• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gargoyle

Out of curiosity, does she have lightning dodging feats? Gil has literal lightning in his inventory in the form of his vajra weapons.

And for the record, Speed Equalized would make time slow useless since time slow still counts as a decrease in speed.

Clearly, this needed to be brought up sooner, I could go on and on trying to name the amount of threads that came from time manipulation.

Ryuko vs Dante

2B vs Erza

Literally every Novel Kars and Bayonnetta fight.

I need proof time manipulation is useless in speed equal fights.

We already went over those, or are you assuming Time manipulation is useless here?

EDIT: Okay so there was a thread by Monarch I can't link that asks questions about speed equal matches I can't link, it's just "speed equalised" (not a typo)

If the distance is 4km then I may need to side with Gil, if it was closer then I could lean towards her but 4km? Sure for mach 15 it's nothing but considering Gil has the same speed it's actually quite a bit, like if you were fighting a snail and had 4km to get tgere youd be fine byt fighting anotger person, with tge same speed with range at 4km? Your capacity to cover 4km in less than a second is rendered useless. At 4km Gil likely wins, if the dustance was closer i could potentially sway my vote but as is? Nah.

Gilgamesh never retreates in character....

Also yeah, time manipulation still matters in speed equal, so she's much faster then Mach 15 and she activates it every time she dodges

Not voting here because I didn't play NieR:Automata , but I would like to point out that SBA says that the match starts as far away from each other's highest range, with 4km as the max range. Gil's range is at least several hundred meters with GoB and planetary with a full Enuma Elish. If the starting distance is 4km, GoB is pretty much useless because (jugding from her profile) 2B doesn't have that problem with the range. Only Ea can cover that distance, but if he's in-character he will not use it.

If this is the case, the starting distance should be shortened so both can fight at their best.

The stronger you are, the less likely Gil will jobs against you. And seeing 2B is nowhere as weak as Shirou nor she's a human either, Gil won't jobs against her

I think 2B can win with better common sense, She isnt the type to be over confident and has a pod that tells her her opponents weaknesses... Gil is extremely arrogant and since he wont expect the time manipulation and wont be doing his best while 2B will then i think his overconfidence could lead to a quick defeat by a well placed time manipulation or a good ol fashion bullet threw the head with her pod.

I admit their abilities are close but intelligence is a factor in battles and like lots of good villians, Gils defeat will come in the early fight from his arrogance which 2B will use to her advantage. Kinda like how batman outwits stronger opponents and wins

The fact that shes a Servant level thread and the fact that she came from another verse will guarantee that Gil won't let his arrogance get the better of himself that would lead to his loss.

Seriously. Gil being an arrogant jobber is more of a meme rather than an actual thing

you cant say its ameme if its an in game thing. Its his actual weakness listed on his page. Secondly how would you even know she is from another verse? I never played the games but his bio doesnt make it seem like he is aware of the multiverse at large

@Civil

He's arrogant, but he's not a moron. He can tell an automaton when he sees one because there are such things in his treasury. When it's moving at Servant-like speeds he's not going to treat it like Shirou, but more like Lancelot in that he's more serious.

Then that just mean that this site doesn't even know him to a good degree. Gil only ever jobbed against Shirou and there's a whole bunch of context behind it. Every other explanation about him and his mentality said otherwise. Hes an arrogant person yes, but hes not an idiot. He'll stop being an arrogant prick if he know what and/or who hes facing and genuinely feel he cannot defeat this enemy the easy way (half-assedly spamming GoB till its dead).

Hes a HS/Servant, he knows what's in the Throne of Heroes and what's not. 2B is not a Servant nor shes a HS, Gil know about this. SNI can tell him info even from parallel universes. 2B is a highly advance cyborg, the closest thing in Nasuland that could come close is Einzbern's Homunculus or whatever Atlas is producing, Gil will know that 2B isn't an Einzbern's Homunculi nor shes an Atlas made weapon. And Gil would know that shes a genuine threat due to his discerning capability

You could argue that he somewhat doesn't know that she came from another verse. But all other things about her being would eliminate all the reasons Gil has to take her half-assedly and that would make him serious from the get go.

