• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Greek Pantheon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Assalt is Neutral on this issue and doesn't disagree with tier 3 and up. I talked with him and his issue is literally about Infinite Speed breaking the setting on the majority of franchises out there, not the reasoning for God of War's tiers. He disagrees with Infinite Speed because he doesn't think any franchise which doesn't have their characters not be shown fighting and moving on-screen is worthy of Infinite Speed. Might be misinterpreting him a bit but this is roughly what he told me, at least.

The majority seems to agree that Kep makes sense and frankly it's plain as day in my view. Those who disagree seem to be bringing up raw irrelevancies ike "Myth Cronos isn't the god of time" or stuff like "The Earth came before Cronos", which has no relevance to anything and is frankly nonsensical. Even overanalyzing as much as you possibly can in order to prevent an upgrade the argumens are still easy to counter.

Not exactly 3 tiers, 2 tiers.

They have a definite At least 3-A, and then two Possibly tiers.

Updated the agreement and disagreement counter.

Now I'm going to sleep and will see this early tomorrow

You can update the first post to that I am neutral regarding the issue.

Do we have enough staff and user agreement to apply the upgrades by now, or should I request more input? Eirther way, I'll proceed with my next two blogs on the matter.

The feat is that they spin all the threads of life, fate and death all at once. Clotho states that it is from her threads that all life on Earth is born. The scans are on that blog above.

Assuming "all life on Earth" only refers to non-microscopic life/only actual surface life, the number of which is >10 quintillion, and that each thread is about five meters in length, you have 50 quintillion meters. Then you divide that by the fact that they're said to do this in the precise instants, such as the instant in which a life ends and the brain function ceases, and you have a minimum timeframe of 0.1s for neural speeds.

That is, needless to say, so high into MFTL that it isn't funny.

Interesting And it should be even higher because it accounts for nonliving things too huh Although what would be considered as an object the Fates would control I guess would be up for debate, since we only really hear about landmasses and stuff

Enacting the upgrades seems to be fine.

You're lord unconfirmed?

The alias "Lord Unconfirmed" has been on my "aka..." here for a while, but yes.

CR/WWW just has a different standard of evidence and how it views feat interpretation. It saying that Kratos and Co. are weaker than they're listed on here doesn't make them wrong or something. Considering the back and forth you two had there seems to be evidence supporting either side of the argument.

As for the thread I find the speed calc weird considering they can time travel and alter events in history. Could be hax based rather than speed based. For the upgrades I got nothing to comment on since I've only really played GoW2 and some of 3.

Yes, I am not challenging CharacterRant's interpretation method of on-screen feats going over lore feats being legitimate on their own website, just noting that you can't try to apply different stanards to different standards.

Qawsedf234 said:
As for the thread I find the speed calc weird considering they can time travel and alter events in history. Could be hax based rather than speed based.
They can only time travel through the usage of mirrors and they manipulate fate by using said threads to begin with. Plus, the narration describes it as them working to weave the "countless" threads themselves.

Plus, the rant done on /r/CharacterRant by that one guy regarding tier 3/2 Kratos was horrible and full of holes. I understand that they use game mechanics and pure AoE to rate feats, but the actual counter-arguments they used against the lore feats were horrible. I countered plenty of arguments used by them there in my original OP linked in the above thread.

Yeah, I'm nearly done with my blog which we will link on the profiles for those wondering where all the upgrades came from.

Hellbeast1 said:
Damn so that's like Quadrillions of times FTL yeah?
Based on the information I got here it seems like it would be trillions c at the minimum (And just for fun I wanted to figure out with these assumptions how long all these threads must be in total and if there was this many, (this isn't denying the feat btw I just find it wacky) it would cover the Earth's entire surface area 254 billion times)

Even if you lowballed the described number and size of the threads it would still come up to something that would dwarf the Earth in size linearly, considering they are stated to have threads for at the very freaking' last every human being and every animal, land or water, so there would need to be more threads than there is room on Earth regardless.

It is likely that the Sisters' palace contains a pocket dimension inside it, which gets more likely once you remember there are mirrors which lead to different points in history and time in there.

I will do it tomorrow since I don't have the time right now.

But this is the accepted tiering: "At least 3-A, likely Low 2-C to 2-C"

And those are all the profiles that will need the upgrade

Also, I'm thinking we should merge the Primordials' page into a single Uranus page, since he is basically the one with all the big feats and every other Primordial either scales to him or only has one feat of their own, like Nyx.

The pages will likely need to be admin-locked after this upgrade is performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back