• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War 4 is out! Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
I'm definitely not rushing through this game just for the sake of VSDebating, though. If the endless 10/10 reviews are anything to rely on...
No, you can't rely on reviews. Generally the critics of Video games are kind of shit. Look at the metacritic score of Star Wars Battlefront 2 for example.

Not really NLF if you know the lore, his mother Freya I believe made all things in all the realms promise not to hurt Baldur, therefore, making him invulnerable to all things except mistletoe.

Also, it's best that this Kratos get a new key since he is vastly weaker kinda like Ichigo key for fullbring arc.Unlikely he will get stronger unless it involves Odin or something, based on Norse lore Thor may be Mountain+ with Mjolnir since it's been stated to level mountains with ease lol.

Odins weapon Gungir is also quite strong its essentially Reinhards weapon except it doesn't ignore distance to my knowledge,Kratos can get quite a bit of hax or resistance based off these weapons alone.Don't forget Solar System fenrir haha.

I'm not talking about scaling I'm just speculating based on the mythology of what may come if they don't change alot of things,which they might depending on how Ragnarok unfolds.

Sounds like it.

The Titans were already size shifters seeing as Atlas could stretch his arm to reach through the crust and Gaia was large enough to dwarf a small island at one point, so it's not all that surprising.

Does anyone have any info regarding how the Norse and Greeks relate in power? I say this since I think Zeus went to Hel from what I heard

I also think they said that it was the real thing and not some projection.

But as i see,the Norse are here before Greece,there is an remnant of the previous war that indicate it was very long time,i can't give the link so sorry.

Also if we see,this timeline is from viking era.

Yeah, really edge start of Vikings. The developers even stated that they inspired by the era if I remember correctly.

Actually, the game takes place thousands of years before the Vikings. Cory Barlog has stated it is set when their Gods still walked the earth long ago.

It does make sense that Gods eventually disappear once belief in them stops, but traces of them are still left behind, such as in the alternate timeline of God of War I where Kratos never rebelled against Zeus and Cronos's remains were found by modern explorers thousands of years later.

Reminds me of American Gods, where the gods' existence and power is based on worship and belief.

Hmm, I watched playthrough because I don't trust pre-orders. I will play it if it hits Japan. Also GoW has Multiverse confirmed? It doesn't change anything of course but yeah?

GoW has a multiverse, but it doesn't really change shit. The Primordials were only responsible for the creation of the Greek universe.

Shit really? That might be interesting if people can damage it like in the myth (looking at Nidhogg and Surtr here)

there are tons of lore in the game, Which i really love it. Also they teased thor in the ending. Can't wait for the sequel.. lol.

Also other feat (not sure if this accurate)

- Valkyries exist as spirit beings and odin can corrupt those valkyries,

- Odin also has power nullification since he remove freyja magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back