• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giselle the waifu to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Giselle has always been biologically male.

And her gender has always been female. So what are you larping about.
Yeah Giselle is biologically male. That’s what male means.

You’re trying to say that’s Giselle’s gender though and Kubo says it’s her gender too. Which is the contradiction
Don't know about that chief, not like crossdressers don't exist or that these scans don't disprove your entire argument.
QWa85xZ.jpg

Q4P5X7H.jpg

Male Gender kinda disproves your whole point about this. So not really larping.

Because I like to have optimism in people’s ability for good.
What's good about being wrong though?
No you didn’t. You just used Occam’s razor incorrectly because you invoked more contradictions.
Occam's razor is 'the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred' yours isn't really simple my dude.
Well oxford definitions would like to have a word with you.
Didn't know Kubo was an English man.
Cool, Male can be in reference to just her biology instead of both her gender and biology. So prove he was using it for both sex and gender. Also yes it is since it invokes less contradiction as shown in post 38.
Not really as seen in the previous post I just put it's gender.
The majority was backed by the author too, which means you’re saying the author is contradicting himself. So this is not the simplest option.
The author says Giselle is a dude in gender and biology so...
Why would I have the raws scan with me? I looked for the translations and found them. There are no raws in the image you posted.
So they can be checked to make sure they are right. It's what I do with my scans. If not you can just throw some random bs up on a tumblr post and say it's legit.

Here we got databook/extra stuff calling Giselle a male. Here Giselle is a male by Yumichika 1 and 2. Charlette exposing Giselle as a crossdresser. And you also have the latest which is the above of Kubo stating that Giselle is a guy.
Thanks for this.

The first scan identities Giselle as a male, and the second two have Yumichika identifying Giselle as a male through her smell. A genius is not required to figure out that Giselle is very clearly biologically a male.

However, at the same time, Giselle refers to herself using female pronouns and as an "unarmed girl", and whenever the matter of whether or not she is a male or crossdressing is brought up, she becomes enraged. Once again, a genius is not required to figure out that Giselle prefers to be identified as a female, hence why she wears women's clothes and is enlisted in an all-women team and loses her temper when addressed as anything else.

Don't know about that chief, not like crossdressers don't exist or that these scans don't disprove your entire argument.
QWa85xZ.jpg

Q4P5X7H.jpg

Male Gender kinda disproves your whole point about this. So not really larping.
This image disproves your entire position

0588-014.png

Yeah there’s a male gender, too bad for you that gender doesn’t have to correspond with your sex. And Giselle identified herself as female. You have zero counter to my arguments.

What's good about being wrong though?
Nothing, hence why I opt to be right.
Occam's razor is 'the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred' yours isn't really simple my dude.
Yes it is since it has the least contradictions. You literally can’t refute this point.
Didn't know Kubo was an English man.
This doesn’t make any sense.
Not really as seen in the previous post I just put it's gender.
Prove it.
The author says Giselle is a dude in gender and biology so...
Prove it. Where does he say Giselle’s gender is male.
So they can be checked to make sure they are right. It's what I do with my scans. If not you can just throw some random bs up on a tumblr post and say it's legit.
So it’s a good thing I opted to pick literally the bleach translator who has literally been translating the series for years now huh. Including the novels and so forth. You scan has no raws either you know, right.

Thanks for this.
Np.
The first scan identities Giselle as a male, and the second two have Yumichika identifying Giselle as a male through her smell. A genius is not required to figure out that Giselle is very clearly biologically a male.
Yes, and there's also the raw I posted in which Giselle uses the term boku(post 46), and the Kubo flat out stating Giselle is a guy in the first post image, along with Giselles gender being stated as male in post 43.
However, at the same time, Giselle refers to herself using female pronouns and as an "unarmed girl", and whenever the matter of whether or not she is a male or crossdressing is brought up, she becomes enraged. Once again, a genius is not required to figure out that Giselle prefers to be identified as a female, hence why she wears women's clothes and is enlisted in an all-women team and loses her temper when addressed as anything else.
Giselle got enraged cause their act got exposed by the dude. Since Giselle was bluffing/taunting them into getting cut. This is also the only time Giselle calls themselves a girl, which is then immediately countered when using boku along with all the other information gathered.

