• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gildarts vs Shanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WilliamShadow

You'd have to be specific. Haoshoku Haki is a mental attack and Kenbunshoku Haki is precog. Gildarts can't negate those. He could probably negate Busoshoku Haki, but otherwise you can't just use a blanket statement like that.

^yeah my bad for not being specific,I kinda supposed it was obvious I was referring to busoshoku HAKI since @goody mentioned that one as Shanks defence against Gildarts.

WilliamShadow said:
^It doesn't lol since magic doesn't even exist there(exception for a character in ep 48 more or less but it was stated that those with "magic" are superior to all non magic users so HAKI included)plus that HAKI wouldn't matter since Gildarts nullifies not only attacks,but powers of his enemy lol
And pre-cog can't nullify 5 times higher speed at least not constantly so Gildarts get many hits in that case while Shanks pretty much none thou that isn't a problem since the speed is equalised.
There was a sorceror in the Dressrosa Colosseum tournament. From the official VIZ Translation.

@Willian

Gildarts can nullify anything. At all. He can cut through magic to Cancel an attacks. But that's it. It's not like "lol, your powers are useless, I'm broken"

No, Also Gildarts never cutted an armor or anything similar

Now Shanks is the one with a massive advantage in speed, so speed should be equalised. Though we still no very little about him but Gildarts is still fodderising August as per Fairy Tail rules where the enemy always gets weakened when going up against good guys. Inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back