• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? 1 person who we KNOW what he's gonna do and can say indefinitely he's gonna pull out his trump card from the get go

vs a shit ton of duplicates where one will have to do the exact same thing.

You act as if somehow Gil has an extra step.. What you said doesn't reliably say who gets it off first. The moment we hear "FIGHT" Gil will already know to use EA so it's the few seconds it takes it to charge vs the RNG of duplicates counting on one to think of time stop. And you say we can reliably predict that the duplicates will win more times than not? Also, what exactly stops him from using GoB to kill the duplicate that may use it?

The sheer amount of duplicates makes the time stop basically granted. And what prevents Gil from using GoB is the duplicate who time stop.

It takes time to charge?

Also, I literally said False Sayaka starts off with it. It isn't RNG.

Yeah, we kinda can when they're a hive mind to begin with. The only reason why False Sayaka starts off with it is because she otherwise is the weakest, if she's put in to danger or won't do it for whatever reason, literally any other one will do it.

Idk, maybe the countless others of duplicates / tentacles? Or the fact that any other wraith can literally do it to.

By the sound of things, Gil gets time-stopped before he gets a chance to do something.

Granted, he probably has something in his treasury to counter it, but until he reveals it I'm just speculating.

False Sayaka probably wins here.

Well as far as the duplicates go, Gil is capable of easily wrecking them with GoB spam. They're Low 7-B+ at best whereas GoB spam is comfortably 7-A with some High 7-A weapons like Merodarch.

So Gil can't prevent the time stop, we've established that.

However what's the one shot ability False Sayaka is using? It might have been mentioned earlier, but I don't recall.

After reading this thread numerous times (3 or 4 times) for some reason, i vote AoC for reasons above

I'm not sure we have reached 7 Votes until someone confirms me that Reppu votes for AoC....or vote it yourself.

Also, once this is done, I'll stay away from any Fate or Naruverse vs thread in general for a while.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
I'm not sure we have reached 7 Votes until someone confirms me that Reppu votes for AoC....or vote it yourself.
Also, once this is done, I'll stay away from any Fate or Naruverse vs thread in general for a while.
Weren't you sleeping?!?!?!?

You know, eats healthy foods on time and a coffee in the morning helps....Not a problem cause I can basically sleep at my workplace for good hours during breaks.

Thanks....but this match makes me to not touching any matches involving Fate series or nasuverse in general for the time being.

Anyway, this can be added.

I mean, if Gil has no way of stopping a Time Stop into murder combo, then it's kind of a stomp since he'll never get a chance to do anything.

@Gargoyle

Only Time Manipulation falls under the amount of magic that Gil's Magic Resistance can negate. Outright Time Travel and Time Stop falls under the realm of True Magic and is thus beyond the scope of magic from the Age of Gods. Therefore Gil won't have any defense against Time Stop.

There's a difference between having the chance to do damage and not. Gil doesn't have that chance and therefore it's a stomp.

@Repp this m8 then what's with all of Homuras wins when she wins as soon as the match starts thanks to 2-A mind screw. That includes wins over the likes of Gil and Ren

@Gargoyle

That was probably my fault and I apologize for that.

I've only recently done more reading and I can't recall any outright time stopping feats that have been demonstrated, only acceleration and stagnation.

Dude.

You do so much on this site and from what I remember your busy in real life as well.

Don't apologize, it's completely fine.

It wasn't you who told me either, it was Monarch

@Gar you can just say you edited it out instead of lying lol.

@Repp Gil can win, he just won't be able due the behavior of AoC. A stomp would be that there is no possible way to win at all.

If the opponent can't get around it yes they are.

Alright

Every single thread involving Mind Hax, Broken Matter Manipulation, or abilities that instantly win the fight are all stomps

I'm amazed we actually wank time stop this much.

SomebodyData said:
@Gar you can just say you edited it out instead of lying lol.

@Repp Gil can win, he just won't be able due the behavior of AoC. A stomp would be that there is no possible way to win at all.
Sorry, should have said "You saw nothing" which would convey sarcasm better

Time Manipulation can be resisted.

There's time Manipulation in fights that get added you know

@Repp With all due respect, doesn't have resistant to specific ability isn't always guarantee a stomp. Takes SMT Dante vs Homura for example, they one-shot each other but Homura has the advantage because she can activates her memory manip ability with a though while Dante has to draw his weapon first to activate his OHK ability, which Homu doesn't have resistance to it.

The point is, each of them has a way to take out each other. This also the same like Gil vs Homu too.

Guess not

I've been told otherwise by others

Wonder what other stuff there goes through resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back