• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, speaking generally, I'll point out that even entities that transcend space and time and are unbound by it are on a lower plane of existence and power as Athena.

This is just an unnecessary point. Cory Barlog is elaborating on something that's left vague and mysterious in the games themselves. It's neither in reference to a leading question, a completely new addendum (Athena verbatim says she ascended to a higher plane of existence in the game itself), all Cory Barlog did was elaborate that her power grew as well), nor does it contradict the series.
In my personal opinion, I don't find it vague. The scene's focus is not on her attack power, but rather on what she gained through the sacrifice. I tend to consider the context and its meaning when interpreting it. Additionally, I think Corry (presumably the author) used this reference to create a sense of mystery.
I don't know if we're failing to explain, but Athena's power comes from the realm she ascended to. And if you take the realm she ascended to as 5D, you have to take the high power she gained there as 5D.
No, we don't. We don't equate HDE to AP in VSBW.
We absolutely do use Word of God, if it fits all the standards, which this does.
In my view, I don't believe this qualifies as "Word of God"; it seems to be his personal interpretation. Is there a specific policy or standard in place for scaling materials related to God of War that you all follow?
The fact that dimensionality has no bearing on power sensing aside, she just says that judging her by appearance is wrong. Deception on her power isn't ever confirmed as far as I'm aware.
It is because of her nature, not necessarily implying an immeasurable attack potency.
LMFAO what, we absolutely do, read the Editing Rules page and its Referencing Statistics section:

• "When a statement from a character, guidebook, or even word of god contradicts what occurs in the series, they won't be used. For example, if an author says that a character from his work is incapable of shattering planets, even though it has destroyed galaxies on-screen, we will always go with the latter, rather than the former. The statement need to be consistent with what has been revealed within the fictional franchise itself. Otherwise, it will be considered invalid."
  • "Author statements will only be accepted when they clarify what has been shown or implied in the series itself, and will be rejected when they contradict what has been shown to the audience. Statements that technically do not contradict anything shown in the series will still be rejected if there is no evidence that they are accurate."
I will concede then, it seems the key is that the author statement must be consistent with the existing fictional franchise and not conflict with what has been revealed within the series itself.
I guess that is ultimately your opinion.
Do content revisions not operate precisely in this manner? The divergence of opinions and perspectives among members fuels the process of agreement and disagreement. Without the need to seek others' interpretations, one could simply impose changes unilaterally.

Do content revisions not operate precisely in this manner? The divergence of opinions and perspectives among members fuels the process of agreement and disagreement. Without the need to seek others' interpretations, one could simply impose changes unilaterally.
That's... literally why we counted you as a disagree on the vote meter.

I thought the Arceus comparison was off-hand but I checked out of curiosity and it's legitimately the same sort of situation as Athena -_-.
I'm here. I'd strongly suggest you desist trying to fit Arceus in your crt

It's not equivalent.

You can put my vote on agree
Barlog or whoever he is on this topic of power, his explanations seem good to me

No, we don't. We don't equate HDE to AP in VSBW.
It's funny how you take one part of what I said and ignore the other part.

I will quote again for the last ******* time;
What differentiates Athena's HDE statements from other HDEs is that she "gains a higher power" from where she ascended. And if you take the higher realm she ascended to as 5D, then the "higher power" there should also be 5D, which is what Cory says in the interviews.

You edited your message because when I responded I did not see the quote at all

I'm here. I'd strongly suggest you desist trying to fit Arceus in your crt

It's not equivalent.
Don't think he meant that in a bad way, I think he just tried to say we share the same pain.

Honestly, why so aggressive? Cheer up fam, we should be uniting instead of being at each other's throats.

What differentiates Athena's HDE statements from other HDEs is that she "gains a higher power" from where she ascended. And if you take the higher realm she ascended to as 5D, then the "higher power" there should also be 5D, which is what Cory says in the interviews.
Because I don't think the power here refers to attack potency at all.

