• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giving Fiamma every supernatural power mentioned in the bible (Input from non-to aru people searched for)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
I'd be more willing to go for what's listed in verse, as opposed to using irl Christianity. If there's a specific Bible denomination specified in verse that's another thing, but idk if I'm totally sold on using that.
I also commented, and said this.

Haven't really been in this thread for a while though. I should read the recent developments.

Christianity IRL is huge and has hundreds of variants. Is there like a specific branch to aru follows, and if so can I see proof of that? I ask because i'm not familiar with the series so even if its a common knowledge thing I wouldn't know.

Fiamma's branch is the same as our roman apostolic catholic church, even being called as such and specified to be this one.

Can you just like link me a page or something where he says that

SchroKatze said:
@Malox.

Your point 2 is actually incorrect. Fiamma just choses to not kill the targets but knock them out instead. HR will use its OHK by default, but Fiamma needs to actively command it to just KO
no The Strike That Ends Everything It Touches as when he swings his right hand will just "defeat" the opponent, other form of attack will kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENECgvnU6Yg

HE is talking with the pope and is a part of the roman church. I need to get the index statement about it being the catholic church (but the verse itself makes a differentiation between the different branches of christianity. Amakusa-Style Remix Church is a japanese branch of christianity, and Fiamma isn't actually linked to them.) England's church is the Anglican Church and so on. The dominant religions in the world are all a part of the Index plot, and it uses the same legends and beliefs as the real ones.

Wokistan said:
Christianity IRL is huge and has hundreds of variants. Is there like a specific branch to aru follows, and if so can I see proof of that? I ask because i'm not familiar with the series so even if its a common knowledge thing I wouldn't know.
to aru universe is almost the same as ours (apart from magic existing way before and natural esper being born but they were few and did not change much) but had a big shift in 1900 where magic truly got studied and then messed up the world, most legend have some form of truth, and gods being real or a misinterpretation of magic gods

if we are talking about fiamma he follows the modern roman Christianity

Also, another quote about Fiamma (The "hidden leader") being a part of the modern Roman Apostolic Catholic Church:

One side was the hidden leader of the largest Christian denominatio thoroughly reinforced by the sky temple known as the Star of Bethlehem, the world's malice brought to the surface by World War III, the knowledge of 103,000 grimoires, the nature of God's Right Seat, and that special severed right arm.

• Fiamma's authority within the Roman Catholic Church after the WW3:

"Should the circumstances require it, given the current decimated state of God's Right Seat, the Pope would be able to wrest authority from Fiamma in one fell stroke. In the past, Fiamma of the Right had been the annoying existence at the center of God's Right Seat, to the extent that even amidst the exceedingly powerful figures of God's Right Seat, final authority rested solely with Fiamma."

• Acqua, another member of the God's Right Seat has direct mentions of the Anglican Church and the Roman Catholic Chuch existing in the verse:

""We found out Acqua of the Back's real name. His name is William Orville, a magic mercenary born in England, and he doesn't have any affiliation. Of course, when he was born, he wasn't a Roman Catholic, and there are records indicating that he was baptized in an Anglican church when he was young. As a mercenary, he was a lone wolf, and it seems like he specializes in taking down enemy strongholds.""

• Fiamma talking to the Pope:

"Understand this, Pope of the Roman Catholic Church: I am still, in the end, merely human. Such a troublesome existence."

The red man who embodied fire continued his explanation to the man said to be' t'he greatest in the Roman Catholic Church," (The pope, just like our actual system within the Roman Catholic Church).

• More quotes about Acqua's affiliation to the Roman Catholic Church and the difference between the Anglican and Catholic Churchs, like in our world:

"The Roman Catholic Church's Acqua of the Back, huh? As the head of the Anglican Church I have mixed feelings about that, but a mercenary who isn't controlled by what the knight's want is the perfect right-hand man for Third Princess Villian. It looks like there may be some hope left."

