• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giselle the waifu to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause you started it brining up IRL LBGT stuff.
I like how you dodged the point that proved you wrong. So I ask again, if Japan thinks sex and gender mean the same thing, why can someone legally change their gender in Japan.
There's no contradictions though for Giselle being male. Only female since you have to argue against the author himself to get that.
Yes there is. Giselle says she’s female and Kubo identifies her as female. So there’s a contradiction between both the character and the author. I don’t need to argue against anything. Since I’m not arguing against the author at all, since I don’t contract the author. Nor do I say his statement is wrong.
Cause it's Japanese so that's what it means, why are you trying to force your views onto a Japanese writer?
How do you know what that means in Japanese? Where did you get that it means what you say in Japanese? Why are you trying to force your views on a Japanese writer? Why do you think your view is the default view of the Japanese writer?

So if you look like a female your automatically a female?
If you identify as female therefore you are female. Also do you automatically assume if you look like a female or male you are a female or male?
If there weren't scans of Giselle's gender being male and also being stated as male by Kubo himself you might get a point here but you don't.
Where in any of you scans does it say Giselle’s gender is male. Nowhere have you provided that in either Kubo or the manga. I have scans that say Giselle’s gender is female. I have scans of Kubo identifying Giselle as female. So you don’t have any point.

I like how you dodged the point that proved you wrong. So I ask again, if Japan thinks sex and gender mean the same thing, why can someone legally change their gender in Japan.

Yes there is. Giselle says she’s female. So there’s a contradiction between both the character and the author. I don’t need to argue against anything. Since I’m not arguing against the author at all, since I don’t contract the author. Nor do I say his statement is wrong.

Kubo identifies her as female
About that. I know delusion is fun and all but Kubo called him a guy and he is a guy through gender and biology.
796mtbh.png
Q4P5X7H.jpg

How do you know what that means in Japanese? Where did you get that it means what you say in Japanese?
Google isn't that hard you should try it out.
Why are you trying to force your views on a Japanese writer? Why do you think your view is the default view of the Japanese writer?
I'm not I'm using a view from the east and not the western view on this. Which is your view apparently.

If you identify as female therefore you are female. Also do you automatically assume if you look like a female or male you are a female or male?
I'm not asking what a person identifies as I'm asking if you see a person and they look like a female are they a female yes or no.
Where in any of you scans does it say Giselle’s gender is male. Nowhere have you provided that in either Kubo or the manga. I have scans that say Giselle’s gender is female. I have scans of Kubo identifying Giselle as female.
You don't got scans you got a random ass tumblr post.
So you don’t have any point.
It's okay if a character isn't trans/female. It's not the end of the world.

About that. I know delusion is fun and all but Kubo called him a guy and he is a guy through gender and biology.
796mtbh.png
Q4P5X7H.jpg
I don’t see where in any of your scans Kubo says this is Giselle’s gender. Male can just mean Male sex. Hence why there’s literally multiple options in the other scan you posted. Also nice job dodging the question again. There’s
Google isn't that hard you should try it out.
I know, so you should be aware that you can legally change your gender in Japan. So how can that be if Japan has sex and gender mean the same. Maybe you should use google and find out.

I'm not I'm using a view from the east and not the western view on this. Which is your view apparently.
Well clearly you don’t know what the east views since you can legally change your gender in Japan. So why did you automatically assume your view was the view of the easy? Why are you trying to project your views on the entirety of the east?

I'm not asking what a person identifies as I'm asking if you see a person and they look like a female are they a female yes or no.
The answer is no. Do you think so? Do you think so long as you look female you are female regardless?
You don't got scans you got a random ass tumblr post.
And I got the translation. You posted a random image.
It's okay if a character isn't trans/female. It's not the end of the world.
And it’s not the end of the world if a character says their female. So if a character identifies as female, then we identify them as female.

Have you posting anything at all that shows that Giselle identifies as male? It doesn't seem like you have so far.
Here we got databook/extra stuff calling Giselle a guy. Kubo himself calling Giselle a guy. Here Giselle is a male by Yumichika 1 and 2. Charlette exposing Giselle as a crossdresser. Giselle using boku which is used usually by young men and boys.

The only argument against all of this is one time where Giselle ever refers to themselves as female is to save their skin/get cut by the people, a bluff/taunt basically.

The answer is no. Do you think so? Do you think so long as you look female you are female regardless?
The answer should be yes since people call Giselle a she not noting anything about them and based off the looks alone when we know by WoG that Giselle is a dude.
And I got the translation. You posted a random image.
You got a random translation that can't be found anywhere else.
And it’s not the end of the world if a character says their female. So if a character identifies as female, then we identify them as female.
So we should disregard the author himself when favor of our own interpretations?

Could just refer to Giselle being biologically male.

Here Giselle is a male by Yumichika 1 and 2.

Seemingly refers just to biology.

Seems to be just Charlotte's opinion.

Also used by girls sometimes.

Well, that's a not very convincing collection of evidence. With two staff members disagreeing, I think it would probably be fine if this was closed.

The answer should be yes since people call Giselle a she not noting anything about them and based off the looks alone when we know by WoG that Giselle is a dude
Ah thanks for saying that just because someone looks like a gender therefore they are a gender. So it doesn’t matter what they identify as or what their sex is. All that needs is just to “look” like a gender. Ever heard of a tomboy or a femboy? Also I never said otherwise.
You got a random translation that can't be found anywhere else.
Yours is a random image with no raws.
So we should disregard the author himself when favor of our own interpretations?
I’m not disregarding the author. Since I see nothing wrong with the statement. You on the other hand have to disregard the author and the character for your own little agenda.

