• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
I made Magni's profile a few days ago, and it turns out I missed resistances on his page:
I'm not sure whether Thor would scale to any of Magni's Resistances, like the SEI, SR and Deconstruction, though apparently he should already have it via Electricity Berserker Hilts. Dunno what the scans are or what the justifications would be. If anyone can help with that, it would be great

Speaking of Thor, was it ever said that Eitr poison is the reason that the wound on his stomach never healed? Thor could endure numerous hits from the Leviathan Axe afterwards without any noticeable effect from the Eitr poison (aka Resistance), plus he doesn't have any kind of Regen. So can the Eitr poison part of his Weaknesses section be removed?

EDIT: As it stands now, since getting Resistance to Light of Alfheim via Atreus' arrows is very iffy given its nature, characters like Alva should have their resistances removed. Baldur can only keep his Resistance for his Invulnerability curse, and it's certainly not gonna be by Atreus' arrows

Last edited:
Er, I'm unsure of this. We obviously don't give every single character ever hit with the Axe resistance to its powers since some of them tanking it is game mechanics and balancing. And secondary material like the 2018 Novelization confirms for us that every Draugr, monster and lesser creature gets one-shot or killed near immediately so it doesn't create any issues.

Magni sorta gets curbed in that same novelization by one swing. And the Light Arrow stuff is very touch-and-go cause like, and I hate sounding like it's a whataboutism, but like Freya and Odin can't tank something a Tazelwurm can?

Neutral. I'll wait on KLOL for how we go about this.

@KLOL506 @Theglassman12 @Lonkitt @LephyrTheRevanchist @Maverick_Zero_X @KingTempest

Input would be appreciated.

And the Light Arrow stuff is very touch-and-go cause like, and I hate sounding like it's a whataboutism, but like Freya and Odin can't tank something a Tazelwurm can?
KLOL is the one who told me that Magni resisting Light of Alfheim arrows was missing, but yeah, it does seem sus

Also, what about this part at least?
apparently he should already have it via Electricity Berserker Hilts. Dunno what the scans are or what the justifications would be. If anyone can help with that, it would be great

Speaking of Thor, was it ever said that Eitr poison is the reason that the wound on his stomach never healed? Thor could endure numerous hits from the Leviathan Axe afterwards without any noticeable effect from the Eitr poison (aka Resistance), plus he doesn't have any kind of Regen. So can the Eitr poison part of his Weaknesses section be removed?

Last edited:
It's ambiguous. Eitr is indeed poison but nothing and no one ever really mentions it or confirms that it's the reason he doesn't heal. Also, Thor just takes a lot of hits that he doesn't heal like with the Blades. It's pretty likely that Thor just has no regeneration at all.
It's vaguely implied Thor was poisoned, one of them atreus dialogue has it talking about one if the asgardians thinking Thor is poisoned tho i need to find the scan

For now, take me as neutral for Magni, as this isn't really cut and dry as Thor (And even then the latter gets his internals destroyed completely by the BoC and Draupnir and never heals from it).

Also no, Thor would have no chance of scaling to the LoA resistances like this. So count me as a disagree on that front.

Freya's statement and the actual circumstances of Freyr's fall pretty much killed the chance of anyone but Kratos and maybe Atreus resisting The Light, since they're the only ones that actually touch the main shaft and don't die.

It's ambiguous. Eitr is indeed poison but nothing and no one ever really mentions it or confirms that it's the reason he doesn't heal. Also, Thor just takes a lot of hits that he doesn't heal like with the Blades. It's pretty likely that Thor just has no regeneration at all.
Honestly I don't think it's ever mentioned in GOW canon at all beyond that one conversation from Forseti saying Thor might have been poisoned

Freya's statement and the actual circumstances of Freyr's fall pretty much killed the chance of anyone but Kratos and maybe Atreus resisting The Light, since they're the only ones that actually touch the main shaft and don't die.
So should Alva and Baldur have their resistances against the Light of Alfheim be removed then?

I think Baldur is fair game due to his invulnerability nullifying Magical threats
The current scaling for Baldur comes from Atreus' Light Arrows, and afaik, most of the final fight of Kratos and Atreus vs Baldur was after the curse was removed

So the Resistances can stay but only for his curse? The justification may need to be reworded then

The current scaling for Baldur comes from Atreus' Light Arrows, and afaik, most of the final fight of Kratos and Atreus vs Baldur was after the curse was removed

So the Resistances can stay but only for his curse? The justification may need to be reworded then
Baldur is magic immune so he'd be fine anyway but the resistance via Light Arrows can go.

Alva can likely lose hers, yeah.

So should Alva and Baldur have their resistances against the Light of Alfheim be removed then?
Baldur is magic immune so he'd be fine anyway but the resistance via Light Arrows can go.

Yeah my suggestion is he'd get a tabber for the Curse, since he seemingly loses abilities there
I agree with this. I've heard that Baldur is supposed to have a separate Curseless key too
This is what the thread is currently discussing. The OP is pretty much nulled aside from Thor's Eitr poison thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back