• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Weapon VS The Man With All of The Weapons (Shichika Yasuri VS Gilgamesh)

this was literally never the case

restricting stat amps, as long as they don't outright boost to an entirely different tier when the OP specifies, makes the match unable to be added

This was already brought up before when we had discussions about speed amps and speed equal. It was very much agreed that a much slower character winning mostly by speed amps in speed equal is a hard no.

He didn't win because he could, but because speed was equal. That'd be no different from putting Shichika 1 meter away from Gil before the fight starts, it's oxymoronic and puts obvious advantage on one side.

so you want me to either unequalized speed, which is a massive blitz for Gil, or restrict Shichika's stat amp, which makes the match unable to be added.

12/10

Lancelot you need to get your head out of your ass and realize that when i said "blitz-level speed amp" i DID NOT MEAN "Shichika kills Gil 10000000000000000000000000 times before he can react"

I honestly don't mean to come off as unreasonable, but it genuinely feels like you're not listening to a single thing i'm saying

Shichika's stat amp appears to only work in short bursts, but it does bring him from Subsonic to Supersonic which is quite the distance.

In-character he usually either dodges, analyzes, and chooses the most appropriate move from there, or leads with speed boost and his armor-piercing punch.

Post-Completion, however, his analysis becomes passive and no longer requires him to dodge an attack so he'd lead with whatever technique will take Gil out most efficiently.

Are YOU, actually listening to a single thing I am saying? At what point have I, perhaps, implied that Shichika is gonna go Ren Fuji on Gilgamesh and boost his speed 300 times?

But if that's still the main reason for his win, it can't be added. Argue it with whatever admin is suitable, but it was hammered in a discussion about speed equal before. I don't think I need to explain the fail in logic where a way slower character wins against a faster character... because he was faster. This is a explicit situation where speed equal doesn't allow an equal fight, but makes the character that would lose, win for the same reason he would lose, and I don't think I need to explain anymore why that's a big no here.

If specific forms and/or techniques that massively increase a character's AP to a higher tier can be restricted, can the same not be done for speed?

E.g. Restricting Iris to avoid a speedblitz?

I will also add that as a Completed Deviant Blade, Shichika no longer uses Iris in-character.

If he doesn't use the amps. there shouldn't be a problem.

As far as I know no, the only thing that tends to get restricted are special techniques or forms that are a different tier altogether. If the amp doesn't turn things into a stomp, then the match is gucci. If it comes too close to doing that and there's no feasible way around it, then it's just a mismatch and the match gets dropped.

Mind showing me where this rule was agreed upon? Because i am 100% sure that this rule never existed in the first place and was only ever discussed. The only forms of amps that cam be restricted are ones that place someone in an entirely separate tier. If the speed boost leads to a massive blitz, then it's a massive blitz and can't be added for other reasons besides "muh speed amp". Shichika does not massively blitz, as his speed amp is only barely above what comparable people can perceive.

I'll have to find the thread later, it was from a good while ago.

Then clarifty all that instead of calling it a blitz-level stat amp. Was that really so hard?

Hmmm, you know i'm thinking about this match, why must Gil if you have either Li Shuwen or Yan Qing for better opponent? There is Sigurd but he already defeated Nanami so yeah

Because Shichika is basically THE anti-weapon guy

neither Li Shuwen nor Yan Qing even use weapons at all, except for Lancer Shuwen but that's probably not what you meant

You don't get it, what i mean is battle of martial artist, yes they are not have any weapon but they are skillful in martial artist.

If we're being technical, Shichika is a swordsman in some really weird manner that no one would really call using a sword but Kyotōryü is weird

Now that there's a Standard Tactics thing, I may need to go through the Katanagatari characters and specify that so matches like this can go more smoothly

Back