• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Weapon VS The Man With All of The Weapons (Shichika Yasuri VS Gilgamesh)

going off from what I've been told about Shichika, he's basically Shirou if Shirou was a weapon and had more weapons. Since this is Fate Gil, he'll be too arrogant to use SNI against him and has some moves that can potentially take Gil out, like his normal moves being capable of destroying his internal organs which can exhaust his mana to keep himself together before he tries to even use the weapons that could actually work on him, so all in all, Shichika gets my vote.

Based on the picture and it saying base Gil I'm assuming Servant Gil with the armor

That means there are no organs to hit and he has great magic reistance and better durability

An argument can be made for Gil resisting almost all of Shichika's stuff via magic resist thanks to verse equalisation but eh

The range means that the fight probably goes like this

Gil opens a couple portals and fires at Shichika who then avoids them

Gil opens even more portals and Shichika still dodges

Gil opens a bubble around Shichika and chains while nuking and continues until he dies

Or Gil chains at any of the earlier stages and nukes while Shichika tries to close the distance or he just opens so many portals Shichika can't avoid it all

If this is Fate Zero Servant Gil he mifrht also just pull out his ship and chill in the air too ovo

Edit:Distance was closed but Gil could still manage this or just Chain and nuke before Shichika manages anything major I feel

added a starting range since that seemed to have been an issue

There are no organs, yes, but it still lets him bypass Golden Armor and let him hit Gil, who he is at least a bit stronger than.

Also, Shichika seems to passively copy powers, especially that of weapons. So assuming he can't just copy the portal summoning, he just keeps getting stronger the more that Gil throws at him. Additionally, Gil doesn't specifically use any regen negating weapons in-character, he just spams whatever.

Thr weapons Gil tends to throw have no powers besides go boom on contact so that doesn't really help

Starting range means Shichika can close the distance before Gil can do anything meaninful to him with his blade.

The armor won't mean much, Shichika killed someone similar by hitting him and frying him inside the armor.

The chains are good but not 1 hits due to shichika lacking anything divine.

@H13

Shichika doesn't copy blades like that boi. He copies fighting styles (but doesn't use them anyway), gil doesn't use swordsmanship, he just throws swords around.

Anyway for now imma vote Shichika

Gilgamesh can fight in melee. He has done so a few times way back in Stay Night, showing that he has both the physical strength and speed to match some of the best melee fighters.

He can't, but he won't. He mainly did it to ridicule Arthuria, and even then she couldn't do much because she kept a very wary eye on any weapon he pulled out, not knowing what abilities any of them might have.

He can't match the best melee fighers and never has been able to.

He can.

What people are basically thinking is that if someone gets in melee range of him, he instantly dies. He doesn't. Artoria was not able to instantly kill him in melee, Shirou with Caliburn (which attacks on its own) wasn't able to, Cu Chulainn wasn't able to with his sneak attack.

Moreover, we've seen that engaging him in melee can be extremely dangerous, shown by the fact that Artoria was being heavily harmed by effects of weapons he chose.

Let's not misinform people.

A swordfight with swords of the same caliber definitely won't do for Gil.

But maybe if he get something like SpaceAxe or Gram out?

He doesn't instantly die, but Gilgamesh never has been and never will be a skilled swordsman, not even close. The ONLY real reason Arthuria couldn't do anything is that she could only attack his head to do any lasting damage, but she constantly kept her distance while having no idea what any of his weapons could do. Shirou's situation has nothing to do with it as Caliburn was just shattered, and not having much fighting skill doesn't equate having bad reactions or not being perceptive, which Gil is, so not even the Cu case applies here.

I;m not misinforming, no clue why you thought of such a thing.

She kept her distance when he finally decided to do something. Until then she was barraging him with attacks and he just protected his head with his arm. She couldn't do anything.

Gilgamesh destroyed Caliburn AFTER he was tired playing with Shirou and his sword.

Aside from the fact that Gilgamesh was aware of Cu's sneak attack due to SNI, he was still able to easily react to him in melee range and deflect Gae Bolg.

But that has nothing to do with Gilgamesh, only with the fact that he used a Sword that was it's superior. Not to mention the best Shirou had done with that same sword before was blocking Herakles blow's, which is not really an indication of how skilled those atatcks were.

Of course he was, he has the speed and the reaction. But Angry Manju can also drag on a battle where no one gets a proper hit in with incredible skill despite the fact his actual battling skill is very bad. Gilgamesh having speed to react doesn't equal him being good at fighting. Especially when we know he would never get close to Sasaki despite having Anti Dimensional Refragment gear and Shichika Yasuri CMB is above that level.