0588-015.png
0588-014.png

This image disproves your entire position

0588-014.png

Yeah there’s a male gender, too bad for you that gender doesn’t have to correspond with your sex.
It does correspond with Giselle's though.
And Giselle identified herself as female. You have zero counter to my arguments.
*Stares at all the posts that countered this claim.
So like do you choose to just want to believe a lie cause its comforting?

Np.

Yes, and there's also the raw I posted in which Giselle uses the term boku(post 46), and the Kubo flat out stating Giselle is a guy in the first post image, along with Giselles gender being stated as male in post 43.

Giselle got enraged cause their act got exposed by the dude. Since Giselle was bluffing/taunting them into getting cut. This is also the only time Giselle calls themselves a girl, which is then immediately countered when using boku along with all the other information gathered.

0588-015.png
0588-014.png
Occam’s razor also disproves this point.

Watch:

Me: Giselle identifies herself as a female therefore she is female.
You: Well actually Giselle was lying, she actually identidies herself to be male even though she says she’s female.

Occam’s razor prevails once more.

It does correspond with Giselle's though.
Giselle identified herself as female therefore she is female.

Occam’s razor.
*Stares at all the posts that countered this claim.
So like do you choose to just want to believe a lie cause its comforting?
None of them did, you simply failed to demonstrate your claims. Nor the arguments presented such as how gender and sex don’t necessarily mean the same thing.

Nothing, hence why I opt to be right.
But you not as stated by Kubo.
Yes it is since it has the least contradictions. You literally can’t refute this point.
It doesn't though since Kubo himself disagrees with you.
This doesn’t make any sense.
He's Japanese.
Prove it.
I did? I'm sorry that you refused to read the scan and continue on with this.
Prove it. Where does he say Giselle’s gender is male.
I have in post 43, male gender.
So it’s a good thing I opted to pick literally the bleach translator who has literally been translating the series for years now huh. Including the novels and so forth. You scan has no raws either you know, right.
Cool, gimmie the raws so I can get them checked. Cause I don't trust random ass Tumblr posts.

Occam’s razor also disproves this point.

Watch:

Me: Giselle identifies herself as a female therefore she is female.
You: Well actually Giselle was lying, she actually identidies herself to be male even though she says she’s female.

Occam’s razor prevails once more.
I'm saying Giselles a dude cause Kubo said Giselles a dude.

Giselle identified herself as female therefore she is female.
Kubo disagrees as shown in the scans posted.
Occam’s razor.
You truly don't know how that works it seems.
None of them did, you simply failed to demonstrate your claims. Nor the arguments presented such as how gender and sex don’t necessarily mean the same thing.
*Stares at the scan of it saying Giselle is male gender.

Kubo disagrees as shown in the scans posted.
He does not. Prove he was talking about gender as well as sex.
You truly don't know how that works it seems.
Actually it seems you’re simply incapable of understanding that less contradictions=simpler option.
*Stares at the scan of it saying Giselle is male gender.
Where does it say “gender?” Are you also no aware of burden of proof.

Jesus Christ. I made a mistake suggesting you to make this thread…

Anyway, this is cringe. It’s pretty clear that by “Man” they’re referring to biology (Whole context of that scene is how he could smell the cum off of Giselle). Giselle clearly identifies as a woman, she refers to herself as a woman and dislikes being called a man. This is not hard.

