• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gildedguy CRT Story 6

Time for the long awaited Gildedguy CRT for Story 6 (vs Oxob)!

New Powers and Abilities

- Electricity Manipulation (creates his own electricity in Story 6)

- Electricity Absorption (absorbs Oxob’s electricity in Story 6)

- Electricity Resistance (Is unaffected by Oxob’s electricity via armor in Story 6)

Abilities he should have had before:

- Multiple Personalities (Green Eyed Cowboy from Story 5, cameo in Story 6)

- Acrobatics (displayed when Gildedguy dodges Jade’s attacks in Story 2, and when fighting Oxob in Story 6)

- Elasticity via sword (sword extends, retracts, and is malleable in Stories 2, 4, and 6)

Range:
- Hundreds of meters with sword (Covers very large area of effect around himself, if sword were in uncoiled it would extend MUCH longer. Story 6)

- Thousands of meters with stylus (created a string that reached the clouds in the sky, Story 6)

Powers/Abilities I am unsure about adding:

- Minor Subjective Reality via Stylus (for Weekly to argue, I don’t think so)

- Non-Corporeal via Green Eyed Cowboy (is non-corporeal however he may just be in Gildedguy’s mind)

- Non Physical Interaction (“killed/injured” Green Eyed Cowboy)

References:

Story 2:

Story 4:

Story 5:

Story 6:

Canon Description of Stylus: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/stellapent-cier-gildedguy/a/stella-pen-article

Thread where most of CRT was composed: https://vsbattles.com/threads/gildedguy-story-6-trailer-is-out.64318/

@WeeklyBattles
@Dargoo_Faust
@Spinoirr

Ah I see you @ ed me

I'm fine with the ones that are in the new ones and the ones he should have had but unsure on the others

New Powers and Abilities

- Electricity Manipulation (creates his own electricity in Story 6)

- Electricity Absorption (absorbs Oxob’s electricity in Story 6)

- Electricity Resistance (Is unaffected by Oxob’s electricity via armor in Story 6)
Oxob charges him with a fuckton of electricity that lingers around his armor. It's not an ability he can pull out without facing someone who can create/generate electricity. However you can still call it "Electricity Manipulation" in the same way Lightning Redirection from Avatar is called that, just word it like "Can redirect electricity through his armor" or whatever. Also it's via his armor, the entire first half of the fight would stop making sense if you assumed Gildedguy could redirect lightning through his actual body..

Sure, via armor. He can't absorb it by himself obviously and he gets ****** over by the electricity when it directly hits him early in the fight.

He's very much susceptible to electricity, label it as "Electricity Resistance via armor" like his other armor-based resistances.

Abilities he should have had before:

- Multiple Personalities (Green Eyed Cowboy from Story 5, cameo in Story 6)

- Acrobatics (displayed when Gildedguy dodges Jade’s attacks in Story 2, and when fighting Oxob in Story 6)

- Elasticity via sword (sword extends, retracts, and is malleable in Stories 2, 4, and 6)

ok

Dodging attacks isn't grounds for having acrobatics, you'd need to be more specific.

Word it as "His Sword has [[Elasticity]] (It extends, retracts, and is malleable<cite>"

Range:
- Hundreds of meters with sword (Covers very large area of effect around himself, if sword were in uncoiled it would extend MUCH longer. Story 6)

- Thousands of meters with stylus (created a string that reached the clouds in the sky, Story 6)

You severely overestimate how large several hundred meters is. Gildedguy/Oxob would look like a spec at that distance. Tens / Dozens of meters would be more accurate for what he does in Story 6.

He can make a string that long, yes, but it's a bit weird to word it like he can attack from that range with it, or even really use it at that distance without a considerable updraft taking it into the air for him. It's circumstantial enough for me to say that it isn't worth listing on the profile outside of "can produce thousands of meters of string" next to the description of what his stylus can do.

Powers/Abilities I am unsure about adding:

- Minor Subjective Reality via Stylus (for Weekly to argue, I don’t think so)

- Non-Corporeal via Green Eyed Cowboy (is non-corporeal however he may just be in Gildedguy’s mind)

- Non Physical Interaction (“killed/injured” Green Eyed Cowboy)

Heck no.

No.

Also no.