Granted. I actually think people are underestimating Gil. He can notice the strength of his opponents and react properly, especially if they just come after his head as Zhuge Liang theorizes pretty correctly in the Zero singularity.

>Gil's melee fighting.

In terms of CQC stuff, Shichika completely dwarfs Gil. If Shichika gets in range he absolutely destroys.

The barrier is not much of a problem as 10 meters are like...2-3 steps. With Shichika's superior skill it's easy to get in range without caring about the swords.

He was smacking him with a random sword. Caliburn was attacking on its own. Shirou's only job was to hold it tightly. Yes, he is not an idiot. He can survive against Sasaki's attack, but there is no reason to put himself at a disadvantage. Same here. He knows his advatange is overwhelming barrage of conceptual weapons. Both characters are aiming to kill the other, so he is not going to just hopelessly stand there.

When characters are similar in strength and speed, it's knowledge that determines the winner. Or what is referred to as "skill".

Having knowledge and applying it is different. My point remains the same, Gil isn't a brute at melee, but against almost everyone else that has actual skill among Servants, he's nothing. Shirou leaves it quite clear as well in UBW. And that's all that I meant to say.

If Shichika actually gets close enough to use any CQC, he either act quick or he's dead. Shichika is just gonna go in right away, so it's more likely, but still.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
I am afraid that is incorrect. But, it's not something to be discussed on this thread.
Knowing how to do something in theory doesn't mean you can do it.

Example, i know that i need to jump straight, lean backwards, tuck and then release to do the backflip, doesn't mean i can do the backflip.

@Fire

The weapon copying was in relation to his status as the Completed Swordsman and Completed Deviant Blade, where, immediately afterwards, it says "he has been implied to be able to replicate and/or counter the abilities of any weapon or wielder." This is on top of his normal power copy which is outright passive as it worked on stuff he never saw.

"Copying weapons"

What?

And the "has ben implied to replicate and counter abilities of any weapon/weilder" only applies in verse. He can counter all styles in verse. Not all styles ever.

He can copy the powers of weapons or replicate them using his body. Also, i never said that it included all styles ever, just that it would work against Gil since he lacks resistance to power copy.

Pretty sure that Gil doesn't spam conceptual weapons or divine shit, which he doesn't have outside of a few things taht most definitely are not spammed btw, in-character

@fire

While Shichika lacks divinity so the chains wont be at full strength they will still be too strong for him to break with that lifting strength Shichika has or their own durability so he would still be locked in place and skewered

Actually, as we are from the Zero singularity in FGO, Gil is much more open to use more power when he's just attacked. Someone requesting for a duel or someone that Gilgamesh has some sort of thorn with are cases where he holds back, but someone just attacking him out of nowhere and that Gilgamesh can tell is powerful is exactly how you get him being more serious.

By the way, SIN is not completely off the game. It was specifically said that Gilgamesh would see things like being eaten by the Grail or being beaten by Shirou as nonsense, not every single instance of someone powerful being able to hurt him. A powerless, broken girl and a "faker" like Shirou are very special cases and doesn't translate to anyone that may attack Gil.

Well for one that would invalidate basically every in-character Gil match if he actually used SNI and secondly Shichika just looks like a regular kid, so Gil has no reason to instantly pull full power SNI. Also, he gets less serious and more just pissed off from what I remember, which isn't much of a distinction but still.

Hl3 or bust said:
Pretty sure that Gil doesn't spam conceptual weapons or divine shit, which he doesn't have outside of a few things taht most definitely are not spammed btw, in-character
We know it is in character for him to choose the best weapons from GoB to counter the enemy.

I don't mean SIN at full blast, but SIN still let's Gilgamesh see through many truths no matter how well hidden when it's deactivated. See as example: noticing Arthuria lost her virginity and with who, knowing not to approach Sasaki up close without having seen him battle, knowingly making distance with Rin-empowered Saber in UBW, despite callously approaching her in Fate route, the moment she appears, seeing through Caster's illusion as she tries to escape in Fate.

The fact that he looks like a kid doesn't matter a bit. Gil is disdainful of Shirou because he's a faker, he's merely a human and even worse, he's not even someone very talented or powerful. Sakura is just a broken and meek girl that he indeed almost kills without trying. Shichika is nothing like this, and he will know at a glance. And I didn't mean the Zero anime, but the Zero FGO singularity. Waver's whole plan is to formally challenge Gilgamesh, making him use less power as a formal challenge would bind him by his pride, a sudden attack just has him retaliate hard as that's like an insult.

Ok

how exactly does this let Gil counter a blitz-level stat amp that Shichika opens with and is stupidly easy to pull off?

Back