• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer vs Arthur Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtasyamphetamine said:
I'd vote for Arthur.
He outranges Goblin Slayer with his rifles and can use Dead Eye to slow down his perception of time.
I vote for Arthur too, for the same reason.

Isn't this a stomp? Like, we're picking up a low key superhuman from medieval times and putting him against a low key superhuman from 1800-ish. It's just like putting a peak human soldier from the 1800 times against a medieval knight.

Mand21 said:
Isn't this a stomp? Like, we're picking up a low key superhuman from medieval times and putting him against a low key superhuman from 1800-ish. It's just like putting a peak human soldier from the 1800 times against a medieval knight.
Well it could be but Goblin Slayer is in fantasyish setting rather than flat out realistic one.

Mand21 said:
And so does Arthur Morgan have a reaction speed amping superpower.
Dead-Eye. Duh.

Arthur via Dead-Eye and Explosion-Round spamming.

I also forgot to note that Arthur can use various vials to enhance his abilities to considerably higher degrees, in fact, sometimes if you repeatedly put them to good use, they give his abilities a permanent boost.

GS one-shots with his gate scroll, but besides that, Arthur does have a huge arsenal and range advantage.

Inconclusive for me, could go either way

Fantasy dude that is nonetheless barely on the range for superhuman, against dude with guns, in a battle of range, and the dude with a gun has explosive rounds and time slowing bullshittery.

I am honestly curious what chance GS has at all. I'd say hope a bullet misses and cover his face with his Targe, but... the rest of his armor ain't stopping a bullet. He's dead either way.

Gobbo slayer one-shots via ocean dumping, just putting that out there.

Also he's sigficantly higher than Arthur in AP if Arthur's best feats is taking out bears.

Arthur's best feat is trading blows against anyone who can harm him.

Considering this is SBA'd, they should start at hundreds of meters, and Green Huntah Boi is gonna need a lot less than that for his scroll to be any effective.

I don't see him crossing the distance to start doing anything before he's half dead, if not dead, already.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also he's sigficantly higher than Arthur in AP if Arthur's best feats is taking out bears.
I mean, he was basically on death's door when that feat was performed on him (only getting up via sheer inner Doomguy) and did eventually die after having to strangle the person who did it to him with a wig

Which is unbelievably cool, but makes him a bit more backscaled then what would first show itself to be.

I could see Arthur loading him with lead and dealing at least a fair amount of damage

Okay, now to be the Devil's Advocate.

Goblin Slayer has PLATE ARMOR.

He's not getting sniped out. Bullets won't pierce him. He can approach safely with no more than some small blunt force trauma, such as bruises.

Arthur's bullets pierce steel and can blow up human and animal heads. Even lions fall prey to his basic revolver rounds. His dynamite sticks leave steel doors in ruin.

Like KLOL said, these damn bullets pierce steel easily. And he hasn't plate, he has some plate to help with defense without encumbering him, with chainmail underneath and some other stuff. That is NOT stopping any of his bullets. Pulling the Targe up to his face is only gonna get him a shot in a leg, an arm or the abdomen and I don't doubt Arthur can pull out enough lead to fell him before he gets into the range to even use his arrows or scroll.

I still feel this may need Speed Unequal or Gobbo is kinda screwed with no chance.

Unequalizing speed is gonna make this a speedblitz in favor of Gobbo.

Yeah, Goblin Slayer should be fine taking at least a few hits.

Ultimately however Arthur should gun him down before he turns into a serious problem, so, him for reasons above.

So is plate armor not flattening against a wall along with it's contents upon getting hit with a Megajoule impact, so

Didn't Gobbo almost die from that attack? Also, Arthur's bullets are the kind designed to penetrate armored trains.

He straight up died after a few minutes of Bloodlust and Bloodloss

But main point is real plate armor would completely flatten against thst forkery, and Gobby's didn't.

I see.

So, Gobbo dies in the end. Damn it, I was hoping to see him live for a while.

DMUA said:
So is plate armor not flattening against a wall along with it's contents upon getting hit with a Megajoule impact, so
9-B bullets vs. 9-B armor, your point is moot.

Also blunt force <<<<<< piercing in any context.

Well, I mean, he does come back from the dead. Ressurection in DND is real common, and Goblin Slayer is no exception (Apparently just sharing a bed with a Virgin works)

It's not an issue of him wining passively, is an issue of GS literally having no chance of getting to a range where he can do anything. Literally what chance does he have?

@KLOL How's he gonna speed blitz when they are both Superhuman?

Dargoo Faust said:
Also blunt force <<<<<< piercing in any context.
You'd be suprised.

Blunt is actually great against plate. Slashing weapons are near useless, but if you can dent that thing can cause internal damage, it works wonders.

Bullets are better, but they're also Sub to Supersonic projectiles, so not quite a fair comparison.

Anyways, feats beat what happens in real life.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I mean, not exactly common...? I'm sure they could spare the loss of adventurers if it was so common.
Well, the main problem I'd pressume is getting the bodies back to somewhere they can be resurrected at.

If for instance everyone dies in a cave out in the boonies, oh well, ain't coming back.

But Goblin Slayer basically cleared everything out before he dropped dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back