• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Laufey vs. Baldur (God of War)

Lacku

He/Him
Baldur comes to Midgard and actually finds the person he was looking for.

(Baldur’s Curse is lifted, Fight takes place at Laufey and Kratos' Cabin)

All Giants are Jotunns but not all Jotunns are Giant:

Still thought she'd be taller:

Kratos comes back from the store:

Last edited:
Was wondering when somebody would create a match once Faye's profile was finally made. Now, it should be clear whether or not Baldur has his curse active. If he does, that makes things much more difficult for Faye since his curse would let him come back from any damage she could deal. Though the time it would take for him to recover from more severe injuries like a severed head is unclear, since it took him an unknown amount of time to heal from a broken neck. Regardless, I'm going to vote for Baldur since he's got more in his arsenal with his light manipulation and other powers thanks to his ability to absorb magic.

What can Faye even do here?
Cut off Baldur's head or snap his neck. Remember she fought against a drunk Thor, who's been shown to be stronger than Baldur. Even while drunk, I don'gt imagine Thor was that much weaker than he'd be sober. That, or just have Baldur's curse be removed.

Cut off Baldur's head or snap his neck. Remember she fought against a drunk Thor, who's been shown to be stronger than Baldur. Even while drunk, I don'gt imagine Thor was that much weaker than he'd be sober. That, or just have Baldur's curse be removed.
Cut of Baldur's head
What part of "invulnerable to all threats, physical or magical" do you not get? Thor's stronger but it's not like he gores out Baldur with ease. And that's curseless Baldur, let alone this one.

Snap his neck
Even assuming that somehow she did this, Baldur gets back up without issue eventually and keeps fighting?

What part of "invulnerable to all threats, physical or magical" do you not get? Thor's stronger but it's not like he gores out Baldur with ease. And that's curseless Baldur, let alone this one.

Even assuming that somehow she did this, Baldur gets back up without issue eventually and keeps fighting?
Well even with the curse, Kratos still snapped his neck and incapacitated him, and we don't know how long it took for Baldur to recover. VS battle rules say that if the opponent is incapacitated for more than an hour, then it's a victory.

Well even with the curse, Kratos still snapped his neck and incapacitated him, and we don't know how long it took for Baldur to recover. VS battle rules say that if the opponent is incapacitated for more than an hour, then it's a victory.
We can't assume it took like, days with no reason. Heck, based on what we see of the other wounds, he'd likely have recovered immediately after being thrown off of the cliff. Heck, if the Easter Egg is anything to go by, he was likely recovering mid-fall.

We can't assume it took like, days with no reason. Heck, based on what we see of the other wounds, he'd likely have recovered immediately after being thrown off of the cliff. Heck, if the Easter Egg is anything to go by, he was likely recovering mid-fall.
Then why didn't he go after Kratos again if it was that instantaneous?

Then why didn't he go after Kratos again if it was that instantaneous?
He got his ass kicked and he went to get his nephews to help. Or he just felt like trying later on after figuring out who Kratos was trying to protect. Or he went to report to Odin about his find.

I think I’ve seen some matchups featuring him with the spell removed so to make this more fair I’ll take away the curse from Baldur
I dunno how those got passed then. Rules don't really allow that as the profile is currently.

I wonder if Freya can simply give herself the Invulnerability Curse in a Vs thread...
Probably. Then again, she was riddled with PIS in Ragnarok for the plot to move on, else she'd have just gifted the fighters the curse and a piece of mistletoe to break it afterwards.

Or animated an army of Jotunn corpses for the battle of Ragnarok. Or just sent herself and the gang away from Asgard herself, since she can do that.

Would be mega-OoC anyways.

Probably. Then again, she was riddled with PIS in Ragnarok for the plot to move on, else she'd have just gifted the fighters the curse and a piece of mistletoe to break it afterwards.
By then, the curse’s weakness had already been discovered, since Heimdall outright called Freya Queen Misletoe. Odin probably would’ve gotten a stock of misletoe for his army or given them a way to summon mistletoe if Freya did indeed give them the curse. And again, Freya placing the curse on her allies completely goes against her character development, even if it’s only for pragmatic reasons.

Back