• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gildarts can use crush to protect himself in the area he is in. His crash can reduce the wyverns to pieces

Has he shown the ability to defend himself in 360? Because as far as I know the magic comes from his hands.

The wyverns can reflect, though. How will crash break them if it's reflected? Also, even if the wyverns are destroyed they still Divide the attack that does so in the process, as shown wth Euclid. And they also can be repaired quickly if broken.

I'm saying nothing otherwise. I am saying Crush is a magic like any other, it's not like he just waves and no projectile moves, instantly dissassembling things he wants to dissassmble. Just like when he did it to Natsu and turned him into tons of Natsu's, it is a projectile. All Crush is even more evidence as it's Crush channeled into a blast of cross shaped energy. And that energy/projectile/whatever needs to touch, just as Gray needs to touch you with his ice and Natsu with his flames.

And no, he would still be using Crush defensively, so there's no reason Penetrate goes right through. Not to mention the dividing wyverns don't even need to be close to Divide.

He has shown to effect an entire area with crush, when channeling it into his fists, such as destroy an entire mountain, or even when he is clumsy by tripping destroying a village around him. even without He has used his crush to deflect the enemy away especially with Bluenote at the beginning of the fight. From what I understand, Divide works with physical touch.

Divide works with physical touch to directly halve a person's power. Halving their attacks, such as what Vali did with Loki and Issei did with Euclid, is different, and doesn't require touch.

What was that then because there is lack of clarification from any source i find about it, it just generally says divide

No, Divide has worked from a distance since forever. Just see Vali destroy Kokabiel, his spear of light is divided before he even launches it and Vali isn't touching him.

Perhaps because the mountain and the floor connected to the ground are treated as one object? Because, he can effect the floor and the floor is connected to the houses, which would still be trashed even if he didn't aim for them because the floor they stand on is getting demolished? The wyverns will be flying and touching literally nothing.

The power divide was described as divid the power by halve upon the touch. He doesn't have to effect something that is not touching the ground, he can even effect air based powers too

@LSirLancelotDuLacl That issue with Kokabiel was because Vali had touched him beforehand. He straight up ripped off his wings. Even Vali describes it as working through contact.

"One of the abilities of my "Divine Dividing". It halves the power of those I touch every 10 seconds. Your power will become my power. You don't have time! If you don't defeat me quickly, you will become so weak that you can't even beat a human."

@CNBA3 However, as stated before, this is only for halving someone's power directly. The sub-application to halve an opponent's attacks does not require touch.

"Loki releases a wave of magical-power which is glowing like a rainbow. Vali makes his wings bigger, and it seems like he is planning to take it head on.

[DivideDivideDivideDivideDivideDivideDivideDivide!!]

The Divine-Dividing's ability was activated, and Loki's attack continues to get smaller.

"-It seems like I can use my ability to halve without touching it if it's an attack like this. But, this consumes a lot from me.""

Halving a power does not mean it is negated, enough time to dissemble Issei kind of like halving but into many pieces than just halving.

So I guess it is a matter of who casts the first move first

If it is halved enough then it won't be strong enough to affect him.

"

Euclid releases the huge aura without a second to spare—.

That's quite the thing. It will be dangerous being hit by that directly. But—.

I give orders to the small Dragons using my brainwaves! Then, they gather in front of me swiftly and line up in a line as if they are going to take that on!

Just as his attack is about to hit it. Then—.

[Divide!] [Divide!][Divide!][Divide!][Divide!][Divide!][Divide!][Divide!]

A sound which signifies the power being halved echoes, and it reduces the demonic-power shot from Euclid head on!

His demonic-power gets smaller each time it passes the small Dragons. By the time it reached me, his attack got reduced to a state where I can use my hand to hit it away and demolish it.

"…………!"

It seems like Euclid is in a daze after witnessing this.

This is the other ability of the small Dragons, Divide. This ability is the original power of Hakuryuukou. The object that can halve the power flies in the air by itself. There isn't any other way to defend against attacks better than this!

The small Dragons vanish due to the damage received from Euclid's demonic-power, but it's not like they are completely gone. If I activate the ability again, they will come back."

The wyverns also don't only Divide, but they also Reflect. And even if an attack is initially too strong to Reflect then he can simply Divide it until a point in which he can Reflect it.

@Demonicjester01 Hm? I had the impression it had divided people's power before without coming in contact, or even the Wyverns. And I am not talking of when he divided Kokabiel, but when he divided that big spear of light energy he was charging to send Vali's way. Unless I am misremembering and he halved both Kokabiel and the attack at the same time.

But then Gildarts would simply use crush to deflect against Issei if he tries for reflect. And when he gets dissembled with high level hax, his effects will weaken though as smaller versions of himself.

@Lancelot The spear was halved because Vali halved Kokabiel's power. I guess the spear was still being charged, so halving its power source (Kokabiel) caused it to be halved as well. A similar thing happens in the novel, in which Kokabiel makes countless spears rather than a single one, and half of them disappear when Vali halves them.

Except Penetrate make his attacks go through any defense that may not allow those attacks to hit their target, so deflect or dissassemble is a no go.

@Demonic Odd, I was under the impression that as it was energy already expelled from his body into a solid shape and looking ready to fire, affecting Kokabiel himself wouldn't have halved the attack. Then again it's possible the anime or the author didn't account for this small detail.

But is it not like crush is totally a defense, and it doesn't work like gear canceller which is just null it just breaks down the target to pieces. Also he can still dodge. And a swarm of issei would have their abilities reduced.

Not saying it wouldn't, but not sudgeted to deflection by Gildarts either. It would really come down to who can land their hax first

It doesn't matter that it's not totally a defense, it is a defense that is stopping his attacks from hitting or effecting. You are pulling out semantics, and doing a big NLF if you think Crush is gonna ignore Penetrate because "not exactly a defense".

There are different kinds of power null, not all are the same to the smallest detail, besides that even if it doesn't work, it doesn't mean he can't dodge it. It is not like he just simply cancels a sacred gear without breaking it or anything

All of that is inconsequential to the simple description of Penetrate, disregarding any defense that wouldn't allow Issei's attack to hit it's target. Cut it into pieces, destroy it entirely, stop it dead in it's tracks, nullify it. Of course, maybe if Gildarts had any feat of stopping an effect like this, but he doesn't. Issei attacks are punching through.

>Wyverns that can redirect and boost missed attacks.

>Being able to summon Ddraig to attack, who also has Penetrate and attacks with immense AoE.

>Both have Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames, inextinguishable black flames. Issei has even covered an entire Island easily with this attack.

>Both have flight, Gildarts does not.

Oh yeah, but he won't dodge everything that's for sure.

@Lancelot Penetrate can actually be countered by offense, such as when Apophis or Balor Rias' Power of Destruction countered Issei's Dragon Shots.

I don't see why he wouldn't be using it. Especially if he sees that his attacks can be blocked in such a manner, why wouldn't he using Penetrate for the next ones at least?

He effect inexhaustible flames before, via Natsu's dragon flames, and deflects those attacks, and dodge penetrate, he is clearly fast despite being a heavy hitter

They are, since his battle with Zancrow where he ate his flames, said these are flames that never burn out, he knows because he ate them

Back