• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer vs Arthur Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
@KLOL How's he gonna speed blitz when they are both Superhuman?
Reactions, my man. At least, if Arthur doesn't decide to use the stealth option.

DMUA said:
Bullets are better, but they're also Sub to Supersonic projectiles, so not quite a fair comparison.

Anyways, feats beat what happens in real life.
I feel like you're downplaying the piercing strength of a bullet very hard here.

A bullet that has 9-B levels of energy would rip through 9-B plate armor like it was nothing.

And no, Goblin Slayer's feats don't beat what happens in real life. A bullet with 9-B levels of energy could easily rip through something along the lines of a tank. It's because the energy is focused on one narrow point as opposed to a flat area like the feat you're bringing up.

Hell, the bullets in real life that fodderize plate armor? They're 9-C.

Considering we don't see Goblin Slayer take bullets from 9-B characters we shouldn't assume he magically will "because fiction".

Not everything is an energy numbers game.

>Can pierce tank armor

Citation needed and I doubt a gun in the 1800s could do the same

>9-C bullets piercing Plate

A bit less worthy of doubt but citation still required

DMUA said:
>Can pierce tank armor

RDR2 doesn't follow real life, in the game you can literally blow up heads with a shotgun in one go, leaving nothing of the head behind. Pistols can do it with multiple shots. In the first heist mission, Arthur penetrates the train's doors and creates holes larg enough to jam dynamite sticks fully inside, and the dynamite does its own thing.

You can check out Skallagrim's video and the quora threads for the plate thing. Plate armor is not at all made for modern-day guns. At all. Normal handguns will badly dent plate, if not penetrate it, which is still, safe to say, devastating to boot.

If a 50 BMG round carrying a force of 18 kJ ripping apart a tree that takes Small Building levels of blunt force to take down is anything to say, then it'll be pretty apparent that Gobbo's armor won't be upto the mark.

DMUA said:
>Can pierce tank armor

The 1800s didn't have a guy who can casually grapple with fully-grown bears and tank shotgun blasts, but who am I to judge. His guns are 9-B, make a CRT if you aren't satisfied.

Guns from centuries before the 1800s could do it.

Those guns with heavier rounds designed to completely ruin their day?

1800s rounds are way, way lighter and not meant to go through plate.

Refer to my previous comment.

Two words: Muzzle. Velocity. Also lighter/smaller does not equal worse. It's actually far better as it transfers the energy to an even smaller area of the armor.

>Talks about 1800s rounds

>Flintlock pistols shoot with the same amount of damage as a 1911

>RDR2 takes place in 1899

>RDR2 is fiction

>RDR2 bullets can blow up animal limbs and heads

Bruh.

No, I mean, the Explosive Rifle can literally one shot obliterate a cow or horse into guts and red mist.

That's certainly not 1899 firepower in a single rifle.

In that case, we can shift to Marston. He's playable in RDR2 after all and is the exact same thing as Arthur, except he can't herd or properly swim.

Well then, Arthur spams Dead-Eye and shoots at GB's weak points.

Actually, yes. As it's starting at hundreds of meters, GS has a chance to evade the bullets at all, but that doesn't mean any won't hit him. He still has to get close to the guy with dynamite and molotovs as well.

This is why I said speed unequal would be much fairer, otherwise Gobbo is dead with a bullet to his whatever before he can get in range.

KLOL506 said:
RDR2 doesn't follow real life, in the game you can literally blow up heads with a shotgun in one go, leaving nothing of the head behind. Pistols can do it with multiple shots. In the first heist mission, Arthur penetrates the train's doors and creates holes larg enough to jam dynamite sticks fully inside, and the dynamite does its own thing.

You can check out Skallagrim's video and the quora threads for the plate thing. Plate armor is not at all made for modern-day guns. At all. Normal handguns will badly dent plate, if not penetrate it, which is still, safe to say, devastating to boot.

If a 50 BMG round carrying a force of 18 kJ ripping apart a tree that takes Small Building levels of blunt force to take down is anything to say, then it'll be pretty apparent that Gobbo's armor won't be upto the mark.
Wait, so .50 BMG bullets are actually 9-A in terms of piercing capacity?

We don't accept piercing damage here so we stick with its muzzle energy.

But yes, a few 50 BMG rounds will rip apart a tree, as seen here. And a recent calc confirms that it would take 9-A levels of energy to smash through a tree, and it was accepted.

KLOL506 said:
We don't accept piercing damage here so we stick with its muzzle energy.
But yes, a few 50 BMG rounds will rip apart a tree, as seen here. And a recent calc confirms that it would take 9-A levels of energy to smash through a tree, and it was accepted.
Um... couldn't the "blunt force equivalent" at least be mentioned on the pages of weapons? It's very hard to know who you can damage without some sort of standard for that even though we know that cutting and piercing weapons can damage beings far above their energy output.

Arthur stomps. I love Goblin slayer but arthur has the advantage with his guns and deadeye. GS armor isnt blocking any bullets either.

The only way GS is taking this fight is if he starts off within like 2 feet of Arthur or if he has the gate scroll which COULD make this a stomp, but i believe theres still room to argue that Arthur can quickdraw GS under both of these scenarios.

No, you're misunderstanding the tree calc, the value only applies if you destroy the entire volume of a large tree, just doing a small hole like that doesn't come close to the same level of energy.

Blunt force is good against plate as opposed to slashing not because it actually damages the plate. It can just break the bones and hurt the organs of people wearing plane regardless, because force permeates. The armor itself is fine.

Note how the Advent of muskets caused plate to be abandoned, and how yes 9-C guns will punch through it. Anti tank rifles which are 9-B can shoot through parts of tank armor, and trees, so if Arthur is comparable to that with his guns, he should be able to punch through even strong plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back