Jesus Christ. I made a mistake suggesting you to make this thread…
You reap what you sow.
Anyway, this is cringe. It’s pretty clear that by “Man” they’re referring to biology (Whole context of that scene is how he could smell the cum off of Giselle). Giselle clearly identifies as a woman, she refers to herself as a woman and dislikes being called a man. This is not hard.
If there weren't multiple scans in my favor I would agree, but I got to disagree since all the scans so far are in my favor.

Q4P5X7H.jpg

Huh? How does this not contradict everything you've been saying? Male gender.
So prove its option number 2 instead of option number 1.

Also you said Kubo, this is a jump scan.

Also this scan by Giselle disproves your argument

0588-014.png
Manga>shonen jump magazines

Cause it's means both lol. It's not that hard to understand.
Prove it. Sex and gender have different definitions so prove they mean the same thing here. It’s not that hard to grasp the concept of burden of proof.
It's by Kubo so it's canon.
Shonen jump is an outside source, the manga is the main source. Manga>shonen jump.
Kubo WoG>>>Giselle being female.
The two statements don’t contradict though. So there’s no need to put one over the other. You trying to do so makes a contradiction which goes against Occam’s razor,

Prove it. Sex and gender have different definitions so prove they mean the same thing here. It’s not that hard to grasp the concept of burden of proof.
In the west yes, in japan no.
Shonen jump is an outside source, the manga is the main source. Manga>shonen jump.
So WoG <<< Manga?
The two statements don’t contradict though. So there’s no need to put one over the other. You trying to do so makes a contradiction which goes against Occam’s razor,
They do though since Giselle is a male by gender and biology.

Then why can trans people change their gender in Japan if gender and sex mean the same thing.
I don't know what IRL LBGT stuff has to do with a fictional manga but what?
WoG can equal manga. Since there’s no contradiction in the manga and WoG. Then WoG=manga.
Yeah that Giselle is a guy it's not contradicted at all.
Prove it. Prove her gender is male.
I have already, you keep asking for this and I reference the post yet you keep repeating yourself.

I don't know what IRL LBGT stuff has to do with a fictional manga but what?
You said in Japan sex and gender mean the same thing. You’re talking about IRL LGBTQ stuff. So if that’s the definition of sex and gender in Japan, why can people legally change their gender in Japan if it means the same as sex.
Yeah that Giselle is a guy it's not contradicted at all.
Yeah it’s not contracted at all that Giselle is biologically male. What is the contradiction is saying Giselle’s gender is male which contradicts both Kubo and Giselle. Thus Occam’s razor favors the least contradictions. I know you like to dance away from this point but there’s no going around it.
I have already, you keep asking for this and I reference the post yet you keep repeating yourself.
No you have not. You did not prove that gender and sex mean the same thing. All you did was say that’s what it meant in Japan. Which you were wrong about. That’s not proving anything.

because they can identify with it if they want to, i dont see the point, are you suggesting that they can't?
No but King was saying in Japan gender and sex mean the same thing. So if that’s the case how can people legally change their gender in Japan.

If one says x is a guy, and the other says x girl cause of how it looks what one is right?
These two statements don’t contradict each other though. Because you can be biologically male and still have a gender of female. So no contradiction present.

You said in Japan sex and gender mean the same thing. You’re talking about IRL LGBTQ stuff. So if that’s the definition of sex and gender in Japan, why can people legally change their gender in Japan if it means the same as sex.
Cause you started it brining up IRL LBGT stuff.
Yeah it’s not contracted at all that Giselle is biologically male. What is the contradiction is saying Giselle’s gender is male which contradicts both Kubo and Giselle. Thus Occam’s razor favors the least contradictions. I know you like to dance away from this point but there’s no going around it.
There's no contradictions though for Giselle being male. Only female since you have to argue against the author himself to get that.
No you have not. You did not prove that gender and sex mean the same thing. All you did was say that’s what it meant in Japan. Which you were wrong about. That’s not proving anything.
Cause it's Japanese so that's what it means, why are you trying to force your views onto a Japanese writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back