• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad I think this should be closed?

I mean, we have people insulting eachother and calling everyone who voted 2B "ignorant" for not knowing a specific detail of the novel.

Abilities that COMPLETELY change the outcome of the fight, seriously the biggest reason I gave the idea for this matchup was due to 2B possibly being able to close the gap via time manipulation. Now we have evidence her only way to get close is useless (That needs to be added NOW)

Like, when I gave the idea for this matchup I was sure time manipulation would make it difficult for Gilgamesh to keep her at Bay, and regardless of who won it wouldn't be a stomp, and I thought her time manipulation was also a great advantage in close quarters.

Now however, not only will Gilgamesh be serious, 2B has no way to get past a 4km gap with GoB spam, and when she gets close it's Gilgamesh that has the advantage via his near full body armor, his Gate of Babylon, which might I add managed to block many close range attacks from Saber without him lifting a finger (Fate route), and his own swordsmanship.

Time manipulation resistance throws both mine and Dafritz arguments, which we've spent hours debating, completely meaningless thanks to an ability that wasn't on Gil's profile.

Continue the thread if you wish. But speaking as someone who gave you the idea for this matchup....This is a bad matchup.....

Kaltias said:
Both 7-A and speed equal. Attack speed equalized too.
Every victory condition is allowed, they start 100 metres apart.

Dis gon be good
Gil: 6 (William, Rin, Scarlet, Ramesses, Gargoyle, JSW)

2B: 4 (DaFritzi, Civil, NEH, Knight)
But yeah, i'd appreciate if everyone here could chill, because if there is something that i really hate is seeing people insulting each other for something as stupid and trivial as a versus debate.

You are debating about who would win a non-canon crossover battle between two people that don't exist.

Well now that time manipulation still works I think, I change my vote back to 2B.

From this distance, 2B has to activate her time only a couple times, and if she ever gets hit,it will damage her a lot, but it will activate her intangibilty.

So, with a combination of time manipulation and intangibilty, I recast my vote to 2bae-Er...I mean, 2B.

Gil has time manipulation resistance for the fact that Gil and Enkidu both got away scott free from a fully powered Enuma Elish clash. Gil's fully powered Enuma Elish was tearing apart the world while Enkidu's own Enuma Elish, able to hold the World together. As a side effect of Ea when it spins it creates a space-time dislocation and they both where close to each other when the clash happened and where both completely unaffected.

When EA was shooting it.....Also, EA was doing that, a weapon that Gil is far too hesitant to use.

Maybe this could be only a temporary lock until Gil's time resistance is settled? Will it work or will it not work is getting absurdly repetitive, and I'm not keeping this up when I'm on vacation.

IIRC the snippet for time manipulation resistance for Gilgamesh is from the Fate/Zero light novel. He negated Kiritsugu's Bounded Field. It's been a long time since I read it so I'm iffy on this.

But I gotta ask. How exactly is 2B stopping time? Care to provide a video of it?

Scarlet I've been over this before I can't link on a phone and it's not a time stop.

Basically, 2B has two forms of time manipulation, a time grenade that slows down time for a decent amount of time within a confined space which she can throw, and a much shorter time stop that slows down everything around her whenever she dodges.

She also has intangibilty whenever she gets hit for about 6 seconds, plus a gravity grenade.

So does he resist it or not?

Well then, the Time Grenade is useless because it will be destroyed by his Auto Defensors and her time slow when she dodges is nothing more than game mechanics and should be removed.

Her intangibility could help her out at first, but if Gil decides to chain her with Enkidu, she's done.

How is it going to chain a non divine entity that can teleport? Game mechanics or not time slow is a thing, otherwise, almost all of Dante's matches need to be removed and 2B vs Erza also needs removal.

Also I'm pretty sure intangibilty fixes that little problem of getting chained.

Considering what is being said here, I'm favoring Gilgamesh, strongly I might add.

