• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giselle the waifu to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never claimed Giselle was a female though. I'm just repeating what Kubo said and that's Giselle being a guy.
That doesn’t make Giselle not female though. Since Giselle identifies as female. And she can be biologically male. So the statements can exist at the same time. You contradict Giselle though who says she’s a female and you contradict Kubo who also identifies her as a female.
*Stares at all the scans supporting Giselle being a guy along with Kubo also stating it.
What is the issue since you seem to be hard disagreeing with Kubo here.
*Stares at the scan of Gisselle saying she’s a female along with Kubo supporting it.

What’s the problem since you seem to think there’s a contradiction here.
You are though by saying Giselle is female when it's the opposite.
Giselle says she’s female so she’s female. Kubo identifies her as female. You’re the one saying Giselle says she’s male. Which you have no evidence for.
Post 91 and many others.
Nowhere did it say gender as many other points listed out. You just tried to say gender and sex mean the same thing.

You changing to disagree or keeping on agree?
I gave my alternative solution and I still agree. Gender identity and sex are not the same objectively.
I can change my gender to female in papers, and yet I am still male biologically. Let's focus on reality and truth.

At the end of the day, if she died and scientists after 100 years saw her grave and want to see which gender it is, the science will say he is male regardless.
Feeling/preferring =/= reality and truth

That doesn’t make Giselle not female though. Since Giselle identifies as female. And she can be biologically male. So the statements can exist at the same time. You contradict Giselle though who says she’s a female and you contradict Kubo who also identifies her as a female.
I'm not contradicting anything, I'm going off of what Kubo said.
*Stares at the scan of Gisselle saying she’s a female along with Kubo supporting it.
*Sips tea in male Giselle being correct
What’s the problem since you seem to think there’s a contradiction here.
You are saying Giselle is female which is wrong. Giselle is a guy according to Kubo.
Giselle says she’s female so she’s female. Kubo identifies her as female. You’re the one saying Giselle says she’s male. Which you have no evidence for.
If you ignore evidence and repeat the same thing it doesn't make you right. You know that right?
Nowhere did it say gender as many other points listed out. You just tried to say gender and sex mean the same thing.
It does though.

And yet being ignored 💀 More explicit and clearer than this can't be.
Also that's an old one compared to this one. So it's like he's staying consistent about it.
796mtbh.png

I'm not contradicting anything, I'm going off of what Kubo said.
You’re contradicting both Giselle and Kubo. You haven’t addressed the argument. Simply ignored it.
*Sips tea in the primacy source of the manga and character saying she’s female

0588-014.png

You are saying Giselle is female which is wrong. Giselle is a guy according to Kubo.
Giselle says she’s female which is true. Kubo identifies her as female which is true. And Kubo said she was male, which is true. You on the other hand have to ignore the first parts since they contradict the third part in your position.
If you ignore evidence and repeat the same thing it doesn't make you right. You know that right?
So maybe you should actually address the arguments at hand instead of ignoring them and simply repeating yourself hm? Projecting your arguments onto mine doesn’t work well.
It does though.
Nope, nowhere does it say that.

Jesus Christ. I made a mistake suggesting you to make this thread…

Anyway, this is cringe. It’s pretty clear that by “Man” they’re referring to biology (Whole context of that scene is how he could smell the cum off of Giselle). Giselle clearly identifies as a woman, she refers to herself as a woman and dislikes being called a man. This is not hard.

If I was in a position of that man, I would also say she is a girl, lmfao? This does not justify anything here.

Imagine you are in the street and a guy is dressed like a woman/has long hair and all feminine body and everything, you would also call him a girl

Now this does not proof or justify anything

Jesus Christ. I made a mistake suggesting you to make this thread…

Anyway, this is cringe. It’s pretty clear that by “Man” they’re referring to biology (Whole context of that scene is how he could smell the cum off of Giselle). Giselle clearly identifies as a woman, she refers to herself as a woman and dislikes being called a man. This is not hard.
Ok, but this does not really counter anything. Giselle is a man and identifies as a woman. Her gender identity is female, but her sex is male. Hard???

If I was in a position of that man, I would also say she is a girl, lmfao? This does not justify anything here.