Seeing as his sword reached into the cloud layer, on top of the feat from GG vs Bog, hundreds of meters is an understatement

Seeing as his sword reached into the cloud layer, on top of the feat from GG vs Bog, hundreds of meters is an understatement
For what he does in Story 3, again, people are forgetting just how huge 100 meters is. His sword wouldn't have reached more than a few dozen meters at best in that shot.

There's like, one shot I can think of that you could possibly misinterpret as the sword going into the clouds and it's entirely possible and more plausible that it's just perspective and distance existing and the sword seemingly disappearing in the distance due to that. You wouldn't need to move anywhere near that far for you to be unable to make out something that thin.

I think youre underestimating just how long his sword actually is seeing as it curves around itself all those times and cuts down an entir forest almost to the horizon

I think youre underestimating just how long his sword actually is seeing as it curves around itself all those times and cuts down an entir forest almost to the horizon
This isn't "almost to the horizon" by a mile, literally.

Gildedguy-vs-Bog-Story-4-Full-Animated-Fight-4-25-screenshot.png

Gildedguy-vs-Bog-Story-4-Full-Animated-Fight-4-27-screenshot.png

Gildedguy-vs-Bog-Story-4-Full-Animated-Fight-6-33-screenshot.png

It's an extremely small clearing.

Also, nitpick, it was more really tall grass/weeds/bramble than a proper forest.

The scene prior to him doing that suggests otherwise, whatwith the dense number of tres around him and all

The scene prior to him doing that suggests otherwise, whatwith the dense number of tres around him and all

There are no trees around him. It's extremely tall grass and bramble. It might look like a forest because the grass is taller than Gildedguy while he's standing up, but practically everything in the video suggests otherwise.

An overhead shot at the start of the animation, and a shot showing him looking out through a clearing, makes this abundantly clear.

QYJol6S.png

JU9mZuR.png

He should definitely have Acrobatics from all of his crazy high jumping and maneuvering from fighting Bog.

For hundreds of meters for his sword check:
(03:25) just pause during different parts and you’ll see that his sword while coiled has about 10 or a little more meters of distance. That’s also coiled various times. If he extends it fully it is muuuuch longer.

He should definitely have Acrobatics from all of his crazy high jumping and maneuvering from fighting Bog.
Either our definition of Acrobatics is too broad or there isn't something I'm seeing in that fight scene. Acrobatics shouldn't be something you get by default for happening to do H2H combat with someone.

just pause during different parts and you’ll see that his sword while coiled has about 10 or a little more meters of distance. That’s also coiled various times. If he extends it fully it is muuuuch longer.
And have we seen him extend his sword fully, against an opponent at > 100/200 meters?

We don't know exactly how his sword operates, so I'd rather use actual feats of him using his sword to attack at X distance rather than extrapolating from it's coiling.

Actual question, partially related to this, what qualifies a character for acrobatics?

Either our definition of Acrobatics is too broad or there isn't something I'm seeing in that fight scene. Acrobatics shouldn't be something you get by default for happening to do H2H combat with someone.

And have we seen him extend his sword fully, against an opponent at > 100/200 meters?

We don't know exactly how his sword operates, so I'd rather use actual feats of him using his sword to attack at X distance rather than extrapolating from it's coiling.
My bad I meant vs Oxob. Gildedguy is jumping dozens of feet in the air.

My bad I meant vs Oxob. Gildedguy is jumping dozens of feet in the air.
Do we seriously label jumping superhumanly good as an acrobatic feat?

Like I wouldn't use "Acrobatic" as a word to describe the Hulk but he'd qualify under the same criteria.

I think it is more so about jumping and maneuvering oneself in an effective way. Gildedguy was doing humanly impossible maneuvers in the air like changing directions midair so yeah acrobatics would be putting it mildly.

Gildedguy was doing humanly impossible maneuvers in the air like changing directions midair so yeah acrobatics would be putting it mildly.
I mean, if our definition of Acrobatics is that loose, sure, but it sounds extremely silly.

Ok so all abilities are good to add except the ones I was unsure of (expectedly so).

The range is still in question however. Perhaps not hundreds of meters but definitely above dozens. I’d say around 50 meters give or take, specifically because his sword coils around 3 times and has a large range regardless.

Alright I’ll apply what was agreed on later today. The range will stay as is then.

Back