• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to elaborate on the whole argument myself but somehow Planck always finds better words to show for it than I do.

Regardless, while they were different threads, the logic is still the same, and if it didn't work then, it won't work here now. And we still can't seem to come to an agreement, so that's why I literally said we agree to disagree and let staff handle it from here onwards because this back-and-forth of the same repeated arguments will do nothing but clutter the thread further. We've done our piece, we gave our arguments, there are no more new points to be made anymore, now we let the actual head honchos deal with it.

I hope this is still relevant

While it's true GoW lacking some explicit mathematical dimension explanation and such. I think GoW already have indirect logic and mathematical reasoning properties based on premise and conclusion throughout entire lore or game story. Of course The used of mathematics as reference framework (especially the mathematical concept of size) to ensure the premise and conclusion is consistent.

For example the statement "Nine Realms" in GoW already contain mathematical properties in it.
Another example is the existence flow of time in GoW already imply that it contain mathematical properties of size such as (X,Y.Z,T) cartesian coordinate.

I hope this is still relevant

While it's true GoW lacking some explicit mathematical dimension explanation and such. I think GoW already have indirect logic and mathematical reasoning properties based on premise and conclusion throughout entire lore or game story. Of course The used of mathematics as reference framework (especially the mathematical concept of size) to ensure the premise and conclusion is consistent.

For example the statement "Nine Realms" in GoW already contain mathematical properties in it.
You don't need mathematical dimensions for low 1-C.

Each object has mathematical properties except abstracts.

Also for your argument, I don't think it is relevant whether the verse establishes some mathematical references or not

Last edited:
I wanted to elaborate on the whole argument myself but somehow Planck always finds better words to show for it than I do.

Regardless, while they were different threads, the logic is still the same, and if it didn't work then, it won't work here now. And we still can't seem to come to an agreement, so that's why I literally said we agree to disagree and let staff handle it from here onwards because this back-and-forth of the same repeated arguments will do nothing but clutter the thread further. We've done our piece, we gave our arguments, there are no more new points to be made anymore, now we let the actual head honchos deal with it.
So... Majority of the staff agree with the OP, only a few people and a staff have some issues, but I think we gave them very clear answers as well. Statements are simple and clear

You don't need mathematical dimensions for low 1-C.
Yes that is true. To elaborate more i think every fiction have implicit mathematical logic/reasoning behind it's lore. Now The question is if the lore has logic/reasoning which involve higher level of infinity. We observe in God of War lore to find consistency between premise and logic, and we use mathematics reference to determine the tiering...

I don't see how it is not controversial given the fact that one admin has disagreed, and 3 pages has been made as far. This type of passive rashness can be avoided.

I don't see how it is not controversial given the fact that one admin has disagreed, and 3 pages has been made as far. This type of passive rashness can be avoided.
I am not saying we should rush anything. Just waiting for someone who clearly dosen't gave a single **** about the series is not necessary.

Bruh, that's a very low standard for controversy on this site.

And anyway, I'm willing to wait the 48 hours but no I'm not letting my thread get bogged down DC style.

Isn't don't talk well versed in tier 1? Did anyone called him here?
DT has asked not to be pestered in the past and he is far busier with other important threads. Plus I honestly do not see why this can't be done with the staff we have tagged, just chill, they'll be more than adequate to handle this, we still have 2 days to go.

And anyway, I'm willing to wait the 48 hours but no I'm not letting my thread get bogged down DC style.
Glad you got better mindset than most of systematical abusers which is somehow still allowed and valid.

Like, guys, this thread just started and all this controversy could've just been avoided if you just stopped your constant back-and-forths after making your arguments and bringing nothing newer to the table and conceding on that and letting the staff members put in their votes like I've asked y'all multiple times to do. Agree or disagree, provide explanation on why, vote, and move on. No point in prolonging the thread with constant bickering. Like shit, we have 42 hours left, that's plenty of time for everyone to drop in and give their say on this.

And in this case, Athena transcends space-time of an entire multiverse as well as entities unbound by space and time themselves, existing on a higher plane than them and getting power beyond them via ascending there.
A bit late, but in your whole OP thread, I don't see any link to this statement?

A bit late, but in your whole OP thread, I don't see any link to this statement?
Let me answer that.

Yggdrasil transends space and time as a whole but is still only part of the physical reality, while Athena is on another plane of existence entirely.

Let me answer that.

Yggdrasil transends space and time as a whole but is still only part of the physical reality, while Athena is on another plane of existence entirely.
Not just that, the biggest one is her being above and beyond the Greek Pantheon itself, which is mentioned in the "having ascended to a higher plane than everyone else in all the pantheons and belief systems." part of the OP. All the Pantheons are of the same power level and are not implied to be stronger than one another. The pantheon part is further elaborated upon by Planck in the third paragraph.