2B's only saving grace are her time shenanigans. But even then it will be difficult to move and dodge hundreds of flying homing swords and what not. Especially when there are weapons that apparently freeze space. Even if she manages to get close, the lightning stuff will prove fatal to her considering her android physiology.

They don't freeze space, it was a statement taken out of context.

Also, I just remembered 2B has instaheal via healing chips.

Gargoyle One said:
How is it going to chain a non divine entity that can teleport? Game mechanics or not time slow is a thing, otherwise, almost all of Dante's matches need to be removed and 2B vs Erza also needs removal.
Also I'm pretty sure intangibilty fixes that little problem of getting chained.
Non-divine or not, the chain is still strong enough to hold her in place, against divine beings it only becomes more stronger. I don't know jack shit about Dante so I can't speak for him, but game mechanics are not considered legit abilities, or else I would advocate for Fallout's main character (a normal human) to have time stop abilities via his VATS system, which is not the case at all.

And intangibility doesn't fix anything if she's chained. That chain can restrict Servant, spiritual beings that are intangible in the first place from going into Spirit Form, and also restrict any kind of space-time movement.

And even then, if he's annoyed enough, he'll bust out Ea and blast her away, intangible or not.

Current score

7 votes for Gil (William, Rin, Scarlet, Ramesses, Jman, JSW, BoomeYang, Should technically count Fab as well due to him strongly favoring Gil and shutting down other arguments but whatever)

5 Votes for 2B (DaFritzi, Civil, NEH, Knight, Gargoyle)

Gargoyle One said:
They don't freeze space, it was a statement taken out of context.
That doesn't change anything for me to be honest. A spam with hundreds of flying and homing projectiles will still be nigh impossible to dodge.

Are we even sure that her 6 seconds invulnerability or intangibility isn't a game mechanic ? invincibility frame or whatever its called. Since if that were the case, then Gil (and basically every playable characters within those games) also has the same thing since in Extella and Unlimited Codes you can't be harmed for several seconds after being hurted.

How was that 6 seconds invulnerability or intangibility explained within the game without resorting to game mechanic ?

If you guys think that she shouldn't have those abilities, make a CRT.

@Ramesses

Thanks for the help

Uhh...VATS isn't even a time stop, it's perception increased for the player during brief moments, which isn't a certain ability mind you, so obviously that's not on his profile, besides, Fallout is a verse that's almost never looked at.

Game mechanics shouldn't even be an argument to begin with, and how does the chain manage to grab something that's intangible? I'm not saying she turns intangible while in chains, but she'll be intangible before hand provided she actually gets hit, besides I really don't see why she can't at all dodge.

We're having arguments about time manipulation being useless due to speed equal, vague and confusing details about I'm resistance from the novel and CCC/game mechanics making it completely invalid and having it removed. This needs a lock or at least atemporary lock.

Fabtastic Glasses, it's probably an invincibility frame. Just like EX Shoryuken from Street Fighter.

But it's fine for me, 2B having or not those abilities doesn't change my vote, it merely makes it harder for Gil to win, although by a considerable margin. I still haven't played the damn game because it keeps crashing on my PC and I just bought it on PS4 because **** me apparently.

Kaltias said:
If you guys think that she shouldn't have those abilities, make a CRT.
@Ramesses

Thanks for the help
You really do need to lock this right now and keep it this way until it's settled, once a CRT is done and if the abilities are removed this thread will be removed anyway, this is getting out of hand and should locked for the time being.

@J-Man

I thought 2-B had the range advantage? Gil doesn't have the full power of Enuma Elishi here.

Anyway they start 100 metres apart to make it fair to both

I will be locking this, but I'm unable to make a ContRev thread because I have to go to work in 10 minutes, so if someone can make that, that would be great.

@Scarlet

Yeah, close this. We can reopen it when the controversy is settled

@Gargoyle Harpe, Gae Buidhe, Gae Bolg. Need more?

@Fab I really need to upgrade my GPU man ;(

@Kaltias Alrighty then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back