• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gildarts vs Shanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gildarts' Crash Magic isn't new. Also Shanks hasn't really fought until now, but if the OP trend is to be believed, he\ll probably be focused on brute strength. Only time will tell, although by the time Shanks gets a fight I might as well be long dead :(

Gildarts is 5x faster with attacks that ignore dura. Looks like a mismatch, no?

As for precognition that's worthless when you're blitzed to pieces and can't land a hit

Probably.

Also, I think Oda said One Piece was like 65% complete or something some months ago. How long would it take for it to end? Someone should do a rough calculation. At least let's have hope that we won't die before One Piece reaches its climax.

LordAizenSama said:
Gildarts is 5x faster with attacks that ignore dura.
Looks like a mismatch, no?
When this first started it seemed fair since Shanks has precog and some odd abilities on his file. Thought that would close the gap here.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Shanks might win then. He has precognition and one attack from him would put Gildarts out of commission.
Same applies for Gildarts though. And he has the range advantage. That reminds me, why is Gildarts' range listed as High lol

Speed equalised would at least make it winnable for Shanks, i'd vote inconclusive if that was the case, as Shanks can possibly oneshot with higher ap guided with his haki precognition, whilst gildarts can also essentially do the same with hax and greater variety of moves

I'll also go for inconclusive. Hopefully my grandkids will see Shanks in action.

And it seems I was right after all. Gildarts and Shanks do stop fighting and become friends. They can share Shanks' sake and Gildarts' magazines ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hmm, okay I'll go for inconclusive for the same reasons as Aizen.
What should Gildarts' range be changed to?
Same as his AP I guess. OP does not mention the distance between combatants so I don't know how range would be a factor

ScarletFirefly said:
And it seems I was right after all. Gildarts and Shanks do stop fighting and become friends. They can share Shanks' sake and Gildarts' magazines ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, that's exactly what would happen, I mean let's be realistic.

I don't think I would like looking at a magazine full of naked girls. It seems weird somehow. But I'm not sure.

@ScarletFirefly

I thought you were joking before but are you really around Oda's age? Sorry if I sound rude. I don't really need to know the exact age since I don't know Oda's age either.

I thought you were joking before but are you really around Oda's age? Sorry if I sound rude. I don't really need to know the exact age since I don't know Oda's age either.
Wait what? Where'd you get this from lol. I'm 24, altough studying engineering can age you prematurely lel. I thought people would get the joke since One Piece is seamingly endless as a manga.

^lol it still depend on their skills like in case for Gildarts negating his abilities it's not like they would simply go in direct physical brawl,which actually still means using his magic for Gildarts.

My vote: Inconclusive, and we should wait a few years on this match since we've never seen Shanks get serious.

I'm with the people saying we should wait a long time on this match. We have never seen Shanks get serious, and we're only just now seeing Gildarts get 100% serious.

It's going to be a LONG time before we ever see Shanks get truly serious and show some feats other than matching a semi-casual Whitebeard while semi-casual himself (and splitting the atmosphere as a result), and stopping a single magma punch from Sakazuki. Those are pretty much his ONLY two feats. We have no information whatsoever on his fighting style, possible weird martial arts techniques, speed or AP feats when truly serious, etc. All that we know is that he's one of the Yonkou and should be on-par with the likes of Kaidou and Big Mom (he clashed evenly with Kaidou the day before the Whitebeard War). But we haven't seen either of them fight truly seriously, either.

I think people should have patience and wait on this fated match between two very-similar characters, until Shanks has shown some real feats. Sure, Fairy Tail will be long over by then, but it's not like folks will forget how similar Shanks and Gildarts always were. . .this match can be revisited once we've seen Shanks fight.

Edit: I do agree with people saying that the speed-difference (Massivevly Hypersonic for Shanks vs MH+ for Gildarts) would be completely evened-out (if not actually leaning in Shanks' favor) when one considers Shanks having battle precog while Gildarts does not.

Two very similar characters? They are like totally different lol even in looks after the time skip.

Anyway we already decided to do the match,but i also agree it's an unfair match thou similar matches were already made.

WilliamShadow said:
Two very similar characters? They are like totally different lol even in looks after the time skip.
Anyway we already decided to do the match,but i also agree it's an unfair match thou similar matches were already made.
To me it's definitely inconclusive so whatever. Haven't seen Shanks fight seriously, only just barely seeing Gildarts fight seriously.

If forced to give a vote, I'd call this a draw. Busoshoku Haki has the effect of "blocking weird magic crap" (like DF abilities) as long as it is strong enough, so I have no doubt that Shanks could block Gildarts' attacks if-needed, just as Gildarts could almost certainly block Shanks' attacks. The speed-difference would be nullified, in fact probably lean in Shanks' favor, due to his battle precog (and his Haki overall is implied to be just about the best in the world, his Conquerer's Haki is so strong he can break physical objects with it from a distance). On the other hand, to nullify that advantage in reactions that Shanks has, Gildarts has a range advantage. Both have AP which can hurt the other. And so on. I don't see there being a clear victor.

"If forced to give a vote, I'd call this a draw. Busoshoku Haki has the effect of "blocking weird magic crap" (like DF abilities)"

Never knew OP had anti-magic powers

^It doesn't lol since magic doesn't even exist there(exception for a character in ep 48 more or less but it was stated that those with "magic" are superior to all non magic users so HAKI included)plus that HAKI wouldn't matter since Gildarts nullifies not only attacks,but powers of his enemy lol

And pre-cog can't nullify 5 times higher speed at least not constantly so Gildarts get many hits in that case while Shanks pretty much none thou that isn't a problem since the speed is equalised.

Nullifies opponents magic with (crushing evil spreading the truth as example).

Probably a better explanation would be he would negate the HAKI and than hit shanks

WilliamShadow said:
Nullifies opponents magic with (crushing evil spreading the truth as example).
Probably a better explanation would be he would negate the HAKI and than hit shanks
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back