• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Greek Pantheon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to analyze the lower speed feats:

Relativistic is literally the yield of a feat that the narrator describes as Zeus performing so casually and effortlessly that it's like "he shooed away a fly"

The other feat assumes Helios' light is as fast as real light which isn't the case.

And the lightspeed dash is literally performed by absolute fodders who are imbued with a small, small, small fraction of Zeus' powers, with Zeus while serious having his own version of that dash in God of War 2.

All MHS+ feats are performed assuming Zeus' lightning is as fast as real lightning, by feats it is considerably higher.

I will unsubscribe from this thread. You seem to have things under control now.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Helios' light is as fast as real light, I am sorry.
How is this a meaningful rebuttal or response? Just saying "it is!" isn't any sort of argument.

Helios' powers are not sourced from real light as has been proven with actual statements in this thread. It is not forced to be bound by the speed of light.

Assaltwaffle said:
So what's the argument for speed? That's what I'm most concerned with here.
The following

MFTL+:

• The Primordials were pretty much initially the size of the universe and fought each other for a while
  • The Sisters of Fate can spin what must be quadrillions to quintillions of several meter-long threads all at once (since they are stated to have threads for every lifeform on Earth, as well as the landscape like forests, volcanoes, rivers and continents)
And for Infinite we have these:

• Helios' Power was able to illuminate an infinite plane
  • The Primordials fought before time existed
  • The Valkyries from the new Norse Game have a feat on this level by traveling to other realms through sheer motion (something I'm still analyzing)
And for lower speed feats than that, we have a few very casual Relativistic feats, and one Lightspeed feat from an absolute fodder who has a small, tiny fraction of the power of one of the God-Tiers.

Assaltwaffle said:
May I ask why normal Olympians scale to Primordials?

Also I think Infinite is pretty sketchy.
Not normal Olympians, but god-tier ones.

• Helios is able to beat Nyx in a fight
  • Cronos beat his father Uranus (who was the the main Primordial who created the universe)
  • Kratos beat up Thanatos.

Everything show doesn't depict such speeds, cinematic timing or otherwise. Fighting before time may just be poetic, especially when we see them moving in their fight as they spawn galaxies. Helios' light may just shine directly down, giving him infinite range but not infinite speed.

> Everything show doesn't depict such speeds, cinematic timing or otherwise

Illuminating an infinite plane, realm-traveling via sheer speed and fighting in a timeless void constitute as feats of such speed.

> Fighting before time may just be poetic

Nobody says they fight before time, we discern that because time in the series was spawned when Cronos appeared, and the Primordials precede Cronos. No poesy needed.

> especially when we see them moving

Every single character who fights in a timeless void would suffer from this reasoning in a downgrade, absolutely no exceptions.

> Helios' light may just shine directly dow

Helios' light was outright stated to have illuminated all of that area.

Except if that were true all of the underworld would be uniformily covered in bright white light, which is not what happened.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Except if that were true all of the underworld would be uniformily covered in bright white light, which is not what happened.
As I said before in direct debunk to this: If it were an uniform light you wouldn't be able to see the gameplay and would be blinded by it, infinite light or otherwise. Helios' light is, lowballing, more intense than the Sun and it is far closer than the Sun. Literally kilometers above Kratos. The Russian Meteor of 2013 was in atmospheric distances and it still blinded everyone who saw it with an intense light. Let's not nitpick the portrayal here, especially when the statement is clear.

And you do realize that is not necessarily the case? Lighting up the Underworld the same way the Sun does Earth would already qualify.

You can't use gameplay to justify handwaving blasic physics, it's not a nitpick, it's just a matter of being logical.

You can use visual gameplay portrayal but apparently I can't explain to you why your counter makes no sense from the visual gameplay perspective you're using. It's indeed a nitpick.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also on Cronos, is he not dead? Time did not cease without him.
I explained this above as well. The Cronos you fight on the game is a completely depowered version. Cronos on his prime as shown in the Great War and when he ate his children is the one who is stated by multiple sources to have created time and to be the time deity.

Wait so if his powers were absorbed by Zeus and Zeus became the embodiment of time, when Kratos defeated Zeus why didn't time end? Did Kratos absorb the powers again and became the embodiment of time as well?

Also, absolutely nothing suggests time would need to cease to exist after Cronos' death either, he created it, he isn't an abstract personification of it or shit.

This is not true in the slightest. Zeus didn't absorb Cronos' power nor is Cronos the embodiment of time, he's the god of harvest, and time already moved linearly before Cronos was even born. Cronos is younger than the Earth.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is not true in the slightest. Zeus didn't absorb Cronos' power nor is Cronos the embodiment of time, he's the god of harvest, and time already moved linearly before Cronos was even born. Cronos is younger than the Earth.
The scans explicitly state Cronos got depowered after losing the war. Saying otherwise requires nonexistent-until-otherwise-shown evidence.

Cronos isn't the God of Harvest in God of War. Original mythology is irrelevant to God of War lore and doesn't matter. Even God of War 2 calls horses forged by Cronos himself as creatures "of Time". The representation is more than obvious there.

Cronos is younger than the Earth much in the same way Time is younger than whatever God creates it in any verse.

Assaltwaffle said:
Depowered as in not sustaining time itself anymore? Wouldn't him being stripped of his power also cause time to cease?
And no to this as well.

We've been talking and I think we just have irreconcilable differences in regards to speed standards. I am extremely conservative in regards to infinite speed feats to the point of most of the site probably disagreeing with me.

Yeah, Assalt has some issues with the vast majority of people who have Infinite Speed in this site in general due to it breaking the majority of settings.

By the way I will be going off for 2 hours or so, be back after that.

Hmm I'd personally have Helios and co at 3-A for his defeating Nyx with those above them at At least Low 2-C likely 2-C

(I'm responding to Windgod's blog)

Nyx scales to Low 2-C, she participated in the war between the Primordials and therefore needs to be comparable in power to Uranus who fought the version of Cronos who had the Low 2-C feat (Prime Cronos is very likely considerably stronger than he was when he beat his father). Also, Thanatos is likely the strongest Primordial and he's not too superior to Helios or Ares (the latter being the 4th strongest Olympian)

"At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C to 2-C" is, in my view, a middle ground that avoids both wanking and downplaying the characters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back