Like, guys, this thread just started and all this controversy could've just been avoided if you just stopped your constant back-and-forths after making your arguments and bringing nothing newer to the table and conceding on that and letting the staff members put in their votes like I've asked y'all multiple times to do. Agree or disagree, provide explanation on why, vote, and move on. No point in prolonging the thread with constant bickering. Like shit, we have 42 hours left, that's plenty of time for everyone to drop in and give their say on this.
This contradicts the fundamental essence of debate. If the sole purpose of content revisions is merely to express agreement or disagreement and move on, then you are in the incorrect setting. It revolves around engaging in a constructive discussion, where members argue, provide reasoning, and deliberate. It is not acceptable to silence or ignore people without allowing them to address the arguments.
Hence, there is no explicit indication that she engages in that specific action, but rather exists outside the realm of existence due to her inherent nature. Understood.

Furthermore, why does the provided link reference the interview? Does it not contain any contextual information regarding the lore? Are there no official statements? The author seemed to suggest that all gods are symbolic and portrayed with absolute control, which is why Athena possesses the same qualities.

I acknowledge that author statements are permissible to utilize, but primarily as secondary evidence, rather than primary.

Norse and Greek mythologies has already space-time continuities. And we have a Yggdrasil that completely transcends these space-time continuities and sees them as little pieces, And we have an Athena that completely transcends that and evolves into the higher dimensional plane.(Power and existence)

This contradicts the fundamental essence of debate. If the sole purpose of content revisions is merely to express agreement or disagreement and move on, then you are in the incorrect setting. It revolves around engaging in a constructive discussion, where members argue, provide reasoning, and deliberate. It is not acceptable to silence or ignore people without allowing them to address the arguments.

Hence, there is no explicit indication that she engages in that specific action, but rather exists outside the realm of existence due to her inherent nature. Understood.

Furthermore, why does the provided link reference the interview? Does it not contain any contextual information regarding the lore? Are there no official statements? The author seemed to suggest that all gods are symbolic and portrayed with absolute control, which is why Athena possesses the same qualities.

I acknowledge that author statements are permissible to utilize, but primarily as secondary evidence, rather than primary.
What is your point, i don't understand it at all.

Here's the thing, there are no new points to contribute to anymore at this point other than plain rehashes of the same old, same old.

Eh, no, not how this works. Otherwise there'd be no "higher than everyone else" or any statements of said higher existence granting higher power.

Furthermore, why does the provided link reference the interview?
What do you mean?

Does it not contain any contextual information regarding the lore?
Excuse me, "brought me to a higher existence?" Or has that just mysteriously disappeared?

Dread, where are all these asinine questions coming from? What exactly are you trying to ask for here?

Are there no official statements? The author seemed to suggest that all gods are symbolic and portrayed with absolute control, which is why Athena possesses the same qualities.
LMFAO, Cory's word isn't an official statement now? What world are we living in?

Okay? How does that make them any less official?

Eh, no, not how this works. Otherwise there'd be no "higher than everyone else" or any statements of said higher existence granting higher power.
This is too vague to even imply that she transcends space-time as Planck meant.
Excuse me, "brought me to a higher existence?" Or has that just mysteriously disappeared?
This is HDE
Dread, where are all these asinine questions coming from? What exactly are you trying to ask for here?
Asking for any official lore, context, is the game literally based on interviews?
LMFAO, Cory's word isn't an official statement now? What world are we living in?
Having a personal opinion about your verse is an official canon information? What
Okay? How does that make them any less official?
Because there are no statements to begin with, we don't upgrade characters based entirely in the secondary priority of evidences.

"My sacrifice to save Zeus has brought me to a higher form existence" - Nobody important.
Ya, we saw the scene, this is the reason of her form which I am literally not disagreeing with HDE 5D.
How is this by any means imply she transcends the whole space-time continuum qualitatively greater?

And yet, you guys say it is literal, but it has more than one meaning?

This is HDE

Asking for any official lore, context, is the game literally based on interviews?

Having a personal opinion about your verse is an official canon information? What

Because there are no statements to begin with, we don't upgrade characters based entirely in the secondary priority of evidences.
Dude, goddammit, we already addressed that.
This is higher dimensional existence yes, so what? Still scales to her AP.

Oh yes, let's just ignore the "higher realm" statements, the "higher than everyone else" statements and the "higher power" statements and handwave them away.

This is HDE
Read the above.

"My sacrifice to save Zeus has brought me to a higher existence" - Nobody important. (2)

LMFAO this is a personal opinion? On what grounds? Where do you see Cory say "In my personal opinion/I personally think" or anything of the sort in this interview?

"My sacrifice to save Zeus has brought me to a higher existence" - Nobody important. (3)

Ya, we saw the scene, this is the reason of her form which I am literally not disagreeing with HDE 5D.
How is this by any means imply she transcends the whole space-time continuum?
Way to ignore Cory providing clarification on the nature of her transcendence and her obtaining the higher power.

And yet, you guys say it is literal but it has more meaning?
Hey, you're the one handwaving away actual author statements based on your unsubstantiated claims of "It's just a personal opinion", not me.

So it is entirely based on the interview?
The interview clarifies further on shit that actually exists and makes it less vague. It'd be entirely based on the interview ONLY IF ATHENA NEVER SAID THE DAMN LINE TO BEGIN WITH. You are literally nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking under the false pretense of "accuracy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back