• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm here to disagree. Although yes Athena ascending to a higher plane of existence is valid being 5D
The qualification to have low 1-C AP and tier is to have a universal size or affect a universal size structure in 5D. We know Athena ascended to that level of reality/plane which is higher than the Pantheons but we don't see how she is capable of affecting a universal size structure in a 5D level. only knowing She reached that level of existence. Thus at best, this would grant 5D HDE, and hax that affects her will have a 5D hax range (since this is mostly dimension and ascending plane of existence rather than R>F). The reason why I agree with Celestial Pegasus as well

I know you might bring up that Pantheons are universal to multiversal size. Yes, that is true but in comparison to 5D being they will be infinitesimal thus even if Athena is only the size of a pebble as a 5D being Pantheons will appear way smaller thus we cannot really use the Pantheons as an argument of Athena's area of influence/size in the 5D realm she ascended into.
Though if we get more context on this higher plane or realm Athena has reached and how Athena interacts within it and such AP would be valid.

That is all and I will not reply any further after this

Hello. I'm here to disagree. Although yes Athena ascending to a higher plane of existence is valid being 5D
The qualification to have low 1-C AP and tier is to have a universal size or affect a universal size structure in 5D. We know Athena ascended to that level of reality/plane which is higher than the Pantheons but we don't see how she is capable of affecting a universal size structure in a 5D level. only knowing She reached that level of existence. Thus at best, this would grant 5D HDE, and hax that affects her will have a 5D hax range (since this is mostly dimension and ascending plane of existence rather than R>F). The reason why I agree with Celestial Pegasus as well

I know you might bring up that Pantheons are universal to multiversal size. Yes, that is true but in comparison to 5D being they will be infinitesimal thus even if Athena is only the size of a pebble as a 5D being Pantheons will appear way smaller thus we cannot really use the Pantheons as an argument of Athena's area of influence/size in the 5D realm she ascended into.
Though if we get more context on this higher plane or realm Athena has reached and how Athena interacts within it and such AP would be valid.

Noted. You will be added as a disagree vote.

OHello. I'm here to disagree. Although yes Athena ascending to a higher plane of existence is valid being 5D

All of that was already addressed multiple times in the thread, so i don't feel the need to respond to this.

All you have to do is watch the interview put on the OP and read the statements. Or take a look at our responses to those who have made these arguments before.

Affecting a universal sized structure of that dimensionality is one way of getting Low 1-C and likely the default one but it is far from the only method available. I hate that this sounds like a whataboutism but one only needs to skim the category to realize how many characters qualify based on transcending space-time alone (with context of superiority of course).

And in this case, Athena transcends space-time of an entire multiverse as well as entities unbound by space and time themselves, existing on a higher plane than them and getting power beyond them via ascending there.

Anyway, I'll add GreatJedi to disagree in a bit. I'm away from my computer right now.

I don't dabble in Tier 1 so take my thoughts as you will.

But I agree with the OP currently. We know that she outright attains a higher esistance than the 4-D characters/realms, and going off what the interviews said about how their is so much power their and the whole power and absolute control make it lean towards she not only gained a higher esistance but also a higher power in my honest opinion. These statements are also fine to use as it's just adding on to what we were given in verse.

However, as I mentioned. I don't dabble in Tier 1, reality transcendence or superiority stuff. I'm trying to learn though, just need to make time.

And Cory already notes that with the power Athena gained there, she lost her balance and became evil like the other Gods. This supports both qualitative superiority and AP logic
Becoming evil like other Gods don't give any qualitative superiority.
Also replying to the comment below; No one is limiting anyone's perspective.
The moment you say this
That's what it means to be ascended in GoW.
By not providing extraordinary evidence, you are restricting people's comprehension of the context to either of two possibilities:
  1. Firstly, there could be an absolute or explicit definition of the terminology, which the OP lacks.
  2. Alternatively, it could be your own subjective interpretation of the context.
The latter represents the limitations in interpretation that I am referring to.
Making stupid comments about a series you've never played is not my problem.
Now, it is expected that one must thoroughly read the series or simply align with the CRT, otherwise, your input is considered invalid.
Also it is you, no one else, who is taking only part of what has been written and ignoring the other and more important part
Disagreeing with someone does not necessarily imply a lack of knowledge or define one as ignorant.

