeder's rile up point, you did say that you were venting when addressing Matthew Schroeder. I do believe, in this case, Matt made the correct judgment.

Darkmon cns

Look I need to get this off my chest, there were few people that agreed to your 'agument' and it was the only thing they said, the only person that did discuss after changed his mind. No one active on this thread but you seems to be as opposed to this and so few people in total agreed with your argument you made at all, I just can't see how you can justify an 'agument' like with the flood and when 'Giy' made a more understandable agreement you dropped the flood nonsense and restated what he said.

^^^^

I wasing trying to make it seem like a joke suppose I didn't do a very good job looking back but I didn't actually say she was wrong to remove it I expected it to get removed, my other comment above was actually ment to be unrelated.

Edit:I was referring to the "we"ll handle the situation" part when I made my comment because it felt like something you'd say to a child, I don't believe that was Matt's intention tho

TriforcePower1 said:
I agree with "At least 4-A, possibly 2-C"
Just like Castlevania, all according to Keikaku
Translator's note Keikaku means cake.

~~and I don't know how to cross out wikia text~~

So, back from the gym.

I think it's safe to say this is by far the most consensus and unanimity we will ever get on the topic up until the next game rolls out in 2020+, so I will apply the upgrades now.

Darkmon cns said:
KratosSolosDBUniverse said:
Name Fallacy :eyes:
I'm.... 60% that one isn't on the Fallacy page, 60% sure.
It's a fallacious argument in saying that because it has the name it must be true. For example, Vegeta's big bang attack fires with the force of a big bang. That's what you call a name fallacy.

Anyway, I can accept "At least 4-A, likely higher" or whatever because I think that the realms being all universal in size is highly speculative and based on assumptions that the Nordic Myth Universe is identical in size and nature to the real world universe.

I prefer to go by what we can observe in-game, which are realms with skies that contain stars and nebualae.

If Kepekley23 is right in his analysis, there will be more evidence on the nature of the realms in the future.

I disagree. First off all, Midgard is the point of contention here (and not the other realms) and the other realms scale to its size via statements. Midgard is literally our universe inhabited by Norse Gods. Even ignoring the implication that galaxies are depicted in drawings of the night sky in-game, the series has a clear precedent of real universes beforehand with the Greek Earth having a real universe surrounding it.

Evidence that Midgard is smaller is what should actually be provided here, not the opposite. That's our standard practice. Cosmology is the same unless otherwise suggested. I just can't see otherwise without evidence, my apologies.

Midgard is the Nordic Universe, but assuming that it is identical to our universe is a stretch without proof.

The Greek Earth having a real universe was only proven with Ascension when we actually saw visuals of it. Before that we didn't know much of the cosmology beyond just the Earth. Maybe if we get visuals in a future game I'll accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back