• A quote from the To Aru wiki, talking about the Roman Catholic Church being separated from the other ones:

The Roman Catholic Church also holds to be the true One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, and the only church for which the Apostolic Succession is applicable, in contrast with the views of the Anglican Church and the Russian Orthodox Church claiming to also follow the Apostolic Successio

• Knight Leader talking about Acqua, being a member of the Roman Catholic Church and not a member of the Anglican Church, has no reasons to fight for the Third Princess of England, since the country isn't conected to the RCC:

"So the third princess is over there." The familiar voice belonged to his old friend, the leader of the knights. "But why are you here standing in my way? Acqua of the Back, a member of God's Right Seat of the Roman Catholic Church, should have no reason to risk his life for a princess of this country."

Index explaining the separation/different branches of the Catholics:

"Um, there are lots of different kinds of Christianity," said Index with a bitter smile.

"First, there is the distinction between the old style Catholics and the new style Protestants. Also, while I belong to the Catholics, there are various types of them as well. For example there is the Roman Catholic Church centered on the Vatican, the Russian Orthodox Church with its headquarters in Russia, and the Anglican Church with its core at St. George's Cathedral."

I got out of an argument another on this wiki on a similar matter (Ironically, I was against it).

However, in this case, given he explicitly has the abilities of some of the more grandeur miracles (as well as direct references) I think it should be allowed. Not to mention that when it comes to the abilities, most of the stated ones are what we generally see (Save for something like Christ's exorcism or other minor abilities).

That said, does he ever use the right hand at its full potential?

Yea, he gained the full capacity of the right hand briefly the moment he achieved LPSaD and became the core of Christianity. He used it to create phenomena that simulated OT disasters when trying to restore the phase to its original form.

I'm neutral on this, since I don't know much about the verse, but similar things have been denied before. I don't know if associating it with the Roman Catholic Church, since the profiles alone show that the similarities are in name only really.

Yobobojojo said:
I'm neutral on this, since I don't know much about the verse, but similar things have been denied before. I don't know if associating it with the Roman Catholic Church, since the profiles alone show that the similarities are in name only really.
They are the exact same in every way besides having magic

You do realize half of what they use even in reference is considered non-canonical by the IRL Church proper, ignoring shenanigans like magic.

Admittedly, I'm no expert on the verse, but considering the Tv Tropes page starts off with "The Roman Catholic Church as portrayed in this series, as well as the characters associated with them. It is the largest faction in the Magic Side, consisting of 2 billion followers worldwide. Please note that the author has taken several liberties in portraying the religion, and is in no way meant to resemble the actual faith accurately," I have doubts. (And yes, I am aware Tv Tropes is not a valid source, but I'm making a point.)

I dunno, I don't really have a stance, but slapping "Catholic" on it just because "lol there's a Pope and they have the same amount of followers" doesn't really work.

Gabriel was not stated to be a archangel in the bible, but from other religions is stated to be so. As all religions coexist in this series Archangel Gabriel therefore exists, as theres nothing stating it isn't one anywhere. Same with uriel. Looking at the toaru wiki it even says Uriel is not mentioned in the bible in the actual story

No?

Also Not when the wiki actually references the source material to look it up yourself instead of it being a opinion piece. We arent talking about falsifying info to a hilarious degree like the fate type moon wiki or somethin

Clearly I'm not being serious about it if I cross it out, lol. Anyway, all I'm saying is this isn't something you can just ignore the Artistic Liberties taken, that's all.

Type Moon wiki actually has pretty good sourcing, and is probably advise not badmouthing other wikis here tbh.

Less about the sourcing more about the hilarious misintepretations of it, but alas that is a entirely other topic we should probably avoid for our sakes

Yea like Gilga said, Uriel is addressed in the series to be non canon to the bible. Vento and Terra's attributes are also incorrect due to phase distortion.

Kek, well, I don't think that really changes the fact that it's still pretty non-indicative, but I'll leave that for others to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back