I believe the point you raised is valid, and I completely overlooked it. The primary purpose of scaling to 5D is to establish a universal size or affect a structure within the 5th dimension. In the current cosmology (which I assume is 4D – 2A), some people speculate that making such statements may allow for a leap into a higher level of infinity, but there is no concrete evidence supporting this notion.

This delves into the philosophical aspect that many members are unaware of regarding how our current standards operate. These types of statements could even be extended to encompass tier 0, as there seems to be no end to the concept of “higher." Our attachment to the subjective system we rely on leads us to assume it pertains to the 5th spatial dimension, disregarding the existence of numerous levels of infinity beyond 2-A. This is where the idea of “qualitative superiority” comes into play. To address this, a rule was implemented to prohibit statements lacking mathematical or cosmological foundations from attaining a higher rating.

The statement implies that the character's ascension to a higher level of existence and increased power is associated with a realm beyond the conventional pantheons and belief systems. While the exact nature of this higher plane is not explicitly mentioned, it could be interpreted as a metaphorical or metaphysical dimension rather than a specific mathematical or spatial dimension. In this context, the reference is more inclined towards the act of sacrificing rather than having a cosmological background. It appears to be a statement with theological implications.

As the idea of "more than countably infinite times greater in power or size" implies, most statements of superiority wouldn't suffice to reach qualitative superiority, even if applied to already being infinitely stronger than the baselines for the level.

Ravee, Dread, WHAT. DID I TELL YOU. TO COME TO AN IMPASSE?
It's not my fault that she responded to what I said after I said this;
This will be my last message as KLOL doesn't want me to write any more. I edited my previous comment so I will just quote that part again. If you still disagree, then I can't do nothing about it. Just agree to disagree;

People also have a patience limit. I don't think I should hold myself back if she distorts what I say and makes ridiculous comments. And if I get a warning or thread ban for that, it's fine.

It's not my fault that she responded to what I said after I said this;
Just... don't take this any further than it has to. You already did something that is just blatantly unacceptable. You both voted and gave your reasons. Neither will agree. Now both of you go off and let the staff take care of it. This will be my warning against you.

The statement implies that the character's ascension to a higher level of existence and increased power is associated with a realm beyond the conventional pantheons and belief systems. While the exact nature of this higher plane is not explicitly mentioned, it could be interpreted as a metaphorical or metaphysical dimension rather than a specific mathematical or spatial dimension. In this context, the reference is more inclined towards the act of sacrificing rather than having a cosmological background. It appears to be a statement with theological implications.
Don't think I'd need to explain why the "metaphorical" argument is pure horseshit in all honesty but we've already discussed that in the Yggdrasil thread to hell and back, so I doubt I'd actually need to make any sort of response here on that regard to get my point across.

With that out of the way, we await the staff to give responses.

So... you responded to insult the argument, or what exactly are you trying to tell? Because I can't understand if this is either a counter-argument or insulting the argument.

So... you responded to insult the argument, or what exactly are you trying to tell? Because I can't understand if this is either a counter-argument or insulting the argument.
What? How did you read that as an insult? I just called the "metaphorical" argument against this bad but with a little bit of profanity into the mix. It wasn't meant as an insult towards you at all, because I've seen people argue "metaphorical" all the time against GoW and the reasonings genuinely are bad.

He's saying we've gone over the "it might be a metaphor" line of reasoning already many times. Him just saying horseshit isn't a personal insult, that's just being a crass talker.

What? How did you read that as an insult? I just called the "metaphorical" argument against this bad but with a little bit of profanity into the mix. It wasn't meant as an insult towards you at all, because I've seen people argue "metaphorical" all the time against GoW and the reasonings genuinely are bad.
Because.. I could not detect any reasonable logical counter-arguments in your post. Apologies, but I could not tell.
He's saying we've gone over the "it might be a metaphor" line of reasoning already many times. Him just saying horseshit isn't a personal insult, that's just being a crass talker.
So the point of his comment is to call my argument horseshit, since we had a discussion earlier in an unrelated thread and that's it?

So the point of his comment is to call my argument horseshit, since we had a discussion earlier in an unrelated thread and that's it?
He's tired of hearing it repeated. That's it. The fact that he followed up with saying he'd rather not argue it and leave it up to staff says as much. It's a frustrated comment but not one aimed at you personally.

Because.. I could not detect any reasonable logical counter-arguments in your post. Apologies, but I could not tell.

Well, it's really annoying when the same exact point is made one thousand times, we can't just be repeating ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back