So my point still stand. He won't job because:

1. The circumstances here isn't the same as with Shirou. Saying that he'll job against someone because Gil jobbed against Shirou is thus rendered moot because that would mean that anybody who said that doesn't know what they're talking about

2. The existance of 2B and the threat that she brings into the table and the fact that shes fighting Gil eliminates his reason to act arrogantly

They start 100 metres apart. Also, pretty sure that time manipulation still work with speed equal

time manipulation does exist, and i maintain that Gil doesnt have a chance of actually hitting 2B thanks to the TM. Also unlike Gil 2B can do close range and long range attacks at the same time. Simply engage in sword fight with Gil CLose range and have the pod simultaneously fire its gatling gun at gil. open and shut battle

Not if it just decreases the opponents speed which appears to be the case with 2Bs time manipulation. Also what's stopping Gil from bombarding her with omnidirectional attacks with space shattering weapons,laser beams and lightning? Pls her long range attacks are a joke against Gil's auto defensors and shields.

The Pod has rockets and a large laser with it and can create shields so thats what stops him. And time manipulation counts speed equalized means the characters normal runing speads and fighting speads not powers to influence time. And again if Gil did as you say 2B could counter with her own long range attack or tank it with shield or use time manipulation to move out the way.

2B win = she slows down time, has pod do head shot on Gil. Gil cant counter time manipulation means a very dead Gil with a bullet whole in his head

Gil has resistance toward time manipulation even without his Mythical Formal Wear from CCC. Both he and Enkidu were very close to the vicinity of their Enuma Elish clashing and they don't even got affected by the side effect of said clashing.

that isnt listed in the tier 7 version of him. and i want to remind you he is resistant to MAGIC. 2B uses highly advanced tech not magic to ue time manipulation meaning no resistence for Gil.

so even ig you were right which according to the character page, you claim isnt supported, he is resistant to magic not science

Irrelevant. The destruction-reparation of reality loop that was done was the result of NP clashing, not magic or magecraft. And this would make his time resistance not tied to his Magic Resistance whatsoever because Magic Resistance cannot block the effect of a NP unless said NP is explicitly stated to be a form of Magecraft. And both Gil's and Enkidu's NP aren't magic or Magecraft in any way, shape, or form

rebuked: your claim not listed uunder what he is resistant to in his powers and abilities claim for his 7 tier self and not listed anywhere else. You cant make such claims without evidence

Current Tally

Gil( 6 maybe 8 votes) : William, Rin, Scarlet, Ramesses, JSW, Fab, Reppu(Seems to be clearly favoring Gil) and Jman?

2B (4 votes unless Jman switches to 2B) : Gargoyle, DaFritzi, Civil, NEH

Couldn't care less about the profile here being incomplete and/or false. Even if 2B win, it would be an argument from ignorance because the other combatant's page isn't complete. In case he got his resistance in his page then 2B's victory is rendered invalid because she has no chance of winning whatsoever. Heck, in case any one of the staff that know about Nasuland even read the last 5 replies, they can check it and immediately add it into his profile anyway.

please understand not everyome has played the game Gil is in so these arguments rely heavily on the accuracy of character pages, so i have to bese my assessment on what information is available to me.

Then that just mean your arguments are based on ignorance. One which i already corrected since in SF Gil has shown the capability to resist time-space manipulation of greater scale than 2B's own time manipulation.

Also SF is a novel, not a game.

so your telling me that in every Vs's thread youve bee in youve known everything about that series? give me a break are we really at the point where we are insulting each other?

So Gilgamesh.

-Doesn't job against 2B

-Is at a huge advantage with the distance

-Knows everything about 2B

-Resists her time manipulation apparently

You know what, I'm done, I'm voting Gil.

Lol that timing

@Ramesses

I know but i prefer if they state it explicitly

Yet with all my reasoning I'm currently voting Gil thanks to him resisting time manipulation and that wasn't on his profile at all....

2Bs time manipulation was one of the biggest arguments, yet an incomplete profile completely shut that down.

Also, people REALLY need to know and specify what "Speed Equalized" fully means, I get some newcomers getting confused, but when a green like Repuzzan doesn't know the rule that's absurd.

Time manipulation and attack speed are not affected unless stated.

Anyway @Knight

You change your vote now that Gargoyle changed his own or not?

Reppuzan said:
For the record, Gil's resistance to Time Manipulation is tied to his magic resistance. If it isn't magical, he probably won't have resistance to it.
That said, I highly doubt that Time Manipulation would work very well against a weapon like Ea that casually dislocates it.

There's also the fact that Gil isn't as hopeless at close combat as everyone seems to think he is. While he's far from a master, he can still easily counter bloodlusted Saber's attacks by blocking weapons from the Gate of Babylon and held his own against Shirou while the latter was using the skills of other Servants who have mastered their weapons.

That said, I would heavily prefer it if someone would fill out 2B's profile since the descriptions of her capabilities are sparse at best compared to the extensive work we've put out for Gil's profile.
^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back