Imagine you are in the street and a guy is dressed like a woman/has long hair and all feminine body and everything, you would also call him a girl

Now this does not proof or justify anything
What? She identifies herself to be a girl.

I would call them a girl if they identify themselves as a girl.

That is proof and justification.

Ok, but this does not really counter anything. Giselle is a man and identifies as a woman. Her gender identity is female, but her sex is male. Hard???
Yes, correct. Nobody is disputing this.

King is saying both her gender and sex is male. That’s what the CRT is about. Labeling Giselle with he/him pronouns for their gender on their profile. Hard???

I gave my alternative solution and I still agree. Gender identity and sex are not the same objectively.
I can change my gender to female in papers, and yet I am still male biologically. Let's focus on reality and truth.

At the end of the day, if she died and scientists after 100 years saw her grave and want to see which gender it is, the science will say he is male regardless.
Feeling/preferring =/= reality and truth
Holy Based

Yes, correct. Nobody is disputing this.

King is saying both her gender and sex is male. That’s what the CRT is about. Labeling Giselle with he/him pronouns for their gender on their profile. Hard???
Are you against CRT or agree with it? I am confused.
Oh no, wait. I am against pronouns, that's why I prefer my alternative solution better.

As I said, male (but identify as female) will solve everything.
What? She identifies herself to be a girl.

I would call them a girl if they identify themselves as a girl.

That is proof and justification.
mb, I thought that man called her an unarmed girl. Forget what I said 💀

But again, my alternative solution is better lol

Wait, after I read the guidelines, we can't apply my alternative solution. Ups – this sucks, actually.

But actually, it can work if we reword it
  • Avoid using the phrase 'identifies as' or similarly worded phrases - simply use the word 'is'.
  • Do not use the term 'preferred pronouns' as this implies that they are somehow not real or that they are optional to use. Simply use 'pronouns'.
  • Use 'whose gender identity does not match the gender they/she/he were/was assigned at birth' (commonly abbreviated as AGAB) instead of 'born as the wrong sex / born in the wrong body'.
  • Use 'assigned female/male at birth' (common short form 'AFAB' or 'AMAB') instead of 'biological woman/man' or 'biologically female/male'.

Are you against CRT or agree with it? I am confused.
Oh no, wait. I am against pronouns, that's why I prefer my alternative solution better.

As I said, male (but identify as female) will solve everything.
Disagree. Since the positions are not being applied correct. The position of this CRT is that both her gender and sex are male. So it is not correct.

So what we have currently right now is what will solve everything. Since Giselle’s gender is listed as being female on the wiki
mb, I thought that man called her an unarmed girl. Forget what I said 💀

But again, my alternative solution is better lol
But your alternative solution is literally what we have on the wiki.

Disagree. Since the positions are not being applied correct. The position of this CRT is that both her gender and sex are male. So it is not correct.
Wait, no. Then I am neutral rather than agreeing. Giving her gender and sex are male is just wrong according to the plot.
But may I see where she explicitly said her pronouns are she/her (not in dangerous situations because this can also be interpreted as a trap)
So what we have currently right now is what will solve everything. Since Giselle’s gender is listed as being female on the wiki
No, it is not objective anymore.
But your alternative solution is literally what we have on the wiki.
I don't understand what you said.

Wait, no. Then I am neutral rather than agreeing. Giving her gender and sex are male is just wrong according to the plot.
But may I see where she explicitly said her pronouns are she/her (not in dangerous situations because this can also be interpreted as a trap)
All the characters identify her as female even in the novel and Kubo himself has also identified her as female along with her herself identify as female. I’m confused on what you mean here.
No, it is not objective anymore.
What? The wiki is based on the gender of the character. Giselle’s gender is female so the wiki puts her as female.
I don't understand what you said.
See above

Wait, after I read the guidelines, we can't apply my alternative solution. Ups – this sucks, actually.

But actually, it can work if we reword it
We can’t reword it because those are FANDOM’s guidelines, not this site’s specifically.

All the characters identify her as female even in the novel and Kubo himself has also identified her as female along with her herself identify as female. I’m confused on what you mean here.

What? The wiki is based on the gender of the character. Giselle’s gender is female so the wiki puts her as female.

See above
Did she ever state she is a girl? (excluding dangerous situations)
If the individual does not clearly state their pronouns, the following should be assumed:
  • An individual who declares himself to be a transgender man should ultilize he/him. This is regardless of where he is in his transition.
  • An individual who declares herself to be a transgender female should utilize she/her. This is regardless of where she is in her transition.
  • Individuals who declare themselves to be gender non-binary should utilize they/them.
In fictional worlds, hints or allusions are sometimes used before a character is revealed to be transgender or non-binary. However, without a definitive statement of identification from the character, it is proper to defer to how the character is generally portrayed by others in the setting. For instance, if others refer to the character by using 'he/him' pronouns, until the character declares something that would contradict that, he should continue to be referred to as such.
If a character has never had a clear pronoun used to refer to them, and never stated their pronouns themselves, the default pronouns used should be "they" and "them" - this is natural English language for a person you don't know the gender of. E.g. "They first appeared in episode three of the second season."
We can use Pronouns, instead of identifying.

Did she ever state she is a girl? (excluding dangerous situations)
Why would you ask me if she ever stated she was a girl but then say to not include the time she said she was a girl? I’m genuinely confused on what you’re saying here.

Pronouns accompany the gender you identify with. The pronouns you choose is from the gender you identify with. Again I’m genuinely confused on what you’re asking here.

Why would you ask me if she ever stated she was a girl but then say to not include the time she said she was a girl? I’m genuinely confused on what you’re saying here.
Let me rephrase what I said. Did she ever state by herself “I am female, I want you to use with she/her”?
Did she ever correct someone when they refer to her as “he/him”?
Excluding any dangerous situations because they can be clearly interpreted differently.

If the CRT is wrong because he wants pronouns (gender identify) and sex to be equal (male), then you are also wrong if you want pronouns (gender identify) and sex to be equal (female).

At least accept this fact I stated.

Let me rephrase what I said. Did she ever state by herself “I am female, I want you to use with she/her”?
Did she ever correct someone when they refer to her as “he/him”?
Excluding any dangerous situations because they can be clearly interpreted differently.

If the CRT is wrong because he wants pronouns (gender identify) and sex to be equal (male), then you are also wrong if you want pronouns (gender identify) and sex to be equal (female).

At least accept this fact I stated.
Yes she has stated “I am a girl.” It doesn’t matter if the situation was in dangerous since to interpret the statement differently would require to say she has lying about her own gender identity. Which there is literally nothing to indicate that was the case. She also gets quite clearly upset when people call her a man but never does so when she is constantly at every point referred to with female pronouns. And Giselle uses female phrases when talking about herself as well.

Im gonna say this next part as respectfully as I can because I find what you just very strange to me. You didn’t read anything I’ve posted. Literally none of that. You just assumed I had a position that was wrong but didn’t bother to check if that was actually true or not. At no point did I ever once say Giselle’s biological sex was female. And I especially didn’t say that just because her gender identity was female. Go back and reread the argument between me and King, I say the opposite countless times. It’s very strange to me that you just defaulted to a position I never once even hinted at holding.

So what fact do I need to accept.

Yes she has stated “I am a girl.” It doesn’t matter if the situation was in dangerous since to interpret the statement differently would require to say she has lying about her own gender identity. Which there is literally nothing to indicate that was the case. She also gets quite clearly upset when people call her a man but never does so when she is constantly at every point referred to with female pronouns. And Giselle uses female phrases when talking about herself as well.

Im gonna say this next part as respectfully as I can because I find what you just very strange to me. You didn’t read anything I’ve posted. Literally none of that. You just assumed I had a position that was wrong but didn’t bother to check if that was actually true or not. At no point did I ever once say Giselle’s biological sex was female. And I especially didn’t say that just because her gender identity was female. Go back and reread the argument between me and King, I say the opposite countless times. It’s very strange to me that you just defaulted to a position I never once even hinted at holding.

It does matter which sitaution she said. Smth called "trap". My god

Ah I see, you’re being intentionally disingenuous. I understand now.

please wat about actual japanese pages not about eng translate

Can you prove she was lying? Because if not I invoke Occam’s razor.
Yes, I can prove she is lying, simply because in Japan you are not allowed to kill an unarmed girl. And yes, she can simply say I am a girl in this situation to prevent getting killed. Dang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back