• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh vs Yukari Yakumo (Revisited... Again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well. Don't mind me.

Just counting votes...

Gilgamesh:

Yukari: 3 (Gargoyle One, The-JManRequiem, Andykhang)

Inconclusive:

Jokes on you, Sha Nagba Imuru is Omnipotent Omniscient Star ovo.

Mind manipulation doesn't really work on him. SNI is designed to reveal concealed truths, possibilities and so on. That's why he is broken. He will know pretty much everything he needs.

I'm not really convinced that she can bombard him with random attacks.

It doesn't really need to, TBH. All she needed to do is shifted the image ever so slightly, to planted doubt. Even if it doesn't work, it give the possibility that it's, a possibility that he couldn't ignore. Maybe she already do it before they entered the stage, maybe she just make it so obvious to hide a deeper move, or maybe she doesn't do anything at all to mess with him. Heck, she doesn't even need to actually do it, at that point. The moment he open that can of worms, the moment he ever doubt his own intelligent and mentality...

The moment he revealed the abyss that is Yukari's mind, Yukari is already look at him. (Speaking of which, isn't her eyes (and her ability) work in the same vein as him? (at least with her being able to time travel) )

Andy.

For one, Yukari's mind manip is borderline non-combat applicable. That's literally listed in her profile.

For two, Gilgamesh has massive resistance to Mind Manip, and against people with way better Mind Manip feats at that.

Yukari messing with his mind or with SNI of all things is not flying.

For once, I'm not talking about mind manip in that sense, but more like mind game (and truth/lie, fantasy/reality manip). And again, just the possibility that it could work would already messed with his mind, allowing for her to play with it the old-fashion, human-dealing-with-human way.

Andy, instead of relying on random speculation, why don't you just rely on the things that we know for sure and can reliably use?

I'm inclined to go with Yukari, myself. She'll duck away into a gap whenever Gilgamesh pulls out Ea or tries to shoot her down, while bombarding him with danmaku, which is definitely gonna be capable of matching the Gate of Babylon and exceeding its fire rate. She doesn't need to pull out Boundary Manipulation from the start. As soon as she does pull it out, she can do something like seal Gilgamesh into a 2D plane.

@Andy And I'm telling you that's not working because he has way better feats of resistance against anything of the sort.

While simple mindgames won't matter at all against something that literally tells him like a "how to win guide and possible endings and what you should do to get each of them".

It's like playing dice against someone who knows every single combination that will be coming along.

Promestein said:
Andy, instead of relying on random speculation, why don't you just rely on the things that we know for sure and can reliably use?
/\ This.

Thank you so much for this.

I literally went to the trouble of finding the past CRTs around to get some of the most significant stuff listed and this still happened. rip

Pretty much.

So, I am always cautious around projectile-based attacks. Basically, in my head, once Ea starts devouring those projectiles can't go through "area" that has no Space. At least that's my assumption.

Spatial and Time Manipulation won't work. Intagibility doesn't help her since he can hit intagible beings. Invisibility doesn't help her due to SNI. Death resistance probably doesn't help you again Enuma Elish. Existence Erasure would help her for now because I didn't make CRT :(. Conceptual destruction would most likely work.

Now, I'm not really sure about 2D BFR due to his "I go where I want". He was able to leave 5D space even though he was bound there by rules. Hence "Screw the rules, I am rules."

She actually has a lot less hax then I thought she'd have. Anyhow I'll give my vote to Yukari for the reasons above.

@Prom

Gil still has Rhos Aias and the countless shields in his treasury to match Yukari's Danmaku.

But has Yukari sealed someone into a 2-D Plane before? I'm genuinely curious.

She also had a massive hand in isolating the entire human world from Gensokyo via Reality/Fantasy Boundary.

@Fate

Thanks.

So... it looks like Yukari is going to turtle his one out until she finally gets bored and uses her 2-D/3-D Manipulation.

Yukari for reasons above (Onslaught of Danmaku, Gaps, Seal) and Train

I'll have to go with Yukari.

Danmaku will overwhelm Gilgamesh or at least counter Gate of Babylon. She can use Gaps to leave and re-enter the battlefield, she can seal him away, etc.

And people forget that Yukari is a really potent Reality Warper, too.

So, it goes.

Gilgamesh:

Yukari: 7 (Gargoyle One, The-JManRequiem, Promestein, Knightofannihilation666, Reppuzan, ALRF, Matthew Schroeder)

Inconclusive:

Flourine was meme and Andhy's reasoning was iffy so naturally didn't count these two. Either way, as it is, she's the winner. Now we wait whether Swag wants to give Gil a vote for the grace or if this gets concluded.
YukariTrainworks
For the moment, it's "Yukari via Train."

Let's be honest here.

Train does all the work here.

Hajun? train'd.

At this point we can almost make an entire baseball team out of the characters with "that one BS move" in VS threads.

Hold on?

Dud Yukari just get a win against Gil?

I was expecting Rep or someone to come in here and pull out a multidimensional Ea.

Weird, Gil loses to Yukari despite being stronger then the last Yukari vs Gil match...Which was inconclusive

@Gargoyle

Mainly because we've got a better grasp of Yukari's abilities this time around.

Basically, Yukari's turtling ability along with her ability to manipulate the 2-D and 3-D planes and seal people in them is what's the deciding factor.

Gil probably has something that would let him chase her, but I'm not going to rely on speculation for this.

Lol.

Really though, if you continue making and remaking a match without previous knowledge, a character can either win, lose, or pull an inconclusive depending on the people in the thread, or the reasons.

Reppuzan said:
@Gargoyle

Mainly because we've got a better grasp of Yukari's abilities this time around.

Basically, Yukari's turtling ability along with her ability to manipulate the 2-D and 3-D planes and seal people in them is what's the deciding factor.

Gil probably has something that would let him chase her, but I'm not going to rely on speculation for this.
Or this, this too....

Which is why if I Evveeeeeer made a Yukari vs Novel Kars thread I'd wait for ya.

Speaking of which, should Kars vs Gil be removed?

>ever

Please no, I need that sleep dude, itd just be Kars hides and sends in clones untill either something works or the universe literally explodes in like 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back