• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War 4 is out! Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So judging by this video, Odin should be equal or above all the other higher end Gods based on his title and his stalemate with the other Vernir Gods (who, to be fair, do manipulate magics that can do things he can't). This also means Odin should be higher than Thor, which makes sense since he crafted Mjolnir, a weapon of "unimaginable destruction" meant to slay giants.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Can people have the decency of tagging their posts with spoilers or doing SOMETHING to hide the game's events? It isn't even officially out yet, and you just spoiled the game for Ever who was just looking at the recent changes.
Not sure what you were expecting. It's in the title ƒÖä

It's pretty clear that this was't supposed to have spoilers and we could have brought things up in ways that didn't give details unless a viewer chose to dig, like looking at Weekly's list of feats.

WeeklyBattles said:
Tfw BoG Kratos was almost killed by a Building level character
If you're referring to the fight with the stranger in the beginning, I think it was deliberate. The stranger talked about how he was old and weak and your could tell Kratos was actually getting stronger throughout the fight (i.e healing himself mid fight) and using Spartan rage for the first time in (probably) years. I honestly think he was just rusty.

Plus the Stranger is probably far higher when scaling to the other feats such as the Giant's death causing a winter for multiple miles, Thor and Jourmungandur shaking the Nine Realms with their fight. And the casual storm feats from Odin and possibly Kratos Junior.

Soo Kratos ain't so weak after all? :D

Also @Matt

What do you reckon we do with "the battle was felt across the 9 realms" in regards to Thor and Serpents first bout

I couldn't find anything on the statement from the Playstation GoW Pod Casts and History Videos, except Fenris and maybe Surtur (idk, they just said big guy flaming sword so i thought of Surtur because Marvel) would do the same at the coming of Ragnarok.

I don't really think that statement was intended to be metaphorical given the context, but i can't prove it. However, Kep mentioned that the Serpent had a 5-C feat in one of the pod casts.

If you're talking about the 5-C feat, i don't know, if it's about shaking the realms, it was before he grew that large.

Anyway, i found some more stuff out that i forgot to mention. Midgard is referred to as having a sun by one of the pod casts saying that Fenris will eat the sun, so each realm could be a solar system, or just Earth, the Moon, and the Sun. But this was a pod cast and not the actual game, so it could be retconned later.

1) I was thinking about the Atreus (Is that his name) statement where he mentions Jormungandur encircling Midgard to eat its own tail

2) Im not sure if we can use the second part cause we dont know how the celestial bodies work in the Norse Realms.

That was after he grew larger than Earth/Midgard's circumfrence.

Agreed, the day and night cycle in original myth was pretty questionable, and this is too.

@Hizack

He countered lightning, like directly with his shield, from Magni and Moodi (the sons of Thor, the literal god of Thunder who can manipulate lightning), so i think At least Massively Hypersonic.

If the giants are dead what happened to Surtr tho? Is he still alive? and i'm pretty sure Harinthur is alive plotting his revenge against Thor for killing his father

ByAsura said:
That was after he grew larger than Earth/Midgard's circumfrence.
Agreed, the day and night cycle in original myth was pretty questionable, and this is too.

Perhaps comic or sequel will explain this.

@SS it stands to reason Surtur was imprisoned somewhere as per the Myth if i recall. And yeah i'd be surprised if Harinthur isnt going to be a boss in the next game (I smell a sidequest)

So wait, is Midgard just on another part of the planet or...? I know mythology-wise Midgard = Earth but do they treat it that way in GoW?

It grew to that size some unknown period of time after fighting Thor, but it seems to have gotten smaller, or it can change size, they don't explain it, but they certainly note it's not even close to that size anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back