The director of God of War II and God of War (2018) lmfao. I'll add ya though.
I deadass find it funny that people try to brush off Cory's words on the matter like he didn't do anything for GoW. He's the reason GoW is still a good franchise and not suffering in the hands of that raving lunatic Jaffe. Without him, GoW2, Ghost of Sparta and 2018 would not exist. PERIOD.

Because I don't think the power here refers to attack potency at all.
But the context supports it. Athena is in every way superior and inaccessible to everything/everyone else except PoH. That's what it means to be ascended in GoW.

And Cory already notes that with the power Athena gained there, she lost her balance and became evil like the other Gods. This supports both qualitative superiority and AP logic

Last edited:
Okay, Ravee, Dread, I get it, you're using the same-ish arguments, neither are convinced by the other. So call an impasse and agree to disagree with each other and let the others judge based on all of our comments.

But the context supports it. Athena is in every way superior and inaccessible to everything/everyone else except PoH. That's what it means to be ascended in GoW.
Unless you prove this is the literal definition from GoW (from guidebook or "GoW" dictionary), this is personal incredulity.

Dread, play nice. Or at least be your definition of nice. Remember what I said about an impasse?

Unless you prove this is the literal definition from GoW (from guidebook or "GoW" dictionary), this is personal incredulity.
This will be my last message as KLOL doesn't want me to write any more. I edited my previous comment so I will just quote that part again. If you still disagree, then I can't do nothing about it. Just agree to disagree;
And Cory already notes that with the power Athena gained there, she lost her balance and became evil like the other Gods. This supports both qualitative superiority and AP logic

Also replying to the comment below; No one is limiting anyone's perspective. Making stupid comments about a series you've never played is not my problem. Also it is you, no one else, who is taking only part of what has been written and ignoring the other and more important part

Last edited:
Dread, play nice. Or at least be your definition of nice. Remember what I said about an impasse?
I remember but my intention of that response is that he is limiting everyone's perspective/interpretation to his own by simply saying that this is how GoW function.

So he kinda need to prove this type of claim.

Sorry if I presented it wrong ❤️

If Dread responds to this, I would prefer that the response be also her last message regarding the topic and to let staff handle it from here onwards based on the arguments made here so far.

EDIT: I got outsped huh

Being above 4-D doesn't necessarily make you 5-D as defined by the wiki, I still feel like it's not enough, like something is missing.

But you can take my words with a grain of salt if someone like @Elizhaa says its enough.

Maybe Low 1-C is easier to get than i thought.
yes that's true. But when it comes to properties of size, Yggdrassil already bigger than 4D tho. The size also is known
the size of yggdrassil is infinite relative to 9 4D object.

and we know that the Norse cosmology setting is bigger than yggdrasil. Athena is bigger than Norse cosmology setting in terms of existence and power.

yes that's true. But when it comes to properties of size, Yggdrassil already bigger than 4D tho. The size also is known
the size of yggdrassil is infinite relative to 9 4D object.

and we know that the Norse cosmology setting is bigger than yggdrasil. Athena is bigger than Norse cosmology setting in terms of existence and power.
Not even needed in the topic at hand to begin with.

Anyway, you agree or disagree with OP?

Not even needed in the topic at hand to begin with.

Anyway, you agree or disagree with OP?
well i am agree.

But i am curious to see which interpretation has less-assumed interpretation. "HDE hax Athena" or "Low 1-C Athena".

I will address to RaveeCPN's argument because I feel leaving him unhinged without trying to clarify my stance is a bit weak position.

Also klol, it is 2 pages (I don't know if there are unnecessary derailment from my side as far).

So if you feel to mute me due to that. I don't mind

I will address to RaveeCPN's argument because I feel leaving him unhinged without trying to clarify my stance is a bit weak position.
I personally do not think it is weak, but at this point I don't think either side is posting anymore arguments that aren't turning out to be back-and-forths of the same thing. I think Staff will find both sides of the argument adequate enough to base their judgment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back