Disagree with the OP. Giselle clearly identifies as a woman, so her gender listing should remain as female.
Gender and sex are different. This should be clear, I don't know which politics this forum follows, but both terms are different.
Even if you identify yourself as a woman rn, but you are a man, in your ID it will say you are a man. Let's stay objective.
This video explains much of what I am talking

Could just refer to Giselle being biologically male.
It's weird that something that says male gender would be talking about biologically male, and that Kubo's answer was in reference to this.
Seemingly refers just to biology.
If it was a one off thing yeah maybe but it isn't.
Seems to be just Charlotte's opinion.
What's stopping Yumichika's statement from being an opinion then?
Also used by girls sometimes.
Yes but all points point to Giselle being a male.
Well, that's a not very convincing collection of evidence. With two staff members disagreeing, I think it would probably be fine if this was closed.
So Kubo himself isn't convincing enough? Okay.

Why not get more mods opinions or is 2 enough to close a topic that has decent evidence in favor of it?

Have you posting anything at all that shows that Giselle identifies as male? It doesn't seem like you have so far.
Actually, yes I do have an issue tho. The topic is not closed. His scans are explaining much, you guys need to look at it objectively more.

Ah thanks for saying that just because someone looks like a gender therefore they are a gender. So it doesn’t matter what they identify as or what their sex is. All that needs is just to “look” like a gender. Ever heard of a tomboy or a femboy? Also I never said otherwise.
Have you ever heard of a crossdresser or drag? Cause it seems like you haven't.
Yours is a random image with no raws.
It does have raws lol.
I’m not disregarding the author. Since I see nothing wrong with the statement. You on the other hand have to disregard the author and the character
You are though. You are saying the author is wrong.
for your own little agenda.
Oh so you know my agenda? What is it please tell me.

I actually have an alternative solution if this does not work

Look at the gender section. It says he is genderless but identifies as male. So we can use the same method in this profile.

I actually have an alternative solution if this does not work

Look at the gender section. It says he is genderless but identifies as male. So we can use the same method in this profile.
That would work for me.

if Rimuru one is not applicable under Fandom's guidelines, then change the gender section.

Have you ever heard of a crossdresser or drag? Cause it seems like you haven't.
Yes I have. But I don’t think that just by the way they look, that’s what their gender is. You think a tomboy is a male just because they look male to you.
It does have raws lol.
It’s a random image lol.
You are though. You are saying the author is wrong.
No I wasn’t. Point to where I said Kubo was wrong. Since I said Kubo’s statement works fine.
Oh so you know my agenda? What is it please tell me.
Your view that Giselle’s gender is male because you think gender and sex mean the same thing which you somehow projected onto the entirety of the east lmao. You even think your view is what the east believes when you have no idea what Japan’s law states.

Yes I have. But I don’t think that just by the way they look, that’s what their gender is. You think a tomboy is a male just because they look male to you.
So cause Giselle looks like a female they are female then?
It’s a random image lol.
Is that the only counter you have?
No I wasn’t. Point to where I said Kubo was wrong. Since I said Kubo’s statement works fine.
Kubo isn't wrong since he's the one who created the character. How can you sit here and say kubo is wrong about Giselle being a male when he created Giselle?
Your view that Giselle’s gender is male because you think gender and sex mean the same thing which you somehow projected onto the entirety of the east lmao. You even think your view is what the east believes when you have no idea what Japan’s law states.
I think it causes the scans support Giselle being a male.

No, you projecting your views onto the entirety of the east and the position of someone looking like x means they are x.
That's a hypothetical question you didn't understand and you started reeing saying I have an agenda. Also, they are a dude cause of all the evidence supporting it.

So cause Giselle looks like a female they are female then?
According to your view yes. See how illogical that is.
Is that the only counter you have?
You don’t have a counter either. I posted the translation and you posted the translation. What’s the issue.
Kubo isn't wrong since he's the one who created the character. How can you sit here and say kubo is wrong about Giselle being a male when he created Giselle?
I never said Kubo was wrong. Why do you keep projecting yourself into me. You however do think Kubo is wrong.
I think it causes the scans support Giselle being a male.
Where does it say her gender is male.

Yes they aren't, but in case of Giselle Kubo said they male through all the scans posted.
If he is male but identifies as female or acts female, literally do like Rimuru one. I don't mind.
But if this does not work, guys our motto is accuracy lol

That's a hypothetical question you didn't understand and you started reeing saying I have an agenda. Also, they are a dude cause of all the evidence supporting it.
I literally asked you the hypothetical question and you answered with yes lmao. I’m not coping or malding or seething because you’re the one who seems very angry here. I’m just calmly and rationally deconstructing all of your bad positions. You however seem very intent on projecting your bad arguments onto me though.

According to your view yes. See how illogical that is.
I never claimed Giselle was a female though. I'm just repeating what Kubo said and that's Giselle being a guy.
You don’t have a counter either. I posted the translation and you posted the translation. What’s the issue.
*Stares at all the scans supporting Giselle being a guy along with Kubo also stating it.
What is the issue since you seem to be hard disagreeing with Kubo here.
I never said Kubo was wrong. Why do you keep projecting yourself into me. You however do think Kubo is wrong.
You are though by saying Giselle is female when it's the opposite.
Where does it say her gender is male.
Post 91 and many others.

If he is male but identifies as female or acts female, literally do like Rimuru one. I don't mind.
But if this does not work, guys our motto is accuracy lol
The only time Giselle ever identified as something was to save their skin/get cut for their blood to get spilled onto the people from squad 11.

I literally asked you the hypothetical question and you answered with yes lmao. I’m not coping or malding or seething because you’re the one who seems very angry here. I’m just calmly and rationally deconstructing all of your bad positions. You however seem very intent on projecting your bad arugments onto me though
You on the other hand have to disregard the author and the character for your own little agenda.
Dis you?

why even caring about genders, out there are better